Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Since we're all talking about how to tune, here is a great link that I always keep saved. Has "in depth" reading as well as a quick guide.

Full http://users.telenet.be/elvo/

Quick Guide http://users.telenet.be/elvo/15/1.html
Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (92%+)

LOL

"If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M"

Cherry you could be right...
Old 03-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

I'm running factory setup with soft aka 4 rib fronts and super soft jc handlebar v2 rears, aka red foam all around and I don't have any twitch or push. I know a lot of guys like to run the front tires with tread but I find that any time I do, I push a lot in the corner.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone know where a mm is for sale ?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Are you under dampened? This would cause the car to pitch a lot and turn in hard, then when you apply throttle on exit it would shift the weight back and make you push. Those 55 pistons with those oils, seem like they would make the car really soft in the corners. Have you tried going back to the 2 hole 1.6's?
I have these pistons from day 1. Buddies at the track are running this shock set up.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
I went to 3mm trailing, and 1 mm under the inner fron ball stud. Also running a shorty all the way forward with pink kyosho springs. Everything else is kit setup. Worked awesome.
Shorty all the way forward? Wow. You must be running on some high bite stuff if you don't need any weight in the rear?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jcozz
What are some ways to take twitchy feel away without loosing steering. Turns in real hard and then pushes wide. Running shorty with 28 grams up by the servo. Losi 55 pistons. Stock springs. 27.5/32.5. No ball stud washers on the rear/steering rack. 2mm on front tower. Battery in front. Haven't touched much else.
My initial recommendations are check your toe in the front. Toe out with often times make the front feel twitchy. I like to set it close to zero erring more towards a touch of toe in. Try lowering the roll center by adding 1 or 2mm shims under the ball studs on the camber block in front. This should calm down initial turn in and give you better mid corner traction. These are generalizations. More info would be required to really help dial it in...
Hard turn in - is that initially or mid-turn off power? Is the push only when you apply power? Does the car feel twitchy in the front when not in the turns? What kind of surface/traction are you running on? Are the turns at the track smooth or bumpy? What position are you running on the front trailing axles? How much camber and toe are you running? Is that oil weight 27.5 in front or rear? What limiters are you running in the shocks? How tight/loose is your diff? How much toe/anti-squat are you running?
There are so many variables that must be considered. Lately in my testing I have found that changes in the rear of the car make as much difference in the front as in the back. Finding that balance can be tricky.

Last edited by Naters; 03-18-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Shorty all the way forward? Wow. You must be running on some high bite stuff if you don't need any weight in the rear?
I am running a lp servo.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can anyone point me to where a front shock tower would be in stock at?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What are some ways to take twitchy feel away without loosing steering. Turns in real hard and then pushes wide. Running shorty with 28 grams up by the servo. Losi 55 pistons. Stock springs. 27.5/32.5. No ball stud washers on the rear/steering rack. 2mm on front tower. Battery in front. Haven't touched much else.
I am not familiar with Losi 55 pistons, but check your oil. Are you saying 27.5 front 32.5 rear? if so I would swap those weights around at least. It seems to me that people are running thicker oil in the B5 compared to the 4.2. I used to run 30 front 27.5 rear, now my B5 likes 35/32.5. If you meant 32.5 front, 27.5 rear, I would try increasing the weight in the rear.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
I am not familiar with Losi 55 pistons, but check your oil. Are you saying 27.5 front 32.5 rear? if so I would swap those weights around at least. It seems to me that people are running thicker oil in the B5 compared to the 4.2. I used to run 30 front 27.5 rear, now my B5 likes 35/32.5. If you meant 32.5 front, 27.5 rear, I would try increasing the weight in the rear.
Ya always thicker oil up front. It was even worse with the 35/32.5.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Naters
My initial recommendations are check your toe in the front. Toe out with often times make the front feel twitchy. I like to set it close to zero erring more towards a touch of toe in. Try lowering the roll center by adding 1 or 2mm shims under the ball studs on the camber block in front. This should calm down initial turn in and give you better mid corner traction. These are generalizations. More info would be required to really help dial it in...
Hard turn in - is that initially or mid-turn off power? Is the push only when you apply power? Does the car feel twitchy in the front when not in the turns? What kind of surface/traction are you running on? Are the turns at the track smooth or bumpy? What position are you running on the front trailing axles? How much camber and toe are you running? Is that oil weight 27.5 in front or rear? What limiters are you running in the shocks? How tight/loose is your diff? How much toe/anti-squat are you running?
There are so many variables that must be considered. Lately in my testing I have found that changes in the rear of the car make as much difference in the front as in the back. Finding that balance can be tricky.
The hard turn is Initial. When I apply power and try to be "fast" through the corner it just pushes wide. It may just me trying to drive it like a mid motor cause that's all I've been running as of late. I'm running a fairly smooth high bite clay track. Corners are smooth. 3mm trailing. -1 camber all around with no toe. 27.5 rear 32.5 front. Medium set diff. 2.5+2 toe block. 23mm ride height front and rear. B4.2 jcon wing with wing mount flipped so it's at a angle with screw hole in rear. Same tires as everyone else with success. White spring rear green spring front. 17.5 reedy 33/72. All stock locations on ball studs. Think that's enough info lol thanks for the help.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

The hard turn is Initial. When I apply power and try to be "fast" through the corner it just pushes wide. It may just me trying to drive it like a mid motor cause that's all I've been running as of late. I'm running a fairly smooth high bite clay track. Corners are smooth. 3mm trailing. -1 camber all around with no toe. 27.5 rear 32.5 front. Medium set diff. 2.5+2 toe block. 23mm ride height front and rear. B4.2 jcon wing with wing mount flipped so it's at a angle with screw hole in rear. Same tires as everyone else with success. White spring rear green spring front. 17.5 reedy 33/72. All stock locations on ball studs. Think that's enough info lol thanks for the help.
A few things to try. 2mm trailing , 21g of weight in front of servo , black springs up front and I run 4mm of limiters in front and 2 in rear.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Just saw this popup in my RC news feed a bit ago.

They laid down the rear shocks at the top instead of bottom like I tried. Also from this setup, white AE springs all around seem to be a popular combo. Some even going stiffer up front (AE gray). Seems everyone is going to 1.6 rear pistons right away. Inner rear ballstud washers seem to be popular at 0 or 1mm. 35 front oil seems to be popular as well, and 30 out back. Seems most everyone on any med to high bite tracks having success is running the exact same front end setup, although 3-hole 1.4mm pistons up front seem to be around.
I saw that setup but Im not running that reedy sq pack. I would think running a shorty I would need a slightly different setup
Old 03-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.neobuggy.net/wp-content/u...M_AT4_8987.jpg

Maifields setup sheet is no where near the setup sheet he posted. Check it out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.