Wiki Posts
Search

truggy vs buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default truggy vs buggy?

alright im gonna be racing starting in febuary-march the club hasnt deceided yet and im looking at getting the losi 8ight 2.0t or the losi 8ight 2.0b. Im gonna be doing racing and a little bashing. the thing i mean by bashing is jumping a little not a lot and than driving on the road and on this little dirt track i have made. Im wondering what would be better the buggy or truggy? And which is tougher? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (88%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
alright im gonna be racing starting in febuary-march the club hasnt deceided yet and im looking at getting the losi 8ight 2.0t or the losi 8ight 2.0b. Im gonna be doing racing and a little bashing. the thing i mean by bashing is jumping a little not a lot and than driving on the road and on this little dirt track i have made. Im wondering what would be better the buggy or truggy? And which is tougher? Thanks for the help guys.
Truggy, for "bashing", truggy is becoming a really really big class more and more people everyday are getting into a truggy. Here at my local track we have more truggies that we do buggies. I have the Losi 8ight B 2.0.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If by tougher you mean harder then .... Buggy is definitely tougher to drive, as per durability I think that buggy would be more durable because of less weight => less momentum.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

we have more buggies where im at. We have a pretty wide open track but its not very big. Well i saw a guy write a review on his buggy and he said it was going 55mph stock. Does that sounds right? Sounds a litle fast to me. I think i like the truggy just cause of the bigger wheels but i could put bigger wheels on a buggy if i ever needed it couldnt i? When i go hunting or camping i like to bring my car for something fun. thamls for the help
Old 01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz
If by tougher you mean harder then .... Buggy is definitely tougher to drive, as per durability I think that buggy would be more durable because of less weight => less momentum.
yes...2nd that...had both, bigger rims and tires wider a-arms ...u will sink less $ into a buggy if beating or racing hard.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Prophet

yea i think the guy who said his buggy was going 50 mph , is ethier bs or not slowing down, at the end of straight lol.

as for what do i prefer to drive well last season i raced my 1/8 buggy and yes its harder to drive and you have to be smooth with it. 2010 is gone to be my first year racing truggy .

but from what i seen at my track the guys ,with the truggy they look like a blast they drive them hard to .
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
yes...2nd that...had both, bigger rims and tires wider a-arms ...u will sink less $ into a buggy if beating or racing hard.

what i never seen anybody break a truggy at my track .
Old 01-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Suspended

we have more buggies where im at. We have a pretty wide open track but its not very big. Well i saw a guy write a review on his buggy and he said it was going 55mph stock. Does that sounds right? Sounds a litle fast to me. I think i like the truggy just cause of the bigger wheels but i could put bigger wheels on a buggy if i ever needed it couldnt i? When i go hunting or camping i like to bring my car for something fun. thamls for the help
I dont know what else to tell you as far as that goes because I would never try and stick truggy wheels on my buggy and if its not race day my buggy doesnt hit the ground. you think twice about just bashing by the time you got $1500 tied up in the damn thing, or at least i do lol.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

these were my 8s.....
Attached Thumbnails truggy vs buggy?-lg-166856.jpg   truggy vs buggy?-lg-173442.jpg  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
these were my 8s.....
Is that a go 3 port i spy in that buggy. I got one of those motors. pretty good for the money.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by carlam
I dont know what else to tell you as far as that goes because I would never try and stick truggy wheels on my buggy and if its not race day my buggy doesnt hit the ground. you think twice about just bashing by the time you got $1500 tied up in the damn thing, or at least i do lol.
yes...buy something cheep to bash....like a used revo...the eights are made for racing.....
Old 01-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Is that a go 3 port i spy in that buggy. I got one of those motors. pretty good for the money.
7 port in buggy and 5 port in truggy.
Attached Thumbnails truggy vs buggy?-picture-5.jpg   truggy vs buggy?-picture-6.jpg  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Suspended

here is a pic of mine, not pretty thats my practice body lol.
Attached Thumbnails truggy vs buggy?-picture-005.jpg  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

as far as racing goes...truggy would be easer to drive, being wider and more weight, they are more stable.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

here is a pic of mine, not pretty thats my practice body lol.
looks sweet...when that motors done ...get the 7 port....the buggys love-em.
lots more hi-end with the 7 port.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.