Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Shock Spring Rub

Hi, I just build my B5M kit (champions), and the rear springs rub the turnbuckles. They even look bent a little bit to get around them. I can't really figure out if/what I did wrong. The champions edition kit was packaged pretty poorly, so there is a chance I mixed some parts up, but I just don't know which ones would cause this?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-img_4622.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-img_4623.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-img_4624.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-img_4625.jpg  
Old 05-14-2016, 04:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Also, I adjusted and broke in my diff and slipper. When I ran it on pavement the rear tires slipped a lot when I gas it, does this typically mean my diff is too loose and I should tighten it? I tightened it so when i held the slipper and one tire, when i spun the other tire I couldn't get any slip.

Last question, what is the driver/allen wrench size for pinion gear set screws and the threaded rods for the battery mount? The allen wrenches that were included in the kit don't fit in this size well and I'd like to get a driver.

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:59 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

From what I can see, you have your hubs on the wrong sides. Flip them around and you should be good.

Diff adjustment is more about how the car handles in corners. If you have broken it in and it doesn't slip when you check your slipper then leave it for now. If you are turning and the inside tire is slipping and ballooning then yes, you need to tighten the diff.

As far as pinions go, some are 1.5mm and some are 1/16". It depends on the brand you bought. I have been running Losi for many moons and they are 1.5mm.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nbartlet1
Also, I adjusted and broke in my diff and slipper. When I ran it on pavement the rear tires slipped a lot when I gas it, does this typically mean my diff is too loose and I should tighten it? I tightened it so when i held the slipper and one tire, when i spun the other tire I couldn't get any slip.

Last question, what is the driver/allen wrench size for pinion gear set screws and the threaded rods for the battery mount? The allen wrenches that were included in the kit don't fit in this size well and I'd like to get a driver.

Thanks.
BDS gave you some good advice. I'll just add that I have those same tires and they are fairly low traction tires so that's probably why you're loosing traction. It helps to be a little smoother on the throttle/brake and you can also get some more race oriented tires like some Proline Primes (slicks) although they will wear out faster on pavement.

Edit: also it looks like your slipper is adjusted pretty tight. If you adjust it a little looser that might help your traction off the line too. The manual suggests starting with the nut flush with the end of the shaft.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

looks like the top of shock is on wrong side of shock mount they should be on the wing side
Old 05-15-2016, 04:27 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
looks like the top of shock is on wrong side of shock mount they should be on the wing side
No, the shock is mounted correctly.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Hi, I just build my B5M kit (champions), and the rear springs rub the turnbuckles. They even look bent a little bit to get around them. I can't really figure out if/what I did wrong. The champions edition kit was packaged pretty poorly, so there is a chance I mixed some parts up, but I just don't know which ones would cause this?

Thanks!
Hubs are backwards (wrong sides).
Old 05-15-2016, 05:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks!
Rear Hub must be put right !!!
change the left and right)))) checked on my model !!!
Old 05-15-2016, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks!
Need to flip the hubs....you have right hub on left side/vice versa
Old 05-15-2016, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks everyone, simple fix!
Old 05-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thecman26
Could you post up a pic? Yeah in buggy I never really needed one, I did have one but the 3D printed waterfalls were pretty weak and mine broke.
I just cut my existing waterfall and mounted a fan...
Old 05-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Just got my B5M FL used from a AE Driver Car is full option (look so sick). Cant wait to get it out to play
Old 05-15-2016, 01:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akura2

I just cut my existing waterfall and mounted a fan...
I'd move the fan closer to the motor to give it a little more head space to pull air. Butted up against the battery kills the efficiency of the fan to pull air.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Just got a B5M, and I'm not sure what one it is, however it did come with a shapeways 3gear Laydown trans, I did see it requires you to drill 2 extra holes in the chassis. Howeve I have not been able to find a template for the holes, does anyone have a template for it?
Old 05-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JGruber
Just got a B5M, and I'm not sure what one it is, however it did come with a shapeways 3gear Laydown trans, I did see it requires you to drill 2 extra holes in the chassis. Howeve I have not been able to find a template for the holes, does anyone have a template for it?
Take the trans and make a template from it on paper. Did this with the red's laydown trans, works perfectly. Make sure to measure every thing out twice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.