Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

just bought a 2015 on sale...wt......I'm closing my eyes on the 2016
Old 09-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What are ppl running for motors in the t4? Would reds racing be a good choice to go with an orca esc? It would be a 17.5 or stock class.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Currently running a Hobbywing V10 motor and have been very happy. I have also used a Team Powers Actinium and it ran great. No experience with Reds motors, but I have heard good things from people who have. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Could someone help with a tekin rsx esc settings for a fantom 6.5t pro mod. Not sure what boost and timing i should be running.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Man, this forum doesn't get too much traffic looks like. I decided to go with a Orca VX3 esc and it is on the way to me. So I am trying to decide on which motor to run now... I am wanting to go with a Trinity D4 17.5 for the stock class I will be running in. I am just a little unsure about the Short stack motor version (17.5 1S). Can someone explain to me a little more what I would need to do when running this motor.
1. Can I run 2S lipo? or will 1S be just as fast as 2S with the ss motor?
2. what gearing (pinion) should I start with with the t4 spur
3. Is there anything that I need to be nervous about when running this motor? I want something that is dependable and I don't want to be worrying a lot about it. I was about to buy it and someone said if I am not real familiar with the short stack motor that I probably shouldn't get it. And that is just making me wondering if I should just go with the regular D4 17.5. Any advise is appreciated.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Man, this forum doesn't get too much traffic looks like. I decided to go with a Orca VX3 esc and it is on the way to me. So I am trying to decide on which motor to run now... I am wanting to go with a Trinity D4 17.5 for the stock class I will be running in. I am just a little unsure about the Short stack motor version (17.5 1S). Can someone explain to me a little more what I would need to do when running this motor.
1. Can I run 2S lipo? or will 1S be just as fast as 2S with the ss motor?
2. what gearing (pinion) should I start with with the t4 spur
3. Is there anything that I need to be nervous about when running this motor? I want something that is dependable and I don't want to be worrying a lot about it. I was about to buy it and someone said if I am not real familiar with the short stack motor that I probably shouldn't get it. And that is just making me wondering if I should just go with the regular D4 17.5. Any advise is appreciated.

#1. Yes to 2s
#2. Depends on your track size and such, I start around 3.80-3.90 FDR
#3. Hold on to your hat, they have lots of torque.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Rule of thumb with the D4/D41S

Technical Tight and Twisty Track - go short stack.

Large Flowing and open layout - normal.

Always get the turquoise high torque rotors for TC use.

Well, that's my understanding anyway (and also how Fantom used to recommend the IonV5 equivalents be used)
Old 09-28-2015, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just buy the 1s and gear properly for your track.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looking for a new way to hold the battery in place, currently using tape but want to explore my options. Considering using the Velcro straps but not sure what length I need also willing to consider other ways to mount them. Anyone have pics they are willing to post?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Looking for a new way to hold the battery in place, currently using tape but want to explore my options. Considering using the Velcro straps but not sure what length I need also willing to consider other ways to mount them. Anyone have pics they are willing to post?

Thank you in advance.
I'm using a mount made by A-Plus I think, it' very good, I hate tape myself, either way there is 3-4 options around for the strap mounts from brands, and I thought Xray even does a no tape mount now.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hello,
I'm happily running offroad outdoor with my Xb8e. Now that the season is about to end, i would like to keep driving indoor. The only nearby indoor club available runs 1:10 touring e-cars.
I'm highly satisfied with my buggy hence I would stick to xray.
After some investigation, looks like that the T4 is a most valid platform. But, compared to offroad, I had the impression of extreme complication, especially in terms of choice of electronics, rules, range of performance and tires...
My question is, would be the T4 suitable for casual driving? I mean, I would like to keep the wrenching time down to minimum and avoid to look all over for a bunch of hop ups part needed to drive straight...
You can see the track at www.arcb.ch
Old 09-29-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse

Thank you in advance.
I use tape, but not the usual way.

I have two aluminium round posts bolted through the chassis at either end of the battery bay (I used the holes almost any chassis would have there) and one strip of tape going around the battery on the outside, and one over the top. Both strips are tape doubled back on itself so it's very strong and very light.

The strip going over the top has two pieces of very thin PCB trapped in the fold over at both ends with a hole through big enough so it fits over the posts.

The strip going around the battery is wrapped around two pieces of very thin wall aluminium tube at either end and is doubled back on itself.

These tubes slide over the posts and the top strip is placed with the PCB tabs in the posts above the tubes and held in place with two body pins above the tabs.

The result is a very strong, very light battery holder that moves with no opposition to the chassis flex and allows the battery to "float" freely inside. I replace the tape perhaps once a year.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 AM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The reason why people use tape is so the chassis will flex properly. If you are just starting out in touring car you may not notice it. But as you get better and chasing tenths it does make a difference.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RioImmagina
Hello,
I'm happily running offroad outdoor with my Xb8e. Now that the season is about to end, i would like to keep driving indoor. The only nearby indoor club available runs 1:10 touring e-cars.
I'm highly satisfied with my buggy hence I would stick to xray.
After some investigation, looks like that the T4 is a most valid platform. But, compared to offroad, I had the impression of extreme complication, especially in terms of choice of electronics, rules, range of performance and tires...
My question is, would be the T4 suitable for casual driving? I mean, I would like to keep the wrenching time down to minimum and avoid to look all over for a bunch of hop ups part needed to drive straight...
You can see the track at www.arcb.ch
Xray is one of the easiest cars to own, if not the easiest TC to own. You might want to wait though, or place a pre-order for the 2016 model which is on it's way to distributors very soon. Several online shops are taking pre-orders already. Your LHS may also be doing the same, I'd suggest checking there first.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R Dodge
Xray is one of the easiest cars to own, if not the easiest TC to own. You might want to wait though, or place a pre-order for the 2016 model which is on it's way to distributors very soon. Several online shops are taking pre-orders already. Your LHS may also be doing the same, I'd suggest checking there first.
Well, i thougth that, with the 2016 model incoming, I could buy the 2015 for a good price 😌
For the time being, I don't intend to compete, just to have fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.