Wiki Posts
Search

changing fuel line on losi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default changing fuel line on losi?

ok so yes this is a rookie question hut how do you change the line that goes inside the tank?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

cut the line at either the inside before the clunk or the outside in front of the tank and pull it out. Then just thread a new piece of fuel line from the front side. (it helps to twist when you feed into the tank) when you get enough inside to grab it pull a bunch through and out of the lid. then install the clunk and pull the excess line back out from the front side. you want the clunk to sit right in the small recess in the very back of the tank
Old 10-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP
cut the line at either the inside before the clunk or the outside in front of the tank and pull it out. Then just thread a new piece of fuel line from the front side. (it helps to twist when you feed into the tank) when you get enough inside to grab it pull a bunch through and out of the lid. then install the clunk and pull the excess line back out from the front side. you want the clunk to sit right in the small recess in the very back of the tank
+1 couldnt have been explained any better!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

once you get the line from the top add clunker place back-in should be in the corner then turn up side down side ways etc simulate a crash make sure it doesn't get hung up on the wall if it does just pull some line out.

Put some spit on the fuel line before entering the hole
Old 10-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Be careful not to pull the fuel lid back too far it will make the springs weak. I use a hex wrench across the tank to keep it open while I work on it. Also you can taper the edge of the fuel line to help get it started when you push it through and then cut it off before you put the clunk on.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

I also like to wet the end of the new tubing with some fuel.I find it helps the new tubing slide into the hole in the tank much easier.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by delane74
ok so yes this is a rookie question hut how do you change the line that goes inside the tank?
All good tips. Also make sure that the fuel tube you use is adequately flexible, to allow the clunk to 'hang' back onto the roof of the tank when the car is upside down. I've noticed the original Losi tubing is very soft and flexible, compared to some of the aftermarket fuel tube available. I've seen someone change it out and then they had trouble with flaming whilst upside down, because the clunk wasn't remaining in the fuel.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I like to use kyosho line. It fits through the tank well and grips the clunk and inlet to the carb very tightly. Just my personal fav.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That's the other thing. Be sure you use tubing with the same OD as the Losi tubing. Some tubing is a little smaller and will be too lose when you run it through the tank.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Be careful not to pull the fuel lid back too far it will make the springs weak. I use a hex wrench across the tank to keep it open while I work on it. Also you can taper the edge of the fuel line to help get it started when you push it through and then cut it off before you put the clunk on.
I usually just take the lid off for this reason. I've been using Du-Bro "Nitro Line" with good success.

I find some good old spit works good for helping the line into the tank.