Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

2013 Torque line by Picco

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

I am very interested in 2012 Picco TORQUE .21 Onroad EDO Modified engine, some questions I hope I can get answers from you.

1, Can I use nova turbo plug in this engine? I knew previous picco engines do not work appropriately with nova plug, so how 2012 version engines do? If it still not working , can I use ODonnell, OS or SIRIO plug in the picco engine?

2, I use 25% nitro fuel, what shim thickness I should have?

3, Can I use nova based tuned pipe with the engine?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkstar900
Hi everybody.

I need your help regarding changing bearings of the Picco engines.
I have the new RB tool, but it does not fit. Also the Hudy tool does not fit sufficiently, so I am looking for a tool that really fits.

I am looking forward to your answers and suggestions.
Hello Darkstar900, I just changed the rear and front bearing of my PICCO torque.12 with 11.5 rear bearing. I used the HUDY 107050 bearing puller kit for .12 engine and it work perfect. now what I did do pulling the front bearing was put the outside hadle puller on backward and it work perfeck for the front, the rear bering I had no problems at all..

Hope this helps.

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM
PRODUCTS FOR SERIOUS ON ROAD RACERS

Last edited by YLLIB; 09-21-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Remember on the round handle on the end of the Hudy that makes the collet enlarge to fit tight in the i.d. of the bearing, you have to hand crank it pretty dam hard or it will be lose and not fit right. The reason is that it feels like it stops is because the bolt they made is at its max if you look at it but it’s not, the bolt head is made to go inside of the collet and enlarge the collet even more to get even tighter. Crank it hard my hand and turn the handle and the bearing will come out in about 7 turns.

Hope this helps. the HUDY tool does work with no problem.

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM
PRODUCTS FOR SERIOUS ON ROAD RACERS

Last edited by YLLIB; 09-21-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone, 2012 R.O.A.R. Nationals is right around the corner, get your PICCO engine and parts order in PLEASE so you don't wait the last minute and not get what you want.

Have a nice day and see ya all soon at the races.

Thank you for your support

Billy

If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at any time.

WWW.KEVCORACING.COM

www.acornracingusa.com
products for serious on-road racers
Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi YLLIB.

Thank you very much for your explanation. I will try again with the Hudy tool. With your hint in using it "upside down" I was never thinking about, but I will give it a try.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkstar900
Hi YLLIB.

Thank you very much for your explanation. I will try again with the Hudy tool. With your hint in using it "upside down" I was never thinking about, but I will give it a try.

Thanks again for your help.
My pleasure, it was a little on the dumb founded side how it work. I had to put the tool on the engine a few times differently to realize how I can get it to work by the pieces that came with the kit. I guess no one makes a perfect tool that works like the instructions tells you how to use it, LOL. but the tool did work perfectly smooth and easy after that.

http://<span style="color:Red">WWW.A...USA.COM</span>
products of serious on-road racers
Old 09-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emule2010
Hi guys

I am very interested in 2012 Picco TORQUE .21 Onroad EDO Modified engine, some questions I hope I can get answers from you.

1, Can I use nova turbo plug in this engine? I knew previous picco engines do not work appropriately with nova plug, so how 2012 version engines do? If it still not working , can I use ODonnell, OS or SIRIO plug in the picco engine?

2, I use 25% nitro fuel, what shim thickness I should have?

3, Can I use nova based tuned pipe with the engine?
Yes, you can use Novarossi glowplugs in the Picco engines. They work fine.

For 25% nitro use a total of .45-.55mm of shims under the button.

Yes, you can use a Nova based pipe. The 9886 is the best nova pipe to use with the Picco.
The Picco 2033, 2069, the Werks 2058 are all great options for the engine.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Any LM plug has the thread taper you are looking for ( Orion,Werks,Sirio ) the problem I have found is here in the USA all I could find that was LM based was off road plugs. Joe at Absolute hobbyz saw the problem as well so he now has Team Works Onroad plugs and they are exactly the right fit for the Picco based engines.
He has great prices too
Here is the link

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index....a&filter_id=90
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Grinder
Yes, you can use Novarossi glowplugs in the Picco engines. They work fine.

For 25% nitro use a total of .45-.55mm of shims under the button.

Yes, you can use a Nova based pipe. The 9886 is the best nova pipe to use with the Picco.
The Picco 2033, 2069, the Werks 2058 are all great options for the engine.
Thanks for the information
Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Novarossi glow plugs will work with Picco engines but you're never going to get the full potential out of the engine using them.

Try get the correct plugs for your engine.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
Novarossi glow plugs will work with Picco engines but you're never going to get the full potential out of the engine using them.

Try get the correct plugs for your engine.
Or try getting the correct engine for your glow plugs.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

will the rod and piston from a picco .12 jlr evo3 work in the picco idm evo4 if not does anybody have a part#. thanks in advance
Old 10-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Here is the pictures, diagram and part numbers for the evo 3
http://urlofna--com.reachlocal.net/p...r-3or7port.pdf.

If someone can find or has the idm evo 4 diagrams and part number you have you answer. Hope this helps a little.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

KEVCO RACING & PICCO race engine would like to congratulate Rino Lino for outstanding performance at Arcadia after a rain delay on Saturday. In the 1/10 scale class Rino qualified 3rd and won using a PICCO .12 Torque race engine.

In the IGT class Rino top qualified but due to mechanical problem finished a in the 3rd position using a PICCO .21 Rally engine.

With Rino's win in the 1/10 scale, Rino said he is very excited going into the Nationals with a win and be able to have a little more practice on the track. Rino said he realizes that all the BIG DAWGS will be at the Nationals but said I am ready to put up a fight to make the A main. My XRAY car and PICCO engines are running strong right now and this is the time for them to me working together, now it is up to me to stay focus on my driving and be on point to make the A main at the R.O.A.R. Nats..

I would like to thank Kevin from KEVCO Racing for the opportunity to run the PICCO Power race engines.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman

www.acornracingusa.com
products for serious NITRO on-road racers
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Torque line by Picco-rinoooo.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone try to use Picco (#1381) P7-R .21 EVO 3/4 Connecting Rod on 2012 Picco TORQUE? Does it fit and work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.