Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
BuKu Speed Tune Clutch & RC Performance Products >

BuKu Speed Tune Clutch & RC Performance Products

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree56Likes

BuKu Speed Tune Clutch & RC Performance Products

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've been running one on my Savage for a while now with no issues at all. I have an Extreme Rc Mods drag modded 8 port sh .28 and it holds the power just fine.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

looks like the mail man will be good to me tomorrow.. should have my new clutch.. with a long 3 day weekend with 3 different tracks racing should be a bunch of testing in... man the wife is going to be mad at me this weekend!! jeremy
Old 05-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
I like the concept. So you are adjusting the tension on just 1 shoe and the other 2 are set with the springs like normal?
Thats what i was wondering, seems awesome though!!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default buku clutch

i had the chance to run this clutch last weekend on a very slick track it preformed very well whelspin is greatly reduced ive set mine up so the first shoe will open as soon as possible without bogging engine then second shoe opens up then third shoe it takes some messin around with but it has many tuning opitions on many track conditions but you can easily get caught up in tuning it try the baseline setup given after breakin and start there you should be able to notice the difference right away
Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiZzYNaTiOn
Thats what i was wondering, seems awesome though!!
No all 3 shoes/spring tensions are fully adjustable in a range from .7 up to 1.5 or so. After 3 weekends of racing this clutch set up I have a new outlook on what clutch tuning to track conditions really means and how when set up properly you can take full advantage of what this system allows you to do...

So in layman's terms here's an example. Think of your standard automatic transmission. A standard 3 or 4 shoe setup is like putting your car in neutral tacking 2200 rpms and dropping it in drive!!! The Buku is like being at a complete stop in drive sitting there idling and pushing on the gas. completely different feel and the end result is faster acceleration with less throttle input since we run on dirt not asphalt. Also the earlier clutch engagement means less fuel is burned from the crank case volume do to the lower rpms needed to engage the clutch with allows for a leaner buttom and better run times..I found the run time to be the little added bonus.

Last edited by THE PHILLY JYNX; 05-25-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
No all 3 shoes/spring tensions are fully adjustable in a range from .7 up to 1.5 or so. After 3 weekends of racing this clutch set up I have a new outlook on what clutch tuning to track conditions really means and how when set up properly you can take full advantage of what this system allows you to do...

So in layman's terms here's an example. Think of your standard automatic transmission. A standard 3 or 4 shoe setup is like putting your car in neutral tacking 2200 rpms and dropping it in drive!!! The Buku is like being at a complete stop in drive sitting there idling and pushing on the gas. completely different feel and the end result is faster acceleration with less throttle input since we run on dirt not asphalt. Also the earlier clutch engagement means less fuel is burned from the crank case volume do to the lower rpms needed to engage the clutch with allows for a leaner buttom and better run times..I found the run time to be the little added bonus.
good because i will be calling you every 20 mins. for clutch set up help this coming weekend
Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hey THE PHILLY JYNX pm sent

thanks
Old 06-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

both clutches ran perfect this weekend... very adjustable for all track surfaces and motors... thanks to brian and dave for the chance to run the clutches... jeremy
Old 06-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

buku clutches tq'ed truggy... top 2 in buggy this weekend for qualifying also... clutches work great and get better each and every weekend i run them.. jeremy
Old 06-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX

Hi,

One of the local guys here heard good reviews about the clutch and we're thinking about looking into them. I'm curious to know more and want to see if this is something I'd like to try. Can you answer a couple questions?

1. Do you have a tachometer to gives us true numbers on clutch engagement RPMs vs other popular clutch setups? This would be useful data.
2. Which clutches have you run in comparison to the BUKU clutch? Losi? M2C?Ascendancy? Werks? Etc.... (all of these can be set for very low engagement)
3. In a traditional clutch, when you rebuild it you can get repeatable results because the springs are not adjustable. How do you get repeatable results after a clutch rebuild on the Buku clutch?

