Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
So are you saying that Tekin is no good in a round about way??
Not at all, I'm saying I think many people will accuse the Viper 1/8 motors of being Tekin clones just because they have a similar color scheme. I have nothing against Tekin products. I have never used them myself so I don't have an opinion one way or the other, but have heard nothing but good things about them.

Last edited by simplechamp; 01-31-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Novak Ballistic 8

Looks like Novak is releasing a legitimate 1/8 scale BL motor.. FINALLY!

http://teamnovak.com/press_releases/...c_8_Motors.pdf

ESC to follow.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The 4s limit on the Novak is a let down as usual. At least they saw the light finally and started working on the 1/8 4 pole sensored motors. But this motor looks so cheap. Looks like an old Feigao motor. I like looks and feel of the Ballistic and previous models, but to me they just went cheap with the 1/8 motor.

The Tekin motors spin just as smooth as the Tekno Neu's that I have.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snellemin
The 4s limit on the Novak is a let down as usual. At least they saw the light finally and started working on the 1/8 4 pole sensored motors. But this motor looks so cheap. Looks like an old Feigao motor. I like looks and feel of the Ballistic and previous models, but to me they just went cheap with the 1/8 motor.

The Tekin motors spin just as smooth as the Tekno Neu's that I have.
Looks cheap from one little picture? LOL Looks can be deceiving.. earlier I mistook the red anodised look of Viper for for a Tekin. Proof is in how it performs.

As for the limit on the ESC.. there I agree with you. Not sure why they are only going to do a 4S.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Heatsink is feigao like. No innovation there. Disappointing for an American company. It would've been nicer if it looked like a Ballistic. But this is just my opinion. I believe it will perform just as well as other motors in the same price range. RPM limit is my concern and kv options.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Maybe after these are released and established in the market they will add the Ballistic 8 to their "Build-A-Ballistic" program, and let the user choose custom winds and tuning rotors.

It's nice to see it fully user-rebuildable. With either this or the Venom 1/8 I can buy a motor, and then if want to play around with different voltages or gear for a different vehicle I can buy a different wind stator instead of a whole new motor. Not to mention being able to repair things yourself if you need a new rotor, sensor package, etc.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
You stock shocks will fit fine. You may have bought the wrong towers. My Max Velocity Front Tower has 8 possible positions to mount the front shocks onto. Good Luck!
He got the 1st version of the shock tower, he needs to get a hold of Max Velocity and they will replace it for free with the updated version. More than likely he bought it from a hobby shop that just wanted to get rid of it instead of actually helping a customer.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
He got the 1st version of the shock tower, he needs to get a hold of Max Velocity and they will replace it for free with the updated version. More than likely he bought it from a hobby shop that just wanted to get rid of it instead of actually helping a customer.
That sucks!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Yet another reason to shop at IGT Hobbies! I'm about to pick up a set of the Max Velocity carbon IGT towers myself.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Aluminum rims

Have any of you guys ever run aluminum rims? pros/cons?

I know they are not ideal for nitro, but for brushless I have been eyeballing some.

Thanks guys!

Old 02-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Aluminum wheels do look great, but might be hard to glue slicks and more rotational weight too. A hard hit might bend them forever, shatter plastic/pins or "taco" a chassis real fast.
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-ipanema-wide-gt-vs-standard-gt-slicks.jpg  
Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Aluminum wheels do look great, but might be hard to glue slicks and more rotational weight too. A hard hit might bend them forever, shatter plastic/pins or "taco" a chassis real fast.
Thanks for your feedback, you're probably right. If I get some, they'll probably be for show and pictures only.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Today I made a custom center diff brace for my Jammin GT. It has an extended shelf to mount the ESC, and a wide opening in the center to allow easy adjustment of the Slipperential.

Also, after discovering my RC-Monster motor mount had a very slight bend, I ordered the Jammin/NEXX8 cam motor mount. OFN41125
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-p1030240.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-p1030242.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet
Thanks for your feedback, you're probably right. If I get some, they'll probably be for show and pictures only.

Hey if you find some nice ones can you post some links... I wouldn't mind a sick looking set for the shelf on my GTP2E/IGTBody
Old 02-08-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by drpower
Hey if you find some nice ones can you post some links... I wouldn't mind a sick looking set for the shelf on my GTP2E/IGTBody
I have been looking at these. I know NitroRCX doesn't exactly sweat quality, but they would look great for show.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c00-816121.html

I wish Vanquish made rims for buggies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.