Wiki Posts
Search

Wich 1/8 Buggy????

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cannondale1974
I watched
thats all I wanted!! lol... but if you watched more closely, after the first lap/half. I pass them all back.

Some hostel comments by others, lol... I guess its tough to live under a bridge during the happy season!!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks Guys! but for now i can only decide for these 3, what would you buy???

Mike
Old 12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would go with the Losi
Old 12-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MetalShield
thats all I wanted!! lol... but if you watched more closely, after the first lap/half. I pass them all back.

Some hostel comments by others, lol... I guess its tough to live under a bridge during the happy season!!
WOW that video sold me on X-ray
Old 12-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Rookie

All the buggies mentioned are good. I would look at your local track and hobby stores for parts availability and make your choice from there. You don't want to go out for a day of play or racing and have something break and not have a good chance of getting the part locally. In the end it all comes down to the person behind the controls.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Those are 3 good choices. IMO 8ights take need a little more maintenance than most buggies but arent fragile. The RC8 is under-rated in the durability dept. mine has been rock solid. The Jammin is kinda a mix between the 2 IMO it gets loose like a 8ight but wont leave you stranded.

Someone brought up some good points about your tools and the parts support I would add to that driving style. 8ights tend to reward smooth driving and the RC8 and Jammin seem to be able to be driven harder. The Jammin I had was point and shoot you slide it through the corner and mash the gas. The 8ight was fastest when I felt like I was driving the slowest and the RC8 is kinda in between.

I've had 2 Jammins, 2 8gihts, and 2 RC8s plus many other biggies I had you didnt mention 808 SP2 XB8EC MBX5 just about everyone worth having I tried at some point. The RC8 is the best fit for me. Ive been running it longer than any chassis Ive run and I just ordered a 3rd so I can start next season with a fresh one.

Take a look at all 3 if he'll let you. Drive them if you can. The more time you spend with the cars the better off your decision will be.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MetalShield
Xray XB808 = watch how I pick apart a Losi and Kyosho there was a Mugen or two in the clip, but they were too far behind to see in the video!! LOL...

I recognize that track, is that GLORCS? Jed a locol fourm member from the lstfourms races at that track, and has tons of videos of it. Maybe you know him.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just love it when some guy asks about comparing 3 buggies that are his ONLY choices and straight away it is "buy a MBX6" or 808 or MP9 or whatever. Some people have budgets and restrictions.

Anyway, back to the q'n. As a long term RC'er but new to racing, I am bashing my RC8 into solid objects more than most people but can't seem to break it. Dunno how they are supposed to be fragile.... about the only fault that seems to be common is front upper arms. So what, spend $10 on a pair and chuck them in the tool box!!... they take 5min to change out.

As for big bores, if just starting out racing I see no point. Setup is much more important than the small percentage increase in damping effectiveness.
Do all the big bore advocates here think that they would not get a arse whippin by a pro driver using std shocks?
Big bores on a 808 / 8ight 2.0 / MBX6 / MP9 driven by a good racer ... and any pro with an RC8 with standard shocks would still beat them.
No point having big bores if you don't know what toe, camber, caster, droop, antisquat blah blah bah does
Big bores are for your second car after a couple of seasons racing.

IMveryHO
Old 12-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
LOSI
AGREED +1 (Mbx6s break like butter!)
Old 12-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

IMO there all great buggies theres no ONE buggy thats better than all other buggies, its all about the driver, for crying outloud a D3 won the worlds, and its a great buggy for about $300-$400. Myself I just bought a Losi 8ight for cheap at the Hobbyshop (no the 2.0) and i love it, And who said they was fragile, on thing i broke is a radio tray and bent a hinged pin, and i've ran about 10 gallons through it... My buggy can compete with the best of them...
Old 12-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Of those cars, I would say Jammin'. Strong, reliable, great car.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Of those cars, I would say Jammin'. Strong, reliable, great car.
Thanks, i think im going with that one..
Old 12-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
LOSI
Old 12-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

jammin

i love this car. as for durability and strength the jammin will win. but in over all handling the losi and rc8 will win but i would have to say i just came in 1st this saturday december 27th with my jammin x1cr and i was racing against losi, associated, gs and xray and my car was obviosly the fastest there but thats only because im a good driver and what im getting at is its the driver so pick the buggy you can get parts for easy and make sure you like that particular one and get a good setup on it and just drive the buggy the best you can and you will get better with time.

by the way if you choose the jammin pm me ill give you a setup that you can start with.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:08 PM
nib
Tech Apprentice

well in the vid the car looks fast but it kinda looks like a novice class with all those crashes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.