Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:11 AM
JSA
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gentlemen,

I was reading the thread since last years from the 1st page, but i cant read to finish it and I had stop reading it till now.....I jump over to the very last post page......

In my place here, mostly running 1/10th & 1/8 Onroad car - the fastest category in rc racing.......over the past 30 years....i saw many players came and go.....
not many can really stay long.....and the players now never grow more than what is before..............Why....why....why......

then I start searching something, something that is affordable, reliable and economic to play......and most important is easy to get attracted ..........

I had see the grow of this threads......have the same ideas that I thought.........tHis GT is the perfect class.....to promote r/c.......on what it is and race on what is it......

up to here....i think you can figure out.....an organiser who want to promote and a organiser cum racers.....who want to race.....is just looking in two different dimensions.......

How a race been build and conduct....this will very much depend on the number of racers.......and a firm believe of an organiser who stand still on the vision.......and yet to face the challenge...............

over here....we haven't kick off the GT class.....but I believe this class is the class that really create rc enthusiasts..................

We will kick off this class with SPEC race and scale looking body onlyyyy......if anyone like to go for more speed.....he need to be jumped over to 1/10th Touring or the ultimate 1/8th onroad classs.........

There is always other choices........................

I was a little bit dissappointed when I first saw the price tag on the snake car......not much lower than an 1/8th Onroad car..........

This years Kyosho has withdrawn from 1/8th Onroad car market......cos its too expensive to play and grow ......they are rather more interested to create other class......and the 1/8 GT class has bias the thought.....now they do 1/9th scale just something not to be killed easier.........like the 1/8 GT.........
Old 08-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JSA
Gentlemen,

searching something, something that is affordable, reliable and economic to play......and most important is easy to get attracted ..........

I had see the grow of this threads......have the same ideas that I thought.........tHis GT is the perfect class.....to promote r/c.......on what it is and race on what is it......

We will kick off this class with SPEC race and scale looking body onlyyyy......if anyone like to go for more speed.....he need to be jumped over to 1/10th Touring or the ultimate 1/8th onroad classs.........

There is always other choices........................

I was a little bit dissappointed when I first saw the price tag on the snake car......not much lower than an 1/8th Onroad car..........

This years Kyosho has withdrawn from 1/8th Onroad car market......cos its too expensive to play and grow ......they are rather more interested to create other class......and the 1/8 GT class has bias the thought.....now they do 1/9th scale just something not to be killed easier.........like the 1/8 GT.........
I agree
Old 08-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

What i like most about the GT cars is the ride height, they are perfect for just taking to a parking lot and racing with your freinds. I really hope Team Associated gets involved with this class or offers some type of lowering kit for the RC8 or a full blown GT car. Love the bodies, ride height and performance. Plus the cars are pretty simple and easy to set up.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Rookie

You will end up racing Italian belt-driven rallygame cars.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM
C@T
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MarceloAires
I asume you do own a cristal ball making you able to look in the future.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Rookie

No cat. We had the same issues here a couple years ago and we end up changing to that. Sometimes, I don´t need cristal ball to see the future.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No cat. We had the same issues here a couple years ago and we end up changing to that. Sometimes, I don´t need cristal ball to see the future.
I can tell you that at the 2011 and 2012 Ipanema GT World Championship races, the belt-driven GT car was given its own class, Unlimited GT, where you could run the car any way you like. The class, along with Electric GT, were offered at those races based upon the requests of those that had those cars and wanted to race. Not enough participants showed to run them but at least the classes were offered for competition. The main thing is to remain flexible and listen to all facets of the marketplace.

Last edited by JLock; 08-06-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can't believe this is still going on,what a waste could be such a great class years of the same stuff wow
Old 08-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Come on Marcelo ... in Brazil right now GT (shaft) is way bigger than Rally Game ... and you need consider that for 2013 Southamerican Championship GT Class will be run, and not Rally Game ...

I think you need to buy a new ball ...

falou !
Old 08-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kmichael
Can't believe this is still going on,what a waste could be such a great class years of the same stuff wow
It’s worse than that bro, it’s pretty fractured, no more room for the spec class mentality that started it all; it’s been virtually eliminated regionally, nationally and almost every trophy event there is in America.

Reports of racer attendance in decline, over buzz about soft rubber compounds that wear out way too fast. Tire changes in 30-45 minute mains………

I guess the “driving” forces of today never had a chance to experience, talk to or read about how fast the original “v-slicks” wore out in the beginning. Pretty nice grip, fast and gone after two qualifiers.

Been there, done that. What’s that old saying? Those that don’t know the past, will eventually realize they should have…. lol

Anyway, it’s already been decided today that we’re all going to belts eventually eventually. Lol

So saddle up bro, got Mika’s BMT/Sirio’s ready, let’s go! Lol
Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Come on Marcelo ... in Brazil right now GT (shaft) is way bigger than Rally Game ... and you need consider that for 2013 Southamerican Championship GT Class will be run, and not Rally Game ...

I think you need to buy a new ball ...

falou !
Just kidding Patricio, couldn't resist. lol
Old 08-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Well good job we're moving on from all that negative talking and complaining.
I for one, am so looking foreword to my first Nitro GT race!!
Trying so hard to be able to get my car ready for the GLC in Toledo.
That is such a good event to go to.

Think is ..... its possible I'll have my car built but with no engine and no practice time?!

Well ..... we'll see. May just have to throw in and old motor and pipe.
Looking foreword to running it though!

BM

[/B]
Originally Posted by Jspeed
It’s worse than that bro, it’s pretty fractured, no more room for the spec class mentality that started it all; it’s been virtually eliminated regionally, nationally and almost every trophy event there is in America.

Reports of racer attendance in decline, over buzz about soft rubber compounds that wear out way too fast. Tire changes in 30-45 minute mains………

I guess the “driving” forces of today never had a chance to experience, talk to or read about how fast the original “v-slicks” wore out in the beginning. Pretty nice grip, fast and gone after two qualifiers.

Been there, done that. What’s that old saying? Those that don’t know the past, will eventually realize they should have…. lol

Anyway, it’s already been decided today that we’re all going to belts eventually eventually. Lol

So saddle up bro, got Mika’s BMT/Sirio’s ready, let’s go! Lol
Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace

Think is ..... its possible I'll have my car built but with no engine and no practice time?!

BM

[/B]
Just use my setup for a base and you can call me throughout the weekend if you have any issues. I dont remember if you ordered gears or not but the kit gears are really short so use the highest RPM engine you have. I have a couple 41's left in stock and can get one out to you if you order within the hour.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

BM

[/B]
If you need help at the GLC come and find me, I will be in the pits nearest the shed. You'll know what I mean when you get there...
I won't be able to help with parts, but if there is something else look for me.
-Scott McNish
Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

BM

[/B]
That’s cool, here’re some tips for your first race in GT.

Try to run as quick & as smooth as you can in qualifiers, without tearing it up before the mains. If you’re flying out of the gate and a top runner great, go for it!

If not, don’t sweat it over the “gotta get the TQ” guys; a lot of them will dnf in a 45 minute main due to overdriving, overheating, mechanicals, mistakes, rough driving, losing rubber and crashes. Try to focus on just getting the car ready smooth for the mains. Try to save your car/tires for the final 20 minutes of the 45, where the real fun begins! Lol

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.