Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Ride Height

Originally posted by mb racer
ride height cant say cuz i dont drive a pro-4 in front on rocks.. but the diffrent collar settings can be due to a tweak chassis , shock shafts not being the same length and even low oil in the shocks ... id chk that out and maybe run your ride height at 7 front and 7 rear ... wow!! your street must be pretty bumpy and full of rocks..

I know for sure the shafts are the same height, built the kit using some digital calipers. I guess it could be the oil inside. there may be some bubbles in there. I also made sure i tightened each screw in an X pattern. Gotta make sure I get to some races here in the Bay Area. Just gotta find out where . There's bound to be plenty of advice there
Old 03-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default SPEEDWORLD HAS PARTS

Just got word that Speedworld got a box load of spare parts...
for contact info please visit:

http://www.speedworldraceway.com/

but no toe blocks yet...
Old 03-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Cool
Old 03-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: SPEEDWORLD HAS PARTS

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Just got word that Speedworld got a box load of spare parts...
for contact info please visit:

http://www.speedworldraceway.com/

but no toe blocks yet...
Yes, they have a ton of parts in stock. They got a box on Tuesday and another box today. Diffs are in todays shipment. Also free shipping on ground orders over 50 dollars and free 3 day shipping on orders over 150 dollars.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what size the stock sway bars that are included in the kit are?
Old 03-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by coastaltony
Can someone tell me what size the stock sway bars that are included in the kit are?
1.6mm is stock...
optional are 1.4 and 1.2mm..
Old 03-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tweak!!

Hey guys,

I cannot guarantee a time when they will be ready-nor that it will be sold under the DN RC name-but a Pro4 CHassis is in the works because I have heard of a problem with tweaking the chassis to the point that it becomes undriveable. This occurs from a hit on a board or from driving in high bite conditions.

Of course after the race you can loosen the screws in the car and it will lay flat again-but that doesnt do you any good while the cars on the track.

Just wanted to let everyone know in advance to look out for a tweak fix soon.

Ray
Old 03-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Derek Manchester is the man! cant wait to see him put the smack down on chuck at lazer with the new Pro 4
Old 03-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hey gang, just wanted to let you know that we got the Pro 4 parts page up on the website now.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 03-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

TSR6, RobK(local guys)....and other racers running the Pro4...

Just wondering what parts you have noticed are breaking during crashes...is it mostly arms, diff gears, hinge pins?

my tc3 really only breaks arms, bends pins, and once in the blue....a steering rack. the Pro4 looks like a great car i'm just concerned i won't have enough spares to run it. i see tamiya guys sitting out all the time when they are missing one little $5-$10 part.

Still debating which new car to run in the near future...thanks in advance for any tips.

The new Pro4 specific pages do look nice.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
I have to hand it to our web guys, they've outdone themselves:

Pro 4 Pages

Also, for those in need, we've got 2.0mm and 3.0mm main chassis plates in the pipeline. Also, we'll have a 2.5mm upper deck. I have no idea on the timing, but they are on the way.

-E
sweet! i agree this page is one of the best i've seen out there. hopefully we can get a "how to" section found similar to the HPI Japan's "R&D Cafe" and "Team HPI works cafe"

Erik Shauver, will there be a 3mm chassis with 3D milling?
Old 03-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Pro 4 Pages

Also, for those in need, we've got 2.0mm and 3.0mm main chassis plates in the pipeline. Also, we'll have a 2.5mm upper deck. I have no idea on the timing, but they are on the way.

-E
Cool deal!! Stiffen and thicken up the CF and the tweak will be gone!!

If your the one who designed it-I have talked to some amateur to proffesional drivers who have driven it and they cannot stop praising the handling and build quality. The only things I have heard is why a one-way in the USA and tweak.

KIller car-cannot wait to buy one next month!!

Ray
Old 03-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Pro 4 Pages

-E
I take back all the bad things I have said about you!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:48 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Nexus
TSR6, RobK(local guys)....and other racers running the Pro4...

Just wondering what parts you have noticed are breaking during crashes...is it mostly arms, diff gears, hinge pins?

my tc3 really only breaks arms, bends pins, and once in the blue....a steering rack. the Pro4 looks like a great car i'm just concerned i won't have enough spares to run it. i see tamiya guys sitting out all the time when they are missing one little $5-$10 part.

Still debating which new car to run in the near future...thanks in advance for any tips.

The new Pro4 specific pages do look nice.
The only thing I have broken was a diff gear. I'm positive I took a tooth off it on a hard on power hit, then the gear finally came apart that weekend after being previously damaged. I'm really not to worried about the gears in the future. The arms, hinge pins, and everything else is pretty beefy.

Scotty is carrying a full line of parts for it now. Most of it came in last tuesday

Ray - Where is this tweak you speak of? I haven't touched the upper deck in a while now, and I still don't have this "tweak" you speak of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.