Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyper 7

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default hyper 7

i have just got a hyper 7 tq sport second hand and new to rc racing can anybody give me any pointers to look out for ie breaking shocks,arms etc and best things to replace ..

thanks scott
Old 10-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by splitpin
i have just got a hyper 7 tq sport second hand and new to rc racing can anybody give me any pointers to look out for ie breaking shocks,arms etc and best things to replace ..

thanks scott

The H7 is a pretty beefy buggy. It is heavy and just seems to hold up to the abuse I put mine through. As for spares, keep shock shafts on hand. Make sure you get the CNC front carriers for reliability and some good servos. All in all the H7, although dated, was a great machine to learn to drive on. Diff oils in the 5-3-1 (front-center-rear) really make the car handle well. Going as lite as 3 on the front took care of some corner push but was a driver preference.

I still have my PCR pro edition H7. Although it is retired and in pieces, it is complete with both the PBS and Kingpin suspensions for the front
Old 10-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks mate will source some shafts any pointers on batteries for car ie lipo etc
cheers:
Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by splitpin
thanks mate will source some shafts any pointers on batteries for car ie lipo etc
cheers:
Depends on what battery holder that H7 has installed on whether or not you use a hump pack or flatpack. Either way if you are just starting out with racing and bashing then a good NiMH battery will work just fine. Unless you are familiar with LiPO then I would stay away from them. Yes they have gotten safer but they do require special servos or a voltage regulation of some sort on the car itself. Besides unless you are doing marathon runs of 45 minutes or longer, the non-LiPO batteries will be just fine.

In my current car I am running LiFe batteries. They are not as flamable as LiPO and last a little bit longer than the NiMH that are available.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That hyper 7 black will take a beating! the .28 that comes in it gets it moving nicely. Only thing i've broken yet is stock steering servo and a hinge pin. pretty solid buggy but if you race I think there are better options (i only bash so)