Search

RC8B??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default RC8B??

Hi!
I need opinion on the new buggy RC8B, I just getting into offroad. I choose the RC8B because it really popular and easy to get spare parts here in Australia, so what do you guys think about the RC8B??

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have the original RC8 and it's a great car. It handles well and has been very durable for me. The new B is supposed to be tons better. I'm currently considering buying the new RC8B or the XRAY XB809.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I like mine have had it since med June it is holding up great
on real problems I like it for me it a good buggy
would like to drive a losi to check it out
Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have a buddy that runs the rc8b and he loves it. He ran the rc8 before te new b version came out a and the improvements are very noticable. Personally I run a losi but if that's the parts support in your area go with it it's a very solid platform.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The RC8B is a vast improvement over the original. The parts quality is better, they are less fragile, more steering, better rough track handling. No more secret mods to do, as they are all done with the kit.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Do they have threaded hinge pins with locknuts to secure them yet? Or is AE still useing those tiny screws in the arm and washers to retain the pins?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Do they have threaded hinge pins with locknuts to secure them yet? Or is AE still useing those tiny screws in the arm and washers to retain the pins?
still the tiny screws on the outer hinge pins have not a problem with them
at all even on the first rc8 that was not an issue for me
the only complaint that I had with the new kit was the turnbuckles
being steel not Ti.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think steel may be better. I upgraded my RC8 to the B arms and in a bad wreck I broke the titanium turnbuckle rather than the upper arm. The new parts are really strong

RC8B is a good choice. Parts are just as reasonably priced as the buggy which is a steal. $500 with nothing else needed is a sweet deal IMO.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cary
still the tiny screws on the outer hinge pins have not a problem with them
at all even on the first rc8 that was not an issue for me
the only complaint that I had with the new kit was the turnbuckles
being steel not Ti.
We had alot of trouble with the rc8 spitting out its hingepins even with the updated kits. Thats a bummer.

I'm also bummed they did away with the carbon towers and kept that darn engine mount.

Please tell me it deosn't still have the torque rod chassis braces?

The Mugen Mspec is only $40 more.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_44_48
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I have an RC8B and love it,very dependable,and drives like a champ.Have not had any problems with mine.I would buy another one! IMO
Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
We had alot of trouble with the rc8 spitting out its hingepins even with the updated kits. Thats a bummer.

I'm also bummed they did away with the carbon towers and kept that darn engine mount.

Please tell me it deosn't still have the torque rod chassis braces?

The Mugen Mspec is only $40 more.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_44_48
Wow, nice troll.

The carbon towers are no aluminum. I beleive the Mugen has carbon towers.

The engine mount is great, nothing wrong with being able to remove you motor and no worry about gear mesh.

the Turnbuckle braces are gone.

The hinge pin problem you had, if you put the small washer, you never would lose them. But, with new Aluminum A, B, C and D plates, it is impossible to eject a pic.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
I like mine have had it since med June it is holding up great
on real problems I like it for me it a good buggy
would like to drive a losi to check it out
At Rescue next weekend well swap during practice. Sound good? That will be a great comparison because we both have the same engine and pipe combo.

Last edited by Frank L; 10-08-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: text
Old 10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bigedmond

The carbon towers are no aluminum. I beleive the Mugen has carbon towers.

The engine mount is great, nothing wrong with being able to remove you motor and no worry about gear mesh.

the Turnbuckle braces are gone.

The hinge pin problem you had, if you put the small washer, you never would lose them. But, with new Aluminum A, B, C and D plates, it is impossible to eject a pic.
Well he asked for opinions. Mines going to be negative. Sorry. I had too many issues with the car. Since the RC8 hit the market we have new kits from Mugen, Xray, and Hotbodies that I feel are more advanced and a better buy. I don't think they changed enough.....and I miss the carbon towers.

It was a great kit, but I think there's better options now.

I put the washers and the service pack on. My RC8 still would manage to push out its pins. On time I had the screw wore off where the pin was rubbing and out it came (prior to washers, but still). Another time during a minor wreck (by 1/8th scale standards anyway) my pin came right around its retainer. Seems there is enough flex to let those pins out. I think M2c or someone makes threaded hingpins for the RC8?

Other than that the car drives fine. But I did want something with its weight further forward.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

I have 2 rc8 factory team buggies and will admit I am not a good driver and repeatedly destroyed the toe plates A&B. Switched to M2C and have never had a problem since.I always see something better and want to buy it but i have decided to run 2 rc8's and keep them for as long as parts are available. I know for a fact that the new rc8b is better than what I have. These buggies are tough as nails and I endorse this product.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I have 2 rc8 factory team buggies and will admit I am not a good driver and repeatedly destroyed the toe plates A&B. Switched to M2C and have never had a problem since.I always see something better and want to buy it but i have decided to run 2 rc8's and keep them for as long as parts are available. I know for a fact that the new rc8b is better than what I have. These buggies are tough as nails and I endorse this product.
I thought you were all upgraded to B spec? You have the bigbores, have you done the steering mod yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.