Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:50 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
My only experiance with the Losi 17.5 is about 3 runs then it burned up my speedo as the motor toasted. I just got into brushless and my buddy gave me a brand new Losi 17.5 and Speed Passion speedo. Gave me a gearing to start with. Ran the car and the temp was only 140 degrees. Ran another practice and 140. Ran my 1st heat and 140 degrees. Run my 2nd heat and 30 seconds from the end of the race the car slows and stops. Motor 220 and wiped out the speedo.

If you didn't already try it I would try another 17.5 and see if it still is having problems.
Wyd,
I just got off the phone with Bernie at Castle Creations, I hope they don't treat all of there customers the way I was treated. I explained the symptoms I was having with the ESC, he made blame on every thing ( including me ) in the car, servo, rec, batt. ect.
As I was typing this a friend from Chicago called me. This weekend was his first time out with his Pro, he is having the same symptoms as me. He "said"' If he hits a board pretty hard and the car rolls back the ESC will cut off, after a second or two the ESC works fine. He was testing 1/12th 1 cell 13.5, and yes he is using a receiver pack, fully charged.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CillieAcc0rd5o4
What card for what ESC ?
Look on page 16 of this thread.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs up Mine does the same thing!

My Mamba does the same thing. If I hit anything more than a tap it will shut off for about second or two then work fine again. Doesn't really effect my racing much - already lost too much time hitting the board!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:36 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tickle
My Mamba does the same thing. If I hit anything more than a tap it will shut off for about second or two then work fine again. Doesn't really effect my racing much - already lost too much time hitting the board!
Tickle,

Call Castle Creation @ 913-390-6939 and talk to Bernie. I spoke with him this morning about the same thing. Castle is about 15 minutes from my house, I have a feeling I will be paying them a visit.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Ira
Old 12-21-2009, 12:46 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

To all the racers that are having this problem, please call Castle and let them know. 913-390-6939

Castle dose not seem to know about the ESC shutting down.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I haven't had any problems with mine shutting down.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fred_B
I haven't had any problems with mine shutting down.
There are a few people with this. I'm not bashing the MAMBA MAX PRO, I'm very happy with the ESC. The adjustments are great and the rip is great, arguably on of the better ESC out there. A few of us are have this problem, with mass manufacturing things happen.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tickle
Interesting, this is a symptom of the old skool sensorless BL systems. The car rolls backwards, the speedie looses track of the rotor and it has to reset itself. It was bad when running 1 ways, as it was very easy to spin and do a roll back.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ira
Tickle,

Call Castle Creation @ 913-390-6939 and talk to Bernie. I spoke with him this morning about the same thing. Castle is about 15 minutes from my house, I have a feeling I will be paying them a visit.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Ira
I did and they blamed the servo. I changed the servo and it was better, but still a stutter here and there. The final straw was the second one I had in my Slash started cutting in and out bad. I put a receiver pack on it and it was fine. Sure, the servo may be getting tired, but other speedos I have tolerate it. The "we've never heard about that problem" is BS.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I too recognized this same problem with mine one day. It does not kill power to the speedo, it just kills the throttle feature for a second. My guess is that since the motor rotation is going backwards, the sensored portion of the speed control gets confused and doesn't know what to do until the motor is stopped.
You do not have to hit a board to make this happen either. I was driving mine on a dusty road. The car spun and rolled backwards. That is when I lost my throttle.
I have not tested this yet, but maybe running a receiver pack would help.
I had a problem with the throttle cutting out when using a high torque servo during hard cornering. I was able to reproduce this with other racers cars as well. The receiver pack fixed that problem, maybe it will fix this one as well.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:19 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

jamie-ur 12 scale or paved oval stuff (1s) or somethin else (2s)?

R
Old 12-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
jamie-ur 12 scale or paved oval stuff (1s) or somethin else (2s)?

R
12th and pan car oval is all 1c. When I ran into this problem, I was running 2cell on dirtoval.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:35 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

One of the people I know that has this happen to him is racing 1/12th 1 cell, he is using a receiver pack and still having this problem.

I'm racing 1/10 th Sedan with a 17.5 2 cell , why should I have to add/try a receiver pack ? to solve a software / hardware problem the manufacturer should be responsible for ?
Old 12-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ira
One of the people I know that has this happen to him is racing 1/12th 1 cell, he is using a receiver pack and still having this problem.

I'm racing 1/10 th Sedan with a 17.5 2 cell , why should I have to add/try a receiver pack ? to solve a software / hardware problem the manufacturer should be responsible for ?

Time to just sell that Speedo and buy a real Speedo... Everyone I know who bought a CC speedo was not satisfied with the performance/ consistency...
This was a few years back and I guess nothing has changed.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ira

Are you running a DSM or a DSM2 receiver? A buddy of mine seems to have narrowed it down to where the problem is just happening with DSM (non DSM2) receivers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.