Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For those of you who feel your rear end is too planted, have you even tried removing all of your ball stud washers from the rear brace? Seriously. It should be a massive difference in rotation and steering. Then add back washers until you like it.

Wayne
Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
For those of you who feel your rear end is too planted, have you even tried removing all of your ball stud washers from the rear brace? Seriously. It should be a massive difference in rotation and steering. Then add back washers until you like it.

Wayne
AE drivers with too much rear traction. Whoda' thunk it? Good post. You can always remove grip. Getting it when there's not enough is much harder.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Razathorn

Wayne
Yes currently have none under the ball stud . Next will be shortening the link.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57
Yes currently have none under the ball stud . Next will be shortening the link.
Don't do that. That's too extreme imho. Try a softer front spring or a harder rear one first. Serious. Changing camber link lengths is almost always bad in the rear if the link positions you started with are used by the majority of folks who think the car is great.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Just an fyi. Anyone looking for a car my lhs has 8 of them rcmadness 8607416501
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Legend

give the shorter link a try or
lengthening the car by moving the rear hubs back for more rotation.

Also on last post to you , please excuse me when I suggested to have someone test your ride.
Did not intend to sound like you needed more experience, rather when ever I get stumped with a problem having someone else's opinion and getting to drive other cars helps bring a new view . Sometimes the other car does not even drive as well as your own and this helps you buckle down on driving instead of searching for a solution that is not even going to help.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BillPear
I had the taper/flat conversation with Kody the other night, he boiled it down to tapers are more responsive versus flat. So if you need more rebound go with the taper down. I have run 1.4x3 tapers on my B4.x for a year now and everyone that drives it comments on how plush it is.
you run these all all 4 corners or just the front? thinking about trying some on my t4.2 also
Old 03-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Check pm
Old 03-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bambambennett
Why do people recommend a certain build(mm vs rm) for others. From my experience, I loved MM, until I got my B5r. It is a great car and when set up correctly, it rails 180's, sweepers, basically all the different styles of turning I have thrown at this car in 3 weeks. My bud bought a MM and my RM is hanging right there with him. I think for Stock class, it's a wash. Pick off drivers style, not preference of the masses. Mod might be better off with mm, however my other bud likes his B5r better than his Centro
Here's the deal--the serious racer will want 1 of each built. If you're not serious, pick one and have fun!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Legend

Bill !!!

last night sold the last mid, we did get about 50, have more coming Thursday.

Right now all we have is one rear b5.

Tip

Install a 1/2 m washer under the ball stud for the rear hub.

Will help prevent the stud being forced though the plastic and need replacing the hub.

Very common failure it seems..
Old 03-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Bill !!!

last night sold the last mid, we did get about 50, have more coming Thursday.

Right now all we have is one rear b5.

Tip

Install a 1/2 m washer under the ball stud for the rear hub.

Will help prevent the stud being forced though the plastic and need replacing the hub.

Very common failure it seems..
could you post a picture or diagram. not sure which one you are talking about. inner stud on brace or outer stud on hub?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nazman01
Just an fyi. Anyone looking for a car my lhs has 8 of them rcmadness 8607416501
Didn't get enough at the lhs so I just just bought one from these guys. They have a few more available if you are looking for one.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by BillPear
I had the taper/flat conversation with Kody the other night, he boiled it down to tapers are more responsive versus flat. So if you need more rebound go with the taper down. I have run 1.4x3 tapers on my B4.x for a year now and everyone that drives it comments on how plush it is.
Ding ! Ding ! Ding !

A winner...

Kudos to Bill for the best reply & answer .

taper is very useful for the rear b5, helps free the car and add steering response.
On the mid not so good as traction is more desirable.

try taper 1.6 front and rear
Old 03-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Ugh, another machining problem on my kit. Was putting together my shocks right now and one of the shock shafts only has 1 groove for the e-clip to hold on the piston instead of the 2 needed. This plus one of my turn buckles not having threads on one side is getting a little irritating.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

ok.. ran car last night at friends horse arena.. we built a rc track in there because of all the yuk weather. I have a tractor and vibra packer to make a heck of a nice track. its defin. not a high bite track but more a mid traction track. reminds me of a prepped outdoor track with the dirt.
anyway.. he has a b4.2 and t4.2 that's what he drives and they are really good.

I changed my setup a little on my b5m and shortened the rear camber links, moved rear hub forward, stiffer front springs and raised front ride height 1mm, ran a sq pack battery and slowed my steering down just a tad.. oh and ran bowties in back and ribs in front.. my car was dialed!!

on the choppy bumps the mid went thru smoother with less bouncing then the 4.2 , they both cornered well and had good traction. but I could get thru the rhythm section of the double triple double easier as the gyro effects in the air on the mid were much better. it was much easier to do faster more consistent laps with the mid then the b4.2. I did notice on 2 corners that were tighter 180's that the mid could carve the corner and the b4.2 would kind of whip the back end in the corner.. it was still good but for the smoother driver the mid was awesome.

we had one 20ft. triple that was a blast.. with the mid I just hit the brake between jump 2 and 3 land the downside and punch it.. it just squatted and rocketed away. the b4.2 would not land as smooth and maybe bounce just a tad and couldn't get on it as fast.

just thought would pass on hope as this is not going to be a high bite car only. ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.