Old 01-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

no problem, glad I could help.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Steevo
Hi Mike,
Try this email, This is his private email; [email protected]
Send Andy an email with your request and he'll get back to you.
Andy responded to my email quickly. Thanks Steevo
Old 01-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

stratuskyo,

I was talking about a carpet track. Most of the world does not run on carpet so I should have been more clear..................
Old 01-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Regional Moderator

TTT
Old 01-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys whats the real score between the TAO4pro/TAO4R and TRF414? im having problems if i will still continuie to drive a TAO4pro? or will i get the TRF414? most of my club memebers are goin to TRF414? and they want me to also convert to that. before i decide to stick with my old car but nowadays i cant win anymore with my TAO4...HELP!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Also guys whats the best set-up for the TAO4pro so i can even up and match with the TRF414? i have put all the needed hop-ups an O4 can have what else can i do to speed up my car...thanks dudes
Old 01-14-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

the 04 lacks the ability to adjust roll center. The 414 really came alive when the roll center was raised. (sorry your 04 will never be as fast as a well set-up 414)

That being said before you go out and buy a 414 take a VERY serious look at the new EVO 3. I recently switched from a 414 to the EVO 3. This car is very quick off the corners (uses a 2.6 internal ratio vs. the 414's 2.13) and shares all suspension arms/ shocks with the 414.

Bottom line Dave Jun nearly won the US Touring car champions ships last weekend (placed 4th with bad racing luck)...and it was the first time he had run this car!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Madjack,

Not trying to pick a fight but you can adjust roll center on a 04 very easy just have to use your noggen a little. It is much eaiser to do on a 414 but can be done on the 04.

The reason I run the 04 is because I run in the tcs races in gt2 I don't race the car on a weekly basis. And the 414 cannot be run in gt2 only in gt1
Old 01-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

hm...... a higher gear ratio = better acceleration??
i dun think so because it only affects the spur and pinion gear combination............

well i have another belt car slimlar basic belt design to the 414 but the internal ratio is 2.246 and the acceleration seems faster ....

any ideas?
Old 01-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys but are there any more technics on how could beat my co-racers trf414? or its up to my driving skills. on how to match them? can i put washers in the screws where the chasis connects to the bulkhead casing like wat surikarn did at his TRF414 so my steering will be aggressive? i dont know what else...hmmm......
Old 01-15-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by KINGZJ
Madjack,

Not trying to pick a fight but you can adjust roll center on a 04 very easy just have to use your noggen a little. It is much eaiser to do on a 414 but can be done on the 04.

The reason I run the 04 is because I run in the tcs races in gt2 I don't race the car on a weekly basis. And the 414 cannot be run in gt2 only in gt1
fight...nah, no offense taken. I was under the assumtion that he was trying to fit within TCS rules. (can't raise the roll center from the lower arms, only the upper links) With that being said I have never been able to get my 04 to ride as flat thru the corners (with red or yellow springs) as a 414 or an EVO 3.

Guess if you could we would probably see the TRF team drivers running the 04 car once in a while at the .

my .02
Old 01-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can i put washers in the screws where the chasis connects to the bulkhead casing like wat surikarn did at his TRF414 so my steering will be aggressive?
The 04 uses fixed kick up and anti squat where the 414 is independant so you will have a harder time running the anti-lift Surikarn did in front not impossible but is doable
Old 01-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by imataquito
hm...... a higher gear ratio = better acceleration??
i dun think so because it only affects the spur and pinion gear combination............

well i have another belt car slimlar basic belt design to the 414 but the internal ratio is 2.246 and the acceleration seems faster ....

any ideas?
I had a similar discussion about this with a buddy that I race with. Our conversation started off as an observation that the TA04 acceleration looks faster than <insert some other competition class car here.> I don't think it's the internal transmission ratio that would cause this because FDR is FDR regardless of how you get there. If anything, I would expect the TA04 to have worse acceleration because of the additional rotating mass of the huge pinion and spurgears compared to, say, a TC3. The only explaination that we could come up with was that the larger pinion and spurgears have less of an angle between the teeth (closer to a straight line) that allows a more efficient mesh of the gears and this translated into faster acceleration. It's a theory, but maybe an explanation for you.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

No its kinda like on a motorcycle if you want higher ration for lets say drag racing then you can either go to a smaller front sprocket or a larger rear sprocket (this is on a motorcycle). Now how it usually works is 1 tooth smaller in the front is eqal to 3 teeth larger in the back. If you want to keep the front end of the bike on the ground then you would put a smaller sprocket on the front and if you want to do wheelies you put a larger one on the back. Basically what I am getting at is if you want to have snap in the infield then run the largest spur gear you can fit on you car to get the ration you want. if you want the same ration but traction control then run the smallest spur you can fit to get the same ratio.

I know I most likely confused everybody but if you have a question ask away maybe I can clear it up
Old 01-15-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

it does have effects ??
huh ? wierd......... i never heard of this ......
well the motocycle is a different case .....i think - similar to a bicycle ...... where a smaller spocket infront will need more rpm's to run same speed which means lower gearing ......

or is this not the case???

more explainations ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.