Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
for you guys with V4s, how has durango's aluminum quality been for you. toying with getting this.
Aluminum has been great, carbon front towers are the only part I've broken I felt like I shouldn't have. Plastics are better for me as we run on carpet with zero padding strait to concrete.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PIHGUAM1
Im running on carpet outdoors. When it is bone dry, there is lots of grip. When there is moisture it gets slippery. Track conditions change frequently. We have a saying here "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes and it will change."

We need to have 3 sets of tires due to the changing conditions. There is not enough time to change set up. So tuning needs to be somewhat neutral.

I'll give your suggestion a try first. Especially seeing how I have more saddle packs then shorties. ;-)
I have run my car on low-medium grip dirt outdoors, high grip astroturf outdoors and low grip astroturf outdoors (wet) with very small adjustments to setup.

I run with the saddle config, batteries forward with the kit setup for high grip (minus front rollbar which is personal preference)

for low grip astro I changed to inside hole for the shocks on the arm.

for dirt I changed the rear camber link to be lower and a thicker rear rollbar.

I'm not saying the shorty config wont work, but the saddle pack config has certainly worked is all conditions with very small adjustments to the setup. the car really is THAT good!
Old 02-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Yea I was looking at your set up sheets and only see minor changes.

I figured the car must be well balanced and works really well or this guy is really lazy and drives really good. :-)

So how is it on bumpy surfaces? Though our track is covered with carpet, the surface is not smooth underneath. It is definitely off road, not an on road track with some ramps.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

curious as well on handling in bumpy conditions.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, me too!
What interrests me very much is, as the front and rear shock shafts are shorter, than on the previus 410's, how about max droop at the v5!?
At the front shock tower, TD went back to the original one and the rear is completly new, may lower, too?
Old 02-14-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, very interested in this car, one thing I'm not sure about though, what's up with the slipper gear diff setup? I run a tekno sct that has a full on center gear diff with no slipper and would want the same in a 4x4 buggy. Reading through this thread has me confused to what the options are and the info on Durango's site doesn't answer my ? either. Confirmation on this from some of you owners out there would be great. I appreciate it and tia.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

car shows in stock now on towerhobbies

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDUHU&P=SM

with 014R2 coupon code $60 off = $339 shipped free
Old 02-15-2016, 01:20 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal
Hey guys, very interested in this car, one thing I'm not sure about though, what's up with the slipper gear diff setup? I run a tekno sct that has a full on center gear diff with no slipper and would want the same in a 4x4 buggy. Reading through this thread has me confused to what the options are and the info on Durango's site doesn't answer my ? either. Confirmation on this from some of you owners out there would be great. I appreciate it and tia.
From what I've been able to gather while not having the kit, the Exotek slipper eliminator will remove the slipper action.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:56 AM
psl
Tech Adept

The Exotek product works great. It locks down the slipper.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

So will that lock in the front and only give you adjustment with the different weight fluid to the rear?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ekt
From what I've been able to gather while not having the kit, the Exotek slipper eliminator will remove the slipper action.
I do not understand that exotek thing!?
Cant i lock the slipper just by srewing down the slipper nut as much i can, so this would not be needed, or do i understand that wrong!?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
car shows in stock now on towerhobbies

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDUHU&P=SM

with 014R2 coupon code $60 off = $339 shipped free
wrong car, this is the one you want:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFRFU&P=ML

$389.99 with that coupon
Old 02-15-2016, 02:52 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal
So will that lock in the front and only give you adjustment with the different weight fluid to the rear?
It removes the slipper action, making it just a standard diff.

Originally Posted by micholix
I do not understand that exotek thing!?
Cant i lock the slipper just by srewing down the slipper nut as much i can, so this would not be needed, or do i understand that wrong!?
It was designed for the old DESC410. When the spring was fully tightened, some people were still reporting slip. It might not be needed for the buggy due to less weight.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Got the shipping notification for mine! Can't wait, my first wheeler!

Originally Posted by ekt
It was designed for the old DESC410. When the spring was fully tightened, some people were still reporting slip. It might not be needed for the buggy due to less weight.
Well that, and a big 550 4-pole spinning 4 SCT tires.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:45 PM
psl
Tech Adept

When you tightened the nut fully down it did slip once and a while and caused a few problems. Once I put the diff locker on it never slipped.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.