Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Paul, I have a question to help settle a local debate going on here in MD. If you can remember, what turn motor were you using at the 2009 ROAR asphalt nats? Thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Hey Paul, I have a question to help settle a local debate going on here in MD. If you can remember, what turn motor were you using at the 2009 ROAR asphalt nats? Thanks!
LOL. Im about 99.9% it was a 4.0. if you lost you can PM me and i will re post your answer to make you right, LOL.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default team trinity P.J

Hi Paul I wanted to know ,what do you think of a 13t motor would ,I enjoy the power more cause the 17t seems to be very slow and i can't really enjoy ,this awesome car if I'm unable to find the right type of motor !! Oh I'm still using brushed motors ,which is considered old school !! I think the brushed motors with the correct gearing will do great on tight tracks !!! The brushless seem to work better on more open swooping tracks ,this is only my take !!!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Paul....March 24th is the final race of the 2011/12 Midwest All-Star Carpet series at The Track in Winthrop Harbor.....there will be a mod class are you going to be around to make it out for the race? Its just a 1 day race on saturday....hope you can make it.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Paul L
LOL. Im about 99.9% it was a 4.0. if you lost you can PM me and i will re post your answer to make you right, LOL.
LOL
Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hahaha thanks for the offer but I won't need it. I said you were running either a 4.5 or a 4.0 and the other two guys said 7.5 and 10.5 thanks! And good luck at the carpet nats!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Paulie what spring should I run on the negative terminal of my Rick's Pick stock motor?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by pierre johnson
Hi Paul I wanted to know ,what do you think of a 13t motor would ,I enjoy the power more cause the 17t seems to be very slow and i can't really enjoy ,this awesome car if I'm unable to find the right type of motor !! Oh I'm still using brushed motors ,which is considered old school !! I think the brushed motors with the correct gearing will do great on tight tracks !!! The brushless seem to work better on more open swooping tracks ,this is only my take !!!
Hi, I think that a 13T would run fine on a smaller track as you said, sometimes i miss the natural drag brake feel of a brushed motor.

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Paul....March 24th is the final race of the 2011/12 Midwest All-Star Carpet series at The Track in Winthrop Harbor.....there will be a mod class are you going to be around to make it out for the race? Its just a 1 day race on saturday....hope you can make it.
thanks for letting me know, Ill see what i can do

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Hahaha thanks for the offer but I won't need it. I said you were running either a 4.5 or a 4.0 and the other two guys said 7.5 and 10.5 thanks! And good luck at the carpet nats!
cool. .

Nice Bussy
Old 03-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by franc furter
Paul, do you ever use front arm sweep? Where does it give you more steering entry,mid or exit. Are you going to post your snowbirds tc setup? thanks
Can u explain arm sweep to me?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by theatriks
Can u explain arm sweep to me?
Hi. That is a hard question because i don't really know. i had a answer typed out but im not sure it made scene. some day i hope to test this more and be able to answer that question with more testing as apposed to going off of my theory which i could not even make sense in righting. sorry, Thanks

Paul
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Gravity RC

Off to the carpet Nats, be back next week. Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Paul for the help with setups and for the shims at carpet nats and all the xray guys had a great showing.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Shock question.

Hi Paul, I have a shock question for you.

If we had two shocks, a long one and a short one (old xray/new xray) and shock travel was not a issue, and both shocks where running the same weight oil and built for zero rebound, would there be a different "feel" between the two shocks because of the pack at the top of the shock? Could this be changed if the old shock bladder where changed to the low profile bladder?

Thanks very much.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by spammy
Thanks Paul for the help with setups and for the shims at carpet nats and all the xray guys had a great showing.

As always No problem! was fun, Thanks.
Hi Paul, I have a shock question for you.

If we had two shocks, a long one and a short one (old xray/new xray) and shock travel was not a issue, and both shocks where running the same weight oil and built for zero rebound, would there be a different "feel" between the two shocks because of the pack at the top of the shock? Could this be changed if the old shock bladder where changed to the low profile bladder?

Thanks very much.
Hi. Yes and yes. The shorter shock should have more traction. If you are talking a whole different size shock (body and shaft) it is hard to say. But i can say that when i shorten my shock end's (piston more at the bottom of shock at ride height) i feel like the car has more consistent traction. and yes changing the bladder from the deep ones to the shallow ones could be major in the equation.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Where you racin' this weekend Paul? I have a SouthWest plane ticket that expires in 8 days and have a pass to anywhere I want to race...

See ya at Asphalt Nats hopefully.
AWD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.