Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
For gearing my FDR right now is about 4.25 . Feels perfect top end wise.

I am however using a Tekin Redline 21.5 motor . The motor though is not getting hot, its like 120 degrees max coming off the track, while other guys in the hunt using the ballistics are getting in the 160s. I haven't played with the physical timing on the motor itself (coming from a sensorless background here) as I was thinking that whats in the software matters versus what the motor is set too, so I just left it at from the factory.
I can tell you this...our A-main fast guy running 4.6~4.7 final drive with the USVTA rule. I have never used anything near 4.2 final drive for USVTA...yes, you should MAX out your timing (AMTS) and try between 8 or 9 on DRRS. Then...advance your timing on the motor but keep your gearing around 4.6. I would use 312a first...then may be try the 323a and see it is faster or not.

Give that a try...not always the higher the final drive the better.

Also, handed your car to 1 of the fast guy and have him to run it and check his lap time...my exact same car was driven buy the top guy and he can do about a second faster then myself and within .3 second to his own car...that proved to me that it was my driving. USVTA is a bitch to deal with, you can only go so far on equipment, but most of the time, is about carrying corner speed and FAST...
Old 12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Here's a RS link for the Speed Passion software you guys can use until the new Speed Passion site loads it's new downloads section

(Just click free user unless you're a premium RS member)

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/317579564/USBV131_V150June2nd2009.rar
Just a clarification...

this is NOT new software!

I posted this because Speed Passion launched a new site and there wont be a download section for a few days.

Some people wanted to download to the software from speedpassion.net and couldn't because of this, so I uploaded my copy to share instead of having to email it out to 30+ people.

This is the software that was available for download from speedpassion.net until yesterday.

Sarcastic Answer: Look at the date on the file
Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
I did some testing yesterday in our outdoor track that is 170x70.
what i have found is with the exact same gearing as the older v2.0 17.5 and 13.5. the motors ran an average of 10-15 degrees cooler. As i geared it up(for kicks) the motors race even cooler.
My 13.5 v3.0 after a 5 minute run, i temped at 98 degrees on the endbell. and that was 3 teeth higher than previous.
This was with NO motor timing advance. I think out of the box, the timing should not be touched and the motors are excellent as they are. I will still test them with some Motor timing and see the results. Ill keep you all posted.
Very nice....mind to share your final drive on the V3 13.5..? Also what speedo..? Thanks...
Old 12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Speed Passion Brushless Analyser

Hi All,

Is there someone who have experience with the SP Brushless Analyser SPBA01 ?
Can I use it with other esc and motors than Speed Passion ?
All help welcome. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I can tell you this...our A-main fast guy running 4.6~4.7 final drive with the USVTA rule. I have never used anything near 4.2 final drive for USVTA...yes, you should MAX out your timing (AMTS) and try between 8 or 9 on DRRS. Then...advance your timing on the motor but keep your gearing around 4.6. I would use 312a first...then may be try the 323a and see it is faster or not.

Give that a try...not always the higher the final drive the better.

Also, handed your car to 1 of the fast guy and have him to run it and check his lap time...my exact same car was driven buy the top guy and he can do about a second faster then myself and within .3 second to his own car...that proved to me that it was my driving. USVTA is a bitch to deal with, you can only go so far on equipment, but most of the time, is about carrying corner speed and FAST...
Thanks for the info. So when you say advance timing on the motor, my understanding is that this was all software change? Does moving the physical timing on the motor make a difference then?

From what I can tell, one of the drivers who owns the track has a setup that is superb in the torque department and the same basically as my top end. His level of torque he can generate is like jawdropping compared to what the next fast guy can do.

I basically went as close to the FDR as I could as when was higher up, I was topping out wayyy before everyone else around the track. Maybe the latest software and playing with physical motor timing will affect this in the manner I want?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution1
Hi All,

Is there someone who have experience with the SP Brushless Analyser SPBA01 ?
Can I use it with other esc and motors than Speed Passion ?
All help welcome. Thanks.
Yeah man, the only requirement of the product is that you supply a sensor based ESC and sensored motor

I've personally run it with a Novak GTB, LRP TC Spec, Tekin RS, SP GT esc's, as for motors, I've used Tekins, Novaks, SP's
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Very nice....mind to share your final drive on the V3 13.5..? Also what speedo..? Thanks...
With the old V2.0 motor was geared 4.1.
With the new V3.0 i was gearing at 3.8. Keep in mind, this is a track with 170' straights and 15' lanes. I use no brakes and double one-ways with this set up. I don't recommend this gearing for tracks smaller than 140' straights and requires a lot of braking. I also have a 40mm fan on the motor to keep it cool.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Cogging problem

I just started to run a second class and I'm using my old GT1.0

The motor cog at very low speed and sometime it doesn't even move at start, It need a push. I tried changing the settings with the programmer but it doesn't seem any better.

I'm using 14Guage wires, could that be the cause?

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does speed passion make a 8.5 -9 turn sensored brushless motor for 1/10th touring cars?

Cheers

Roebrt
Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

They do

Competition Version 3
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/productDetails.asp?p=8
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/productDetails.asp?p=7

Ultra Sportman Version 2
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/productDetails.asp?p=32
http://www.speedpassion.net/en/productDetails.asp?p=33
Old 12-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J@UNE

The motor cog at very low speed and sometime it doesn't even move at start, It need a push. I tried changing the settings with the programmer but it doesn't seem any better.

Thanks.
Check the sensor lead.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi,

I will have CRC GEN-X 10 pan car soon. I already have SP GT LPF Brushless ESC Version 2.0 + Competition Version3.0 17.5R Motor. Will race with 2S LiPo on smal carpet track (straight is about 25m). My tires diameter will be 58mm, will be using 100T 64P Spur. Questions:

what ESC software will fit me best?
what setup I have to program in ESC?
what timing I have to put on motor?
what pinions I have to have for racing? To start and then to follow as my tires wear?
any other suggestions?

Thanks for any answers.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

I have a SPX profile on eight and I have the v3.0 17.5 the track I race at has a 100' straight away what FDR should I start with ?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by J@UNE

Thanks.
it is probably not the wire but check your connections if they are properly soldered on and also your sensor wire.... i use 12awg wires between motor and esc.. they are thicker and can carry more juice
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by audriusv
Hi,

I will have CRC GEN-X 10 pan car soon. I already have SP GT LPF Brushless ESC Version 2.0 + Competition Version3.0 17.5R Motor. Will race with 2S LiPo on smal carpet track (straight is about 25m). My tires diameter will be 58mm, will be using 100T 64P Spur. Questions:

what ESC software will fit me best?
what setup I have to program in ESC?
what timing I have to put on motor?
what pinions I have to have for racing? To start and then to follow as my tires wear?
any other suggestions?

Thanks for any answers.

For spec motors like the 17.5, I would use the 312a software. I would run AMTS timing at max, DRRS at max, other settings to your liking.

As for gear ratios, I have never ran foams, so rollout is not natural to me, but if I have this right, then a 4.5FDR with a 68mm rubber tyre is equivalent to a rollout of 3.84 which means a 26 pinion on a 100T spur. Start there and go up teeth until you get slower lap times or the motor gets too hot after the race.

Maybe, haha.

Regards

Neal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.