Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some revo and t-maxx help for a noob like me =P

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Some revo and t-maxx help for a noob like me =P

Hi everyone. Im having some trouble, deciding what to get as my 2nd rc car. I need nitro. I have an electric revo,(im pretty sure) and it runs out of battery in 5-10 min. Ya ppl like to modd it up and stuff, but im not the guy for that.

So mainly, im looking somewere between a REVO 2.5R VS T-MAXX 2.5r

please help me on which one of those to get, i need the one thats more simple to use and handle (mentally) -P!
the reason im not interested of getting a 3.3 revo, is because, i figure its to much work to take care of. its skill level is 4. maybe a bit to high for me.

Is the 3.3 much more skill then the 2.5r?

If someone can help me answer all my questions, That would be amazing and much much help for me, and other new people out their.

THANK YOU
Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3.3 just means bigger engine, its a much better engine than the 2.5
Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

so it would be a much bigger diffrence if i buy the 3.3? and i still dont have any of my other questions answered =[
Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

The Revo and Tmaxx 3.3 is bigger than the 2.5s chassis i mean
Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The rating of the Revo (skill level 4) is too high, in my opinion.
It is basically a better handling and faster T-Maxx (with improvements, of course).

And the 3.3 is faster, but if you got the 2.5, I can assure you you would want to switch to a 3.3 the first time you drove a 3.3
Old 07-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

get the Revo - its way better
Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Ok get a 3.3 because they drive better, go faster and the motor is more durable because its bigger. T-maxxs are good for bashing and doing wheelies. Revos are good handling, great jumping, good racers. If you ever plan on racing then get the revo. The revos more stable so its probably more fun for bashing too. i think the revo is the way to go. No traxxas is easy to work on so I can't help you there. If you want easy to work on then get a 1/8 scale buggy or truggy. They go fast, are the best for the track, jump level ect.

get a REVO
Old 07-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You could just forget Traxxas and get one of these.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...dproduct=13200

It will do everything you are looking for much better than a traxxas. And with the included starter box it's almost as easy to use as a traxxas. It will also preform much better, and anything 1/8 based is much easier to work on. MT's are complicated in design and have lots of parts.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY

It will do everything you are looking for much better than a traxxas. And with the included starter box it's almost as easy to use as a traxxas. It will also preform much better, and anything 1/8 based is much easier to work on. MT's are complicated in design and have lots of parts.
+1
Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

YA DO THAT! YOULL LOVE IT
Old 07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Thats what I was trying to say But yeah I can completely strip down my 1/8 scale buggy in a few minutes and there are only a few screws. And a lot of the screws are the same. And they drive A LOT better
Old 07-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i have had plenty of experiance with t-maxxs and they suck. yea you can mod it and make it better but in my opinion the revo kicks butt. i would buy a roller of ebay and buy an o.s. 18 tm and i garuntee you, you will love it
Old 07-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

I recomen the 5308 revo 3.3 and they do not make the revo 2.5r anymore. You'll have to look on ebay or in the for sale fourm on this site to find a 2.5r. Then when you have extra money or when you buy it, buy the O.S 18tz.

Tyler
Old 07-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

WOW!

guys, thank you way so much !

i think i know what i need now.

the revo 3.3 it is.

EVERYBODY who has replied on this thread, thank you all, You too tyler.!

Ive been reading the manuels of the cars, and do i really need to clean up my filter after breaking in my revo? Ill be at a lot, so i need to get back home and clean it up??

How long can a revo 3.3 basicly last, with good caring, not alot of jumps, maybe over a speed bump ( haha )!?

im really not a person who would go and replace alot of parts, thats really complicated for me.

THANK YOU AGAIN, BIG APPRECIATION!!!!!

- Ricky
Old 07-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Dirt is the number one way to ruin a motor. A motor could last two nights or two years, the choice is yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.