Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR legal truggy Caliber ever??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default ROAR legal truggy Caliber ever??

I know the VTR wheel is illigal in truggy by ROAR. Does anyone know if Proline intends to make some changes. I gotta have my Calibers for Truggy
Old 06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMS_Racing
I know the VTR wheel is illigal in truggy by ROAR. Does anyone know if Proline intends to make some changes. I gotta have my Calibers for Truggy
nope two choices. dont run in roar events. OR use a different tire.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well the only races I have seen them not allowed is the ROAR Nationals and the IFMAR Worlds. For any other race I wouldn't even worry about it.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
Well the only races I have seen them not allowed is the ROAR Nationals and the IFMAR Worlds. For any other race I wouldn't even worry about it.
+1

And apparently some guys are mounting them on an LPR style wheel. Not sure how they're doing that, but apparently they are.

It's not the tire that is illegal, but the VTR wheel.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

assuming the was a such thing as the Truggy Worlds...
Old 06-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
assuming the was a such thing as the Truggy Worlds...
Oops

Hey, we need one though!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Oops

Hey, we need one though!
True that! It's about time we have a truggy Worlds. They're certainly popular and competitive enough to have one. Lets go IFMAR!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Yeah our Florida State Series has outlawed them (might have something to do with the JConcepts sponsorship). Guys here mount em up with a buggy foam first then the truck foam to run them on LRP wheels. Makes em to pointy though.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GMS_Racing
Yeah our Florida State Series has outlawed them (might have something to do with the JConcepts sponsorship). Guys here mount em up with a buggy foam first then the truck foam to run them on LRP wheels. Makes em to pointy though.
AWW good old Florida State Series...lol
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

sorry for being stuipd but why are the wheels illegal
Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
+1

And apparently some guys are mounting them on an LPR style wheel. Not sure how they're doing that, but apparently they are.

It's not the tire that is illegal, but the VTR wheel.
i heard the but them and take a line out, if that makes since

but do not quote me on this, just what i heard from a couple of people
Old 06-29-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fattyalan
sorry for being stuipd but why are the wheels illegal
The rim is taller than allowed by roar/ifmar rules. At our track they let us run them so i do.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

they are illegal because there is a debate on what the actual "mounting bead" is. Is it the part where you actually put glue or is it the ridge that fits in the grooved wheels?? long story short it comes down to non of the other manufacturers want to change their molds so they banned them.

just mount VTR tires on LPR wheels. works fine
Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

The tires do not meet the ROAR rules, so unless if ROAR changes the rules for one manufacturer's mistake or not understanding the rules clearly, they will not be ROAR legal. If they do become ROAR legal, then this puts all of the other tire manufacturer's at a disadvantage and a very expensive bill to update their product line which is not the correct thing to do for one manufacturer's mistake. PL is a great company and they make a lot of good products but making others pay for another's mistake is not the correct thing to do.

I understand the rules fine, the mounting bead on truggy wheels is the same 'style' as 1/10 truck or 1/10 buggy with a bead diameter and max wheel diameter(wheel flange OD). Everyone that makes 1/10 truck or 1/10 buggy tires does not have this problem with illegal sized wheels or tire bead diameters. There should not be any debate and on this subject. I think ROAR gets a lot of crap from people thinking ROAR is picking on PL and singling them out when ROAR has not done anything like that. So the race or tracks you race at, depending on the event and how closely they follow the rules will decide if the tires are allowed at that event or not. At a club race I don't see anyone turning away someone b/c they use these tires. At a larger event where there is more scrutinizing going on, they odds are the tires will not be allowed at the event.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by punkracer24
they are illegal because there is a debate on what the actual "mounting bead" is. Is it the part where you actually put glue or is it the ridge that fits in the grooved wheels?? long story short it comes down to non of the other manufacturers want to change their molds so they banned them.

just mount VTR tires on LPR wheels. works fine

They are illegal because they are too big period, I cant stand roar, but that rule has been in the books and proline went on a limb to go against the rule. I honestly dont see why other tracks are banning them. Hell they are a big seller for proline. its only one race that some of use will miss and thats Nats. If you dont plan on attending Nats, then you should not worry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.