Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

which firmware should work best for 12th scale 1S.
am running SP V3 4.0T motor now...

esc settings would be nice...

t-i-a
Old 03-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Thanks, its weird I can turn the esc off then on and it works for a bit agian, it seems when the car gets bonked it does it.
Open up the end bell of the motor and reseat the sensor unit.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
which firmware should work best for 12th scale 1S.
am running SP V3 4.0T motor now...

esc settings would be nice...

t-i-a
Mod motor usually use the 205g version.....1S or 2S, don't matters.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Solara

Is there any chance of getting a "push control" like the Tekn has in the next update from SP ???

i liked it on the tekin in the 12th because it was like an anti brake and let the car roll more ???

cheeRS Phil
Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Has anyone had problems with savox servos and the Speed Passion GT2.0 ESC's? I'm not convinced the ESC has anything to do with the troubles people are having with Savox servos and Spektrum rx's. Any input? Some claim it is the BEC in the ESC, I think it is the Rx.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Banshee8530
Has anyone had problems with savox servos and the Speed Passion GT2.0 ESC's? I'm not convinced the ESC has anything to do with the troubles people are having with Savox servos and Spektrum rx's. Any input? Some claim it is the BEC in the ESC, I think it is the Rx.
some claim the servo sucks to much voltage
Old 03-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi,

I've just picked up a gt2.1 pro stock and a d3 9.5T

What software should I load on the esc? Unsure whether I should be using the modified or stock software on a 9.5T motor.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

The voltage SHOULD be limited by the BEC... I stress should... twice. Most ESC's have a 3.0A current capability on the BEC regardless of the Voltage value, some are 5.5V, some 5.75V, some 6V. The one constant I see is the Spektrum RX. Not trying to bash Spektrum, just wondering if anyone can offer a good explanation to the problem... are some internal BEC's not limited on Current/AMPS? I know the Speed Passion literature says it is. Has anyone had this issue with a speed passion? Will the Rx's BEC curcuitry cause this?

curious.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The voltage SHOULD be limited by the BEC... I stress should... twice. Most ESC's have a 3.0A current capability on the BEC regardless of the Voltage value, some are 5.5V, some 5.75V, some 6V. The one constant I see is the Spektrum RX. Not trying to bash Spektrum, just wondering if anyone can offer a good explanation to the problem... are some internal BEC's not limited on Current/AMPS? I know the Speed Passion literature says it is. Has anyone had this issue with a speed passion? Will the Rx's BEC curcuitry cause this?

curious.
The output voltage from the ESC is regulated to 5.75 or 6 depending on model. The voltage should not drop unless there is more then the 3As being drawn from the BEC at the given moment. Running a nice big capacitor on the RX'er end (also known as a glitch buster) will help the BEC keep a constant output voltage, for when the servo needs alot of power.

Rx'ers, dont have BEC's.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

I am running a Savox and a GT2.0pro without any problems ,

Its not a voltage thing it is Amps the servo wants to pull
Old 03-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I'd figure I'll ask my question here i have the Speed Passion Short Course Master ESC Sensored...can you use another motor with this ESC?..I've read that this ESC doesn't work with other motors...is this true? i was looking into running a 17.5 sensored motor with it..anybody that has any experience with it or any info on what motors will work..would be really appreciated..
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Hey Solara

Is there any chance of getting a "push control" like the Tekn has in the next update from SP ???

i liked it on the tekin in the 12th because it was like an anti brake and let the car roll more ???

cheeRS Phil
On our next generation ESC, we will have that feature on the firmware...your request is forwarded to the HQ, thanks.

P.S...the feeling of push control vs the radio "sub-trim" setting it going forward is not the same..? I use the radio sub trim setting (set the motor roll forward) on my TC when racing 21.5 class to act as a rolling start(push) kinda effect...I would like to know what are the different between the 2. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tedstryker
I'd figure I'll ask my question here i have the Speed Passion Short Course Master ESC Sensored...can you use another motor with this ESC?..I've read that this ESC doesn't work with other motors...is this true? i was looking into running a 17.5 sensored motor with it..anybody that has any experience with it or any info on what motors will work..would be really appreciated..
The original/early batch of the SCM dated like a year ago can only limited to SP motors and Trinity motors. If you purchased your SCM unit like October last year and later should be able to use all motors. However, if your unit is purchased used, then it cannot be tell....see you can borrow a motor and give that a try.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
The original/early batch of the SCM dated like a year ago can only limited to SP motors and Trinity motors. If you purchased your SCM unit like October last year and later should be able to use all motors. However, if your unit is purchased used, then it cannot be tell....see you can borrow a motor and give that a try.
just checked my purchase order 10/25/10 looks like I'm good to go with any motor...

thank you ...
Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
The output voltage from the ESC is regulated to 5.75 or 6 depending on model. The voltage should not drop unless there is more then the 3As being drawn from the BEC at the given moment. Running a nice big capacitor on the RX'er end (also known as a glitch buster) will help the BEC keep a constant output voltage, for when the servo needs alot of power.

Rx'ers, dont have BEC's.
Isn't the bus bar in Rx's designed to allow power to come to the Rx through any servo port? I thought that was BEC circuitry... otherwise we would have two Rx leads on every esc, one for signal and one for power. That's what I was getting at, I know Rx's don't have a literal BEC, but they do have the bus bar to allow it to work. Not trying to be snotty, just clarifying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.