Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pat dillon
does all tracks have diffrent rules? i thought had to run cheaper engines like under $200.00.i run stock one, i would have no chance against nova p35 on the track.
Pat,
That is exactly the reason why some events offer both “GT Spec” & “GT Open” classes.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bassman2
I just want to point out that my awesome pitman Dee Ross took care of my car for the entire main. THANK YOU DEE !!!!! You ARE THE MAN !!!!
It was my pleasure Andy... If I'm not running in the A main with you then just give me a shout..... See you in 2weeks in DALLAS...
Old 10-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

I predominantly run offroad RC's, so don't usually really think about aerodyamics. But I'm getting ready to prep up a second Porsche GT body for my 1/7 DM-1.. Do most of you GT guys drill a bunch of little holes in the front windshield, or just cut the whole thing out? With these big bodies I would think you need as much air flow as possible..
Old 10-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Champion

Also, does anybody run an RB Rally 11 in their GT car? Is it up there among the most powerful 21's?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I predominantly run offroad RC's, so don't usually really think about aerodyamics. But I'm getting ready to prep up a second Porsche GT body for my 1/7 DM-1.. Do most of you GT guys drill a bunch of little holes in the front windshield, or just cut the whole thing out? With these big bodies I would think you need as much air flow as possible..
I run one 70mm diameter hole in the windshield over the tank and two in the rear window. More than enough air and the body is still sturdy if I get flipped over. I run the Protoform PF-8 so the rear window sizes might be different depending on what body you choose.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have run that RB rally engine in my GT and you will love it. Great power and good drivable curve.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pat dillon
does all tracks have diffrent rules? i thought had to run cheaper engines like under $200.00.i run stock one, i would have no chance against nova p35 on the track.
Like the others have said, it depends on what rules your local club uses. I run both the O.S. 21 XZ-B and VG. I use the VG when the $200 limit is in effect. The XZ-B is only $249.99 retail though so it's not crazy expensive and more than fast enough.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
It just depends on where you race. All of the tracks here in Texas run an "Open" class. Its not really the engine that wins races anyway, its a good set-up and a good driver. The P35 shines on the straight, but there are a few guys running $200 Alpha motors that have beat the high dollar Novi's during the SWCS here in Texas, on several occasions.
If you're racing clean against a driver with equal talent as you, its very doubtful you'll be able to beat a guy running a quality Novarossi racing engine with any low power engine.

Unless a guy running a Novarossi is "taken out" of the race or if he DNFs on his own, not much out there can hang with them in terms speed, run time and quality.

Novarossi on-road engines are all killers on the race track.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Default Novarossi Challenge / Miami / Jan 13-15, 2012

GT NATION, Homestead RC Super Raceway invites you to race at the Novarossi Challenge!!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
If you're racing clean against a driver with equal talent as you, its very doubtful you'll be able to beat a guy running a quality Novarossi racing engine with any low power engine.

Unless a guy running a Novarossi is "taken out" of the race or if he DNFs on his own, not much out there can hang with them in terms speed, run time and quality.

Novarossi on-road engines are all killers on the race track.
MY mod OS 25 will make a bitch out of any onroad engine in a GT car !.....the weight of the GT car is substantially higher then what the onroad engines were designed to deal with...
Old 10-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug M
GT NATION, Homestead RC Super Raceway invites you to race at the Novarossi Challenge!!!!

I am putting this one on my calender. Absolutely amazing track. I would love to drive my GT on this nice big track. What will be the rules for 1/8GT class?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bassman2
I am putting this one on my calender. Absolutely amazing track. I would love to drive my GT on this nice big track. What will be the rules for 1/8GT class?
The actual schedule and format is being worked out with Novarossi and Desoto Racing since they are the sponsors. They asked me to let everyone know the dates so everyone can start making plans. As soon as it is nailed down I will let everyone know.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Looks like a premier race to attend next year.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
MY mod OS 25 will make a bitch out of any onroad engine in a GT car !.....the weight of the GT car is substantially higher then what the onroad engines were designed to deal with...
My statement you quoted was made in reference to what wildbill had previously written.

Any “Mod” engines would obviously not apply exactly to that response made to him, but your post might also shed light on similar points regarding open class GT racing and events.

Given your experience as an engine Modder, with all things being equal: the same driver using the same car and related equipment, wouldn’t the driver be potentially faster around the same track with your Mod version of the OS25 over the standard version?

Have heard a lot of good stuff about your mod work too.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug M
The actual schedule and format is being worked out with Novarossi and Desoto Racing since they are the sponsors. They asked me to let everyone know the dates so everyone can start making plans. As soon as it is nailed down I will let everyone know.
Sounds real good Doug, would be great to race GT cars there again, keep us informed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.