Wiki Posts
Search

$900 kyosho?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnny t
Other than where's my period.

Like when you buy a Ferrari you are paying for the privilege of funding thier Formula 1 team.
No, when you buy a Ferrari, you're paying for the engineering, the craftsmanship, the history, the exclusivity and the emotion.

When you can afford a Fazza, why buy a Ford?

Smokey
Old 08-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there is those who can, and those who wish they could....
Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hookem34
If one manufacturer get's away with this, who's to say the others will not follow. At the end of the day these companies are out to make the biggest profit they can (not always a bad thing) and if we allow manufacturer's to sell their product at 4-5 times what it costs to make it we, the customer, are in trouble!
The point is "we" dont let manufacturers "get away" with this. We, the collective, generally purchase the lowest cost option - ergo the success of the Slash! Some of us will seperate ourselves from the herd, and pay a little more for a product that we find more valuable. Others will denegrate that decision, but in the end it's your money, and you can spend it how you wish.

Smokey
Old 08-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DuckStang

And mtbkym01, just because you Australians are fools and pay whatever is asked for something, does not mean that us Americans will bend over and take it too. The whole world is laughing at us, huh??? Maybe we should have laughed at the rest of the world also, that way your pretty little Australian accent would not sound so good SPEAKING GERMAN.
Perhaps you should study a little yourself...Japan was the Enemy in the Pacific theatre of WW2, so you fail geographically. If you want to talk about war, then give us Europeans and Aussies a couple of years before you join the conversation - just like you did in WW1 and WW2.

Sorry to the sensible people on this forum, but idiots annoy me - we all have em, and unfortunately there are laws against shooting them.

Smokey

Last edited by Smokeyr67; 08-24-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: too much beer....
Old 08-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well goodness

Originally Posted by Smokeyr67
Perhaps you should study a little yourself...Japan was the Enemy in the Pacific theatre of WW2, so you fail geographically. If you want to talk about war, then give us Europeans and Aussies a couple of years before you join the conversation - just like you did in WW1 and WW2.

Sorry to the sensible people on this forum, but idiots annoy me - we all have em, and unfortunately there are laws against shooting them.

Smokey (SGT)
I'm pretty sure there are rules against talking like that on this forum too...

It's not that serious, let's all be nice to each other please.....
Old 08-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokeyr67

Smokey (SGT)
you mean, show up drop a couple of nukes (after the war was pretty much over) and get the glory.....darn the Yankees would never do that, would they?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ho yes, how can we forget about the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION...
Old 08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

darn the Yankees would never do that, would they?
You best hope we will....who's phone is the first to ring when you feel threatened...
Old 08-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Guys,
I wont retract my post, but please dont let this degenerate into an irrelevant shite fight, lets keep closer to the topic.

It comes down to the depth of your hobby fund and what you enjoy.

I like a nice tight build, and to experiment with different setups, recording every little change in my notebook. Other guys want to get out on the track and go hard lap after lap after lap, hose off their buggy , put it away and do it again next week.

I love expensive tools, I send my engines away to be ceramic coated - My wife prefers I spend my disposable coin on cars not coke and hookers...

I'm currently running an RC8Be, but when it gets too tired, I'm thinking XRay, or Durango, or Kyosho or...

Smokey
Old 08-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cordarrow
You best hope we will....who's phone is the first to ring when you feel threatened...
My Mum...she'd kick Supermans butt!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Are you winking at my Mum?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

luv a strong woman....
Old 08-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

luv a strong woman....
I'll pass on your number..hers is "bornin34@hornywidows.*&^.au

She always says "buy cheap and you'll buy twice" - a maxim I've subsequently found correct.

Smokey
Old 08-19-2010, 03:15 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Just to keep this trainwreck moving, when I look at an MP9, I just can't see anything on it that will give me a significant advantage over my competition. I can't see a single thing on it that sets it apart from the crowd. I don't see a single thing on it that warrants paying some $300 more than an MBX6, or an RC8 or an 8ight any other competition-level buggy.

At least with an Xray 808, they produce ALL the parts IN-HOUSE which is why the fit-n-finish is perfect and explains somewhat why they cost a little more than the other guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.