I run a soft clutch setup, and mine engages on the starter box pretty much the moment after applying throttle from idle position. On the box, the wheels begin spinning on the box, but not actually on the track.

On track the clutch needs a little more RPM to overcome the addition weight of the car.

Are you saying the BUKU clutch performs like this? OR Better?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I overheard one of the guys at the track on Saturday talking to some other guys about this clutch and so I bought one off of him. Wow did that thing wake up my buggy. I loved how hard it pulled out of the corners and how the buggy felt like it had tons more traction without switching tires. Definately would recommend this clutch.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Hi,

One of the local guys here heard good reviews about the clutch and we're thinking about looking into them. I'm curious to know more and want to see if this is something I'd like to try. Can you answer a couple questions?

1. Do you have a tachometer to gives us true numbers on clutch engagement RPMs vs other popular clutch setups? This would be useful data

no tach... just go by feel.. dave (the owner) give a very good instruction sheet to help get you set up and going... he is always willing to take calls and help out anyone that runs the clutch.. also brian and myself can help out if needed...

2. Which clutches have you run in comparison to the BUKU clutch? Losi? M2C?Ascendancy? Werks? Etc.... (all of these can be set for very low engagement)

losi, m2c and werks... they are all good but you can go out and run your car for a lap or two and if you have a soft or hard hitting clutch just pull it into the pits.. turn car off and adjust thru the flywheel hole... always have the right clutch for the track surface..

3. In a traditional clutch, when you rebuild it you can get repeatable results because the springs are not adjustable. How do you get repeatable results after a clutch rebuild on the Buku clutch?

you start aout with an xxx setting and as the shoes where you adjust for track surface and wear... when you install new shoes you start back at xxx setting.... so far i have 3 gallons on the clutches wil very little signs of wear... all i do is use a rag to wipe out the dust.. check bearings and then install clutch bell.. a lot less work.. no more grinding of the bells...

I run a soft clutch setup, and mine engages on the starter box pretty much the moment after applying throttle from idle position. On the box, the wheels begin spinning on the box, but not actually on the track.

On track the clutch needs a little more RPM to overcome the addition weight of the car.

Are you saying the BUKU clutch performs like this? OR Better?

better.... you and adjust the clutch to your driving style not adjust your driving style to the clutch... with a 3/4 shoe standard spring you seem to blip the throttle to get your car in the corners.. with this clutch you drive it alot like an electric.. roll in and out of the throttle..

I overheard one of the guys at the track on Saturday talking to some other guys about this clutch and so I bought one off of him. Wow did that thing wake up my buggy. I loved how hard it pulled out of the corners and how the buggy felt like it had tons more traction without switching tires. Definately would recommend this clutch.

is this mr. mike batson?? if so you had some bad luck with the servo saver but once we got you up and going you car was very good with just my base settings on the clutch... jeremy

Last edited by J.Whiting; 06-16-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

does it have that snap and instant launch you can get from a 4 shoe aluminum clutch? 3 shoes dont grab the bell as well as 4 shoes and I swore I would never go back to 3 shoe after running 4 shoe but this clutch has my interest peaked.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jaz240
does it have that snap and instant launch you can get from a 4 shoe aluminum clutch? 3 shoes dont grab the bell as well as 4 shoes and I swore I would never go back to 3 shoe after running 4 shoe but this clutch has my interest peaked.
lets just say jaz so far no matter which clutch i have gone up against i can pull them 3-5 car lengths out of a corner!! can lean the lsn about 4-6 hours also!! the cars shoot very well off the corners..
Old 06-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

" flush.Throttle response became instantaneous!!! I was over shooting the back double by some 15 feet because i was not use to touching the trigger and having the buggy move. I took another 1/4 turn out on all three shoe and I was still driving the buggy with the first 1/3 of the throttle pull (other than the strait away) when normally that's near when my clutch is engaging. "

This has me very interested. The way I drive, I want all/as much as possible response within the 1st 1/3 to 1/2 of trigger pull. Even on the straights, I rarely pull WOT on the trigger. Hmmmmmm...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.