Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Some pics of what looks like earlier versions of the car http://www.buggy-sport.org/include.p...sub.php&cid=14
Old 01-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It looks like 80% of that car is a Losi 1.0/2.0, it looks like a mess but I can't wait to see what it looks like when they are done. It looks like Durango and Serpent are just going crazy to try and be somthing different and just making things alot more complicated. I can't wait for the new PURE buggy designed by the Red Bull F1 designer.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
PT at the back of the car isn't very smart if you ask me.
every new car design it keeps going further and further back. soon enough it will be mounted under the wing
Old 01-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
every new car design it keeps going further and further back. soon enough it will be mounted under the wing

Old 01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dreaux
i like the reinforced shock tower. driveline is contemporary, other then that, i really can't tell whats going on. Looks like it got hit with a shit missle
@ "shit missle"
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
Placement of the PT shouldn't be an issue since it's the PT that sends the signal and not the nose of your car ( as in full size drag racing) . The PT can be hanging 10ft off the back and you'll still have the same lap times.

This is becasue they have two loops. One at the start and one at the end. But our little transponders put out such little signal that you almost have to be right over the loop to registar a lap. Now with racing we all now it comes down to 100ths of a second some times. So it pays to have the transponder in the front as it will trip the lap sooner.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Her are more news http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=7508
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DNX408 Prototype-760112666_6hk5z-l.jpg  
Old 01-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Over the top looking quaility with a price that I'm sure will match. Can't wait to see it. Now the Kyosho MP9 will look like a bargin.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is it me, or does it look like they moved the fuel tank to the car's center-line in the new cad renders? If so, that means that their finalized design will differ significantly from the prototype pics we've seen.

I'm liking this new design, but I cringe at what she'll cost if every single aluminium part is anodized and engraved like that... It's like having an entire car made out of Fiorini option parts
Old 01-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

its some pics of it on neo buggy...looks different from that
Old 01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Guys,

The DEX410 should point you in the right direction. It is 1/10 4wd and is over the 600.00 mark for the US. Now in that price you get the best technique and the best quality I have ever seen in a car. The fit and finish is second to none. But all of this came at a price and that price is at a point were 90% of racers will not event think of buying it.

Now lets take it up a notch. I assure you what you will be seeing is the Rolls Royce of the RC Industry. Again this car will be top notch in quality and second to none. I have no inside information on this buggy but knowing what I know of the 2 DEX410 buggys I own it will be worth every penny. But again we must wait and see if the market will support such a Buggy. I can not wait to see it myself!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
Guys,

The DEX410 should point you in the right direction. It is 1/10 4wd and is over the 600.00 mark for the US. Now in that price you get the best technique and the best quality I have ever seen in a car. The fit and finish is second to none. But all of this came at a price and that price is at a point were 90% of racers will not event think of buying it.

Now lets take it up a notch. I assure you what you will be seeing is the Rolls Royce of the RC Industry. Again this car will be top notch in quality and second to none. I have no inside information on this buggy but knowing what I know of the 2 DEX410 buggys I own it will be worth every penny. But again we must wait and see if the market will support such a Buggy. I can not wait to see it myself!!!
The thing is, no one in their right mind would want to take a Rolls Royce dirt racin.' Good quality parts are important, but there are limits where that "high quality" will not make you faster, run longer, or get you better results, regardless of the price of the parts.

Thus far, it seems that XRAY are really the benchmark for high quality and durability, and even their buggy isn't outrageously expensive. If anything, we've seen Kyosho, the kings of the top-dollar nitro buggy, drop the bling version of the MP9 for the more realistically-priced SE, likely due to the economy not being all that great and also, realistically, the nitro buggy market is saturated.

Here's to hoping Durango can keep this car (far, FAR) under $750...
Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
This is becasue they have two loops. One at the start and one at the end. But our little transponders put out such little signal that you almost have to be right over the loop to registar a lap. Now with racing we all now it comes down to 100ths of a second some times. So it pays to have the transponder in the front as it will trip the lap sooner.
but in the event of a tie the guy with the pt furthest back in the car will be declared the winner.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

+1 looking pretty don't win races just beauty pagents lol.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by v6shooter
+1 looking pretty don't win races just beauty pagents lol.
Heh first with the Sperpent you declare that what's the worth bringing in just some standard design buggy and now when some one brings in something really different all you can say is that "pretty parts won't help you win races"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.