Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default how to make a trade

Looking to make a trade and im wondering how you all do trades
thanks
Old 09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Usually the trader with the lowest rating ships first and the other doesn't ship until the stuff has arrived and been checked.

It doesn't do any good to get pics since they can send something different than what is pictured (happened to me). Confirmation numbers only mean something is on the way (could be a box of rocks).
Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gkn0315
thanks
Usually if you the person who offers the trade item, you ship your item first unless the person who you are shipping to has almost zero to no feedback. If someone offers you an item, they ship first. When you get it, you inspect it. If it's up to par, you ship your item and always send tracking, let the person know when the item has been shipped and when they should expect to get it. I've done it a few times with no problems.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
Usually the trader with the lowest rating ships first and the other doesn't ship until the stuff has arrived and been checked.

It doesn't do any good to get pics since they can send something different than what is pictured (happened to me). Confirmation numbers only mean something is on the way (could be a box of rocks).
1+
Old 09-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Swap phone numbers and talk to the person. If you think anything other than this is going to work out well dont do the deal.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw

Originally Posted by rock3ralex
Usually if you the person who offers the trade item, you ship your item first unless the person who you are shipping to has almost zero to no feedback. If someone offers you an item, they ship first. When you get it, you inspect it. If it's up to par, you ship your item and always send tracking, let the person know when the item has been shipped and when they should expect to get it. I've done it a few times with no problems.

+10000

My big thing is i always let the other person know where im at every step of the trade or sale... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS Put a signature comfromation number AND insurance on the package!!!! That way if a room mate signs for it and sells it you have proof of who signed for it!!!! (ask me how i know)...another big thing is offer your phone number and dont be scared to call and talk about the good and bad things about the items. Lastly always agree how you both will be shipping and how quick it should be there.....dont say "im going to ship it 2 day shipping" and then find out its going to cost double what you thought, so you ship it 7 day snail mail.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Communication is the key to a successful trade
Old 09-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

my last 2 trades were a little rough in the shipping department (usps fail)

but we had traded phone numbers and texted/called until the trade was FINALY complete..

one trade that i did, something else was broke on the truck (i guess i didnt realize it) and went ahead and bought the part and shipped it to him!

Phone numbers/contact is always helpful .
Old 09-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gkn0315
thanks
WHAT HAPPEN DID YOU GET BURNED LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT GOOD FEEDBACK

I always Talk to person online and who ever has lowest feedback ship first
Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrherald420
+10000

My big thing is i always let the other person know where im at every step of the trade or sale... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS Put a signature comfromation number AND insurance on the package!!!! That way if a room mate signs for it and sells it you have proof of who signed for it!!!! (ask me how i know)...another big thing is offer your phone number and dont be scared to call and talk about the good and bad things about the items. Lastly always agree how you both will be shipping and how quick it should be there.....dont say "im going to ship it 2 day shipping" and then find out its going to cost double what you thought, so you ship it 7 day snail mail.
Ive got a trade working with him right now and i think everything will be great he sent me pics of the car boxed up and ready to go. Ive been lucky on trades and i will offer any info the trader needs because i hate scammers and i like doing trades on here. Hope everything goes good for you on your trade
Old 09-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Thanks Stroker, im sure you will be happy with it. I always like to keep the trader/buyer informed. Its just a nice thing to do and doesnt take long to do.