Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New shock absorber coming from the US.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

hmmm.

Glad that Clayton told me to call you.....

Well, I guess the funny part will be when we see them. I remember having a conversation with Tex about his ideas about other parts of 1/8 scale off road vehicles and the conversation about shock design were my specific idea.....

Sounds like I was right....which of course, why wouldn't I since I had been testing since my xxxtruck....At least I have local witnesses for years of my messing with this. Glad I wasted a half hour explaining 3 different concepts on the phone to you about my thoughts. I just never took it seriously because I got made fun of locally.

I will let the cat out of the bag.

He is either

1.)using multiple shock pistons that collapse on each other like a works motocross shock, or he is

2.)using a foam damper on the topside of the piston, or he is

3.)using a combination of springs internally and externally.

Since you haven't released it, I think I should go take pics of my designs first thing in the morning just in case you try to sue me for my own ideas.

I can gladly explain any of the concepts as well or better than the "inventor" without even seeing them.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but can you at least mention where you got the idea?

HOWEVER!!!!! IF you did go steps farther than me and you really did figure out how to do adjustable things like compression, etc..... without swapping out a foam, spring, or piston and you are using air or something completely different..... Then I apologize right now for jumping the gun, but from my perspective, it looks like you hijacked my concept. I can't wait to see them and I hope that I am mistaken.

Mike Mazza
Caster Racing USA
Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

"adjustable air pack" is the phrase that has me interested.....

I never talked about that......but I did talk about double and triple spring rates and how to do it easily, how to use foam in the body and how to adjust it, and how to use multiple pistons and o-rings or washers as separators.....
Old 04-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
hmmm.

Glad that Clayton told me to call you.....

Well, I guess the funny part will be when we see them. I remember having a conversation with Tex about his ideas about other parts of 1/8 scale off road vehicles and the conversation about shock design were my specific idea.....

Sounds like I was right....which of course, why wouldn't I since I had been testing since my xxxtruck....At least I have local witnesses for years of my messing with this. Glad I wasted a half hour explaining 3 different concepts on the phone to you about my thoughts. I just never took it seriously because I got made fun of locally.

I will let the cat out of the bag.

He is either

1.)using multiple shock pistons that collapse on each other like a works motocross shock, or he is

2.)using a foam damper on the topside of the piston, or he is

3.)using a combination of springs internally and externally.

Since you haven't released it, I think I should go take pics of my designs first thing in the morning just in case you try to sue me for my own ideas.

I can gladly explain any of the concepts as well or better than the "inventor" without even seeing them.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but can you at least mention where you got the idea?

HOWEVER!!!!! IF you did go steps farther than me and you really did figure out how to do adjustable things like compression, etc..... without swapping out a foam, spring, or piston and you are using air or something completely different..... Then I apologize right now for jumping the gun, but from my perspective, it looks like you hijacked my concept. I can't wait to see them and I hope that I am mistaken.

Mike Mazza
Caster Racing USA
Tex explained them to me and you are mistaken. Nothing you've mentioned is used in the shock.

I understand why his design is kept under wraps. I work in the design and manufacturing of audio electronics. My industry is filled with cloning to a ridiculous level, and accusations like yours are rife among competitors. Although we can't patent our circuits, Tex can, I assume, patent his shocks. I'd keep the concept hush-hush, too.

I'm not jumping on you, but I have confidence that your accusations are completely false.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default revolutionary shock from singapore

hiya folks,

I'm also about to release a new concept shock, here from sunny singapore!

It has been thoroughly tested and it works incredibly well! I can give a hint about how it works but i'm not going to release any details either because the patents office people are taking their time processing it (i dunt know why)

my secret is all in the fluid, I use Bovril. but the insides of the shocks are specially made to keep the bovril fresh, in case you get peckish between heats (NEVER, NEVER WASTE BOVRIL!)

I am almost certain no one has thought of my concept before so there really should be no lawsuits, but just in case someone else HAS thought of this, i'll gladly use marmite or vegemite... or perhaps Heinz Hickory BBQ sauce(for rough tracks) instead.

Wait for it... wait for it...

It'll blow your minds! taking orders now! $40 for shocks and $2.95 for Bovril

looking for team drivers now!

-alexander
Old 04-24-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

he can patent till the cows come home..wont stop the far eastern boys copying and flooding the market tho im afraid
Old 04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

man i cant wait untill all these super shocks come out. im going to put 1 of each on all 4 corners ill be so fast u wont even be able to see my truck

]SUPER FAST
Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Tex when you shippin mine to San Diego? KB
Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastboy
he can patent till the cows come home..wont stop the far eastern boys copying and flooding the market tho im afraid
True true.... patents arent worth the paper and fees you pay.... theyre only applicable in the country theyre filed in (China and Taiwan dont recognize intl patents), and even then, the validity of another item thats close is only disputable in court which in this industry and the limited amount of actual profit would be another waste of time.

The best thing to aim for is getting the items out quickly, absorbing as many initial sales in the first few months as possible, before asia gets ahold of them (assuming theyre worth copying of course).
Old 04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markr04
Tex explained them to me and you are mistaken. Nothing you've mentioned is used in the shock.

I understand why his design is kept under wraps. I work in the design and manufacturing of audio electronics. My industry is filled with cloning to a ridiculous level, and accusations like yours are rife among competitors. Although we can't patent our circuits, Tex can, I assume, patent his shocks. I'd keep the concept hush-hush, too.

I'm not jumping on you, but I have confidence that your accusations are completely false.
Perfect, that is all I want to hear. Honestly, I would think it would be hard to patent if it was anything like my ideas only because I had been trying to incorporate my knowledge of motocross shocks into r/c technology. Therefore, it had all been done before and I was involved a little in it. It would be funny to patent an idea that was already patented and then expired.....lol.

I hope he does have something different and I hope he does well with it, but it seemed sort of ironic, especially when he wanted me to sign a non disclosure form for his ideas about a different part of the car that it seems was dropped or just not announced as of yet.

So who isn't from the audio world in r/c? I was in that for almost 20 years.....
Old 04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

My point is that I have been still working on my concepts and have prototypes ready to go. I would be pretty upset if someone decided to patent my ideas and block one of many projects we are working on to start differentiating ourselves from the market....

Just like our fusion car...which has been copied by other companies already....

Luckily, most over here are doing single pack systems....
Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

So who isn't from the audio world in r/c? I was in that for almost 20 years.....
I still work in mobile electronics! I worked in a car audio store for almost 10 yrs. I now do dealer work for all the Ford dealers in my tri state area.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

I was a first class mecp certified overpaid installer for almost 20 years...lol.

Those were the good old days...Unfortunate that it started dying off about 5 years ago.

I talked to Clayton this evening. These new shocks are definitely not what I was talking about. He didn't know a lot, but he used 2 words that shocked me.

Sounds like I can continue with my setups.....

I wish you guys the best with them and hopefully you help improve the industry!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I was a first class mecp certified overpaid installer for almost 20 years...lol.
Never did the whole MECP thing, or the overpaid thing.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Are those 2 words "not real" or "never happen"? or 2 words that would get me banned here? Whats going on with this idea? I almost had hope of new toys for a little bit.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

2 words that are not bad, but have absolutely nothing to do with shocks.

...examples include damping, rebound, coil, recoil, fluid, viscosity, bladder, etc...... the words were not these or anything remotely close....

I figured out where the idea came from.......very interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.