Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
1/8 buggy tires and wheels - where to buy?! >

1/8 buggy tires and wheels - where to buy?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 buggy tires and wheels - where to buy?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/8 buggy tires and wheels - where to buy?!

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for shop with good prices of 1/8 buggy tires and wheels. Good prices means cheaper than amainhobbies or carolinasrc. I'm going to buy few boxes of tires for the rest of season (it means 15-20 sets) so little differenc in price x20 sets= bigger difference
Don't matter in or outside of US, I'm from Europe so it is not a difference for me (I suppose Asian shops can be little cheaper even).

Best Regards
Old 05-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.mikeshobbyshop.com I don't know about online prices, never checked... but I can walk in the store and buy them cheaper than Amain or any of those guys.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If you buy sweep tires they come out to $40 a set of 4 unglued www.sweepracing.com I always buy them unglued because the premounts got no holes in the rims or tires. You can get those cheaper then other any other brand and they hook up just as well. My silver compound (similar to proline m4) exagons still have plenty of life after 2 long race days running on abrasive clay.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by awdcameolsx
If you buy sweep tires they come out to $40 a set of 4 unglued www.sweepracing.com I always buy them unglued because the premounts got no holes in the rims or tires. You can get those cheaper then other any other brand and they hook up just as well. My silver compound (similar to proline m4) exagons still have plenty of life after 2 long race days running on abrasive clay.
Cheaper than any other brand? That is about what TRUGGY tires from Proline or AKA cost (without wheels) and considerably more than buggy tires cost, even WITH wheels. (once again, at Mike's)
Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Cheaper than any other brand? That is about what TRUGGY tires from Proline or AKA cost (without wheels) and considerably more than buggy tires cost, even WITH wheels. (once again, at Mike's)
I think the sweep package mentioned above is for wheels and tires. If I can get a set(4) of AKA or Proline wheels/tires for $40 let me know how to contact Mike's ASAP...
Old 05-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

LosiPartshouse.com
Old 05-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I meant $40 for 4 tires with wheels and foams.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

There are always amazing deals on 1/8 buggy tires in our For Sale forums here. Quite a bit of variety and most are new or barely used and you'll get them for much less than a shop. I usually buy my buggy tires on the forums as I get them for $20-$25/set of 4 with foams.
Good luck.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JSR
There are always amazing deals on 1/8 buggy tires in our For Sale forums here. Quite a bit of variety and most are new or barely used and you'll get them for much less than a shop. I usually buy my buggy tires on the forums as I get them for $20-$25/set of 4 with foams.
Good luck.
Hi JSR, i understand what you are thinkink about but usually there is 1 set, so if i would like to order 5 sets, i have to pay shipping cost to Europe 5 times (which is very high).
Old 05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Actually, there's quite a few sale threads where there is a "lot" of tires. I purchased 3 sets, plus wheels and foams recently and the seller had more tire sets still.

From memory, there's one buggy lot of tires for sale that's about 5-6 sets of tires (set = 4pcs) for a total of $70 shipped domestically, so I'm sure pricing can be adjusted to ship internationally. And there's another lot of tires that's about 12-16 sets (forgot how many, but there was a lot of tires), some mounted, some unmounted, 6pcs wheels all for $110 shipped domestically (again, adjustment needed for international). So there's quite a few that sell a large group of tires together.

Good luck.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by matt_pl
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for shop with good prices of 1/8 buggy tires and wheels. Good prices means cheaper than amainhobbies or carolinasrc. I'm going to buy few boxes of tires for the rest of season (it means 15-20 sets) so little differenc in price x20 sets= bigger difference
Don't matter in or outside of US, I'm from Europe so it is not a difference for me (I suppose Asian shops can be little cheaper even).

Best Regards
JConcepts.net