Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Today I got my R1 8.4v fan in and wow this thing is tall! I will need to cut the body for it to fit. What's everyones thought on making a vent hole for the fan to pull air from right above it? I run on a hard packed dusty to wet (at night) track and sometimes indoor clay. Just figured that it would help pull fresh air in to the motor.

I did test it out on the stock waterfall where there are vents and this little fan pushes some major air! You can feel it blowing out the back so I know this thing will cool my current temps down big time.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looking at the highest AE qualifier at the EOS a couple weeks back, it was reported that he was running a Lite kit with the 3 gear, but if my eyes don't deceive me, he's also running the Schelle 3mm top shaft and motor plate spacer? Anyone else run this set up on carpet, or clay for that matter? I have been running a 4 gear all summer on clay which was good for me, but moving indoors to carpet and Astro I was wondering what others have tried. I plan to run a 3 gear this winter.

http://eos.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...09/nic_CF6.jpg
Old 09-27-2015, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

im running on indoor dirt med bite and it seems like most there are running the 3 gear and doing very well with it.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not just the 3 gear, but the 3 gear with the 3mm motor plate spacer set up.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Not just the 3 gear, but the 3 gear with the 3mm motor plate spacer set up.
how do these changes that u said make such a big difference? what effects do these things have on the car? im just curious on all this. thank you much
Old 09-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I'm a firm believer that the Lite kit doesn't actually need anything. Nobody spends more on their stuff than me and I'm telling you the car out of the box is perfect. I'm willing to bet a new kit that if I took the electronics out of one of my cars and put them in a box stock Lite and used the same tires my lap times would be the same. The only couple of things that I would upgrade are the shock O-rings and the the thrust bearing....and I like using a slipper eliminator although I'm not sure any of those things would add so much as a tenth to my lap times, they just reduce maintenance a little. Ceramic bearings, ti screws, motor centering kits etc etc are improvements but aren't value added. If the money isn't important to you than do what you want but the Lite comes upgraded enough that if you set it up right its ready for any top guy to win any race. Cavs cars don't have much on them. Most people are better served by learning how to properly set up their cars, maintain their cars, and even learn how to properly glue up tires. I'm sorry to be the bearer or bad news but the best mod is practice.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I'm a firm believer that the Lite kit doesn't actually need anything. Nobody spends more on their stuff than me and I'm telling you the car out of the box is perfect. I'm willing to bet a new kit that if I took the electronics out of one of my cars and put them in a box stock Lite and used the same tires my lap times would be the same. The only couple of things that I would upgrade are the shock O-rings and the the thrust bearing....and I like using a slipper eliminator although I'm not sure any of those things would add so much as a tenth to my lap times, they just reduce maintenance a little. Ceramic bearings, ti screws, motor centering kits etc etc are improvements but aren't value added. If the money isn't important to you than do what you want but the Lite comes upgraded enough that if you set it up right its ready for any top guy to win any race. Cavs cars don't have much on them. Most people are better served by learning how to properly set up their cars, maintain their cars, and even learn how to properly glue up tires. I'm sorry to be the bearer or bad news but the best mod is practice.
You sir must remove yourself from the internet immediately as logic and truth are not allowed. Seriously though your last few sentences should be read repeatedly by everyone here as there is so much truth in them it isn't funny
Old 09-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Alright who let the truth speaker in?

You are very correct on this big time. I have the lite kit and I took it out box stock besides doing 1* camber all around and 30wt rear and 32.5wt front. It does amazing at the track and hooked really well. Only thing I have really been doing to it is a slipper eliminator, remove the rubber seal on the bearings, and order a waterfall for a fan. Other than that I have been trying different tires at my track to se what works. I finally found some tires that hook really good and now I am just fine tuning to my liking.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

I spend an unlimited amount of money on my stuff and I can tell you that my lap times are the same with a $800 roller with all the best stuff as they are with a virtually out of the box Lite with a cheap speedo, ok servo, and old motor. On that note, the best buy in RC is the Hobbywing Justock speedo (if you're running stock). They are smooth, simple, and throw away cheap @ $50.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

On that note, the best buy in RC is the Hobbywing Justock speedo (if you're running stock). They are smooth, simple, and throw away cheap @ $50.
+1,000,000,000
For 17.5 there is absolutely no need for anything else. To get a $180-$200 speedo for running 17.5 is just throwing money away!
Old 09-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

I have the tekin RSX and I am running 17.5. I went with it just in case I want to run mod later on. Yes it's overkill but I just planned ahead incase I wanted to run mod.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I'm coming back to mod racing..... TLR guy.... I'm seriously considering the car for these reasons. Haven't had the balls to pull the trigger yet haha !!
Old 09-27-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Is it worth getting the Reedy m3 short stock over the regular one?
Old 09-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jason Pelletier
I'm coming back to mod racing..... TLR guy.... I'm seriously considering the car for these reasons. Haven't had the balls to pull the trigger yet haha !!
If both cars are set up well there's not a world of difference but I like the B5M better. I think its marginally better on the track but the biggest difference is in the design and quality. The B5M was designed as a mid motor car and working on it is a pleasure. The only single thing that can be a pain is running the 2 long screws through the bottom of the chassis into the rear shock tower. For me its only a pain because I run TBone skid plates. Anywho, I have a general distaste for all TLR stuff. My early 22s had such poor quality parts as did my SCTEs. There's no reason not to like the B5M Lite. Its the best deal on a car out there and is good stock or mod.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

If both cars are set up well there's not a world of difference but I like the B5M better. I think its marginally better on the track but the biggest difference is in the design and quality. The B5M was designed as a mid motor car and working on it is a pleasure. The only single thing that can be a pain is running the 2 long screws through the bottom of the chassis into the rear shock tower. For me its only a pain because I run TBone skid plates. Anywho, I have a general distaste for all TLR stuff. My early 22s had such poor quality parts as did my SCTEs. There's no reason not to like the B5M Lite. Its the best deal on a car out there and is good stock or mod.
Perfect explanation! Only lost cars I have are the ten-t nitro and the mini 8ight-t. Both are beasts and haven't had issues but I still think the build quality of the associated is a bit better. Everything just fits perfectly how it should. With my lost cars I have had to sand the arms where the hinge pins go because they were so tightly squeezed between the suspension mounts.

Never ran the 22 but have heard a lot of guys switching to A.E because of quality and they just work out of the box with very minor tweaks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.