car hauler bags...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

car hauler bags...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

I use the racers edge bag & love it.I chose that over the other 4-5 that are very similar because the RE bag has 2 full width drawers.I am now looking for a second similar bag & may go for the new venom bag posted above simply to try another brand & changing needs then figure out how to make due without the second full width drawer on the venom.

For you guys that dont have one of these types of bag,when they say a buggy with wing will fit in the top drawer you can actually fit more.I get 2 full sets of tires in ziplock bags on the bottom,a buggy with wheels & wing on,on top of those,then 2 more sets of wheels in ziplocks folded in an L shape over the top & down the sides of the buggy,another set not in a bag behind the buggy under the wing,full bottle of spray SPF30,,,& if your good another set of tires in a bag over the front end of the buggy.

Second shorter full length drawer has 2 mugen starter boxes full hudy station with buggy & truggy toe plates ofna pit mat rolled up & extra stick packs for the starter boxes with room laft over.

The 2 small drawers on bottom hold my radio heavily padded on 5 sides,brake clean,1/2 roll of paper towels,shop towels,tire brush marshal gloves & safety glasses.It also has a big pocket on back that holds a truggy setup board then 2 pockets on the handel end & a larger one on the other endthat aint even used yet.

On the very top they hold2 of those clear plasticlure boxes full of spares & a larger one with spare motors & pipes.

The point of all that is not what I got but when you see the high price of $130-190 its not that much for what you get & can store/transport protected & organized.I was totaly amazed at the crap I got in mine & feel its one of the best ways to spend RC money.Some have a tool caddy on top & some a second full width drawer but their pretty much all the same so pick one,any one & the initial high price wont even matter when you see what they can hold.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sounds like u get a lot of stuff in that bag...whats that thing weigh when your done about 100 punds
Old 09-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

I dont actually know how much it weighs loaded,I never had problems lifting it out of the ford.I would guess 35-40 lbs? The only lifting involved is maybe 30" up & down from the suv then its pull the handle & wheel it to the pits.Its sturdy enough to strap a 20lbs cooler on the top when going from truck to pits & the handle is as long as the box is wide so the pull on the handle is like lifting 5-8 lbs maybe?Thats the problem with internet you cant see I'm 6 foot 240 lbs & lift 30-60lbs wheels off real cars with one arm all day.I guess I didnt consider weight when posting before but to me its not heavy if that helps.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Two F8

Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Two F8 Bags and a H.A.R.D. Cheng-Ho Series 1/10 Hauler Car Bag. Honestly there are many good alternatives, but I like to be the poser