Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bhodi11
Where can I get a copy? I am having a terrible on power under steer issue on large high speed corners. Need to try something different. Thanks.
http://www.serpent.com/product/600040/setups/
Old 07-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Joseph16
The 2.0 conversion from the buggy is wider, wich give you more stability.
I dont know if you guys have notice that the cobra is narrower in the rear,
So people are sacrificing corner speed for stability.
Corner speed is actually faster with stock set up ( narrower rear)

The version 2 rear with hubs and axles is way wider
With 1 mm hubs its almost 6 mm wider. My car was total 314 mm wide with conversion using sweeps

The cobra which like almost all electric rubber cars has a wider front width than the rear. This gives great corner speed
Stock arms hubs axles was 308. mm with sweeps In rear

If you need more rear stability you can narrow the front end (-1 hubs )
Also you can try +2 or + 3 mm rear hubs Also Desoto has lower roll center. Locks for rear which can plant rear without making wider.

The wider rear you can drive in harder but it doesn't exit as well IMO
Old 07-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Phil Trotta
Corner speed is actually faster with stock set up ( narrower rear)

The version 2 rear with hubs and axles is way wider
With 1 mm hubs its almost 6 mm wider. My car was total 314 mm wide with conversion using sweeps

The cobra which like almost all electric rubber cars has a wider front width than the rear. This gives great corner speed
Stock arms hubs axles was 308. mm with sweeps In rear

If you need more rear stability you can narrow the front end (-1 hubs )
Also you can try +2 or + 3 mm rear hubs Also Desoto has lower roll center. Locks for rear which can plant rear without making wider.

The wider rear you can drive in harder but it doesn't exit as well IMO
+100
Old 07-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Joseph16
+100
So joseph does it follow if you want more corner speed, +2 in front and -2 at the rear are better than the stock ones?
Old 07-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Rookie

What ride height are you guys running? If I follow the setup sheet its more or less 15mm. Isn't that way too high? Heard some are running 9mm?
Old 07-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Salug
What ride height are you guys running? If I follow the setup sheet its more or less 15mm. Isn't that way too high? Heard some are running 9mm?
I was running 7 front 8 rear. But my home tracks are bumpy
AlsO I was running a soft setup with a lot Of roll....

Desoto jr runs a much harder setup less roll with car slammed at around 5 mm according to Desoto sr. That was the tq at Byron's and winner
Old 07-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

So joseph does it follow if you want more corner speed, +2 in front and -2 at the rear are better than the stock ones?
That might be extreme
Old 07-13-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply Phil. One more question regarding your setup. "Soft setup with a lot of roll" is it like 800 cst oil with 1.3 piston front and rear? Im using this setup with yellow springs in front and white in the rear. Is this considered soft? By the way our track here is really bumpy too.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That will be to much...

Im using 9mm front and 10mm rear.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply Phil. One more question regarding your setup. "Soft setup with a lot of roll" is it like 800 cst oil with 1.3 piston front and rear? Im using this setup with yellow springs in front and white in the rear. Is this considered soft? By the way our track here is really bumpy too.

I ran the stock pistons with 1000 cst front / rear. Ended up going to white fronts yellow rears

The harder you go with spring you'll take roll out and add response but it also depends on what your tires can handle and track temps

Roll centers also determine chassis roll

You seem to be on the soft side in dampening for the cars weight

Is it pushing?
Old 07-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On the setup sheets I see something listed as Other: 2 listed right above oil weight and just below spring selection. Does anyone know what that means?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Phil Trotta
I ran the stock pistons with 1000 cst front / rear. Ended up going to white fronts yellow rears

The harder you go with spring you'll take roll out and add response but it also depends on what your tires can handle and track temps

Roll centers also determine chassis roll

You seem to be on the soft side in dampening for the cars weight

Is it pushing?
Phil, pushing just a little bit in entry but very manageable. My problem is in the exit. It has a tendency to fishtail. Is it because of the front kickup? or the car's caster? It just has too much steering when exiting. Tried a harder front diff (300K ) but unfortunately its still there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Phil, pushing just a little bit in entry but very manageable. My problem is in the exit. It has a tendency to fishtail. Is it because of the front kickup? or the car's caster? It just has too much steering when exiting. Tried a harder front diff (300K ) but unfortunately its still there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure your front wheels are pointing straight and lift up the rear end from the center then SLOWLY drop it down and see if both rear wheels are touching the setup board (must be a flat surface) simultaniously, if not make adjustments. Also you might want to add little more droop in the front to allow little more weight to transfer from the front to the rear.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks bassman2 for the reply but my front droop is set all the way loose already. and my rear droop is 10. and yes both of the rear wheels go down simultaneously. This is really frustrating.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks bassman2 for the reply but my front droop is set all the way loose already. and my rear droop is 10. and yes both of the rear wheels go down simultaneously. This is really frustrating.
Hey ....

I think you need to go the opposite. (Sorry to be contradictory ....)
You need to reduce the amount of droop at the front.
First make sure they are equal side-to-side then take the droop away in increments
You may not see a difference for a while but eventually you will. Keep reducing the droop.

You may also try putting a stronger ARB at the front but it sounds as though you maybe too soft also in damping or springing.

But try the droop first and nothing else.....

Good luck

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.