Wiki Posts
Search

Noise levels

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lazarus
I need some help. We have a neighbor complaining about noise. I need to find pipes/mufflers for both 1/8th & 1/10th that quiet the sound down. Will EFRA 3 chamber pipes do this ? Any other suggestions would help.
Easy... convert to electric and you won't have these problems. My neighbors think my electric rc8 is the coolest thing. You can drive late at night and not disturb anyone, not to mention smoke a nitro without trying.

I did an electric conversion because I knew my neighbors would go ballistic over the noise of nitro. Electric 1/8th got me back into the hobby since nitro was just too noisy.

Those flaunting noise laws and thumbing their noses at their neighbors, need to grow up. Who really compares lawn work to driving a noisy hobby car? Most areas allow yard work at reasonable hours and people view it as a temporary distraction and a necessity. Your .28 engine sounding like a pack of bees is not a necessity to helping property values. No one is saying you can't drive a nitro car in a secluded area, but I would call the cops on you to if you were buzzing up and down my quiet street with your car and I like nitro noise (sometimes).
Old 07-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ezveedub
And such cases, your tax dollars are spent on allocating lost revenues to the track owner and paying for the relocation.

At the price of property in Florida, that ain't cheap and trust me, businesses here will sue you over this and win.
Some of you guys in this thread crack me up.
But you in particular continue to prove not only your misunderstanding of the law, as well as how they're applied, and there's not a court in Florida or the rest of the country that would support your supposition.

Last edited by theDr; 07-06-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Easy... convert to electric and you won't have these problems. My neighbors think my electric rc8 is the coolest thing. You can drive late at night and not disturb anyone, not to mention smoke a nitro without trying.

I did an electric conversion because I knew my neighbors would go ballistic over the noise of nitro. Electric 1/8th got me back into the hobby since nitro was just too noisy.

Those flaunting noise laws and thumbing their noses at their neighbors, need to grow up. Who really compares lawn work to driving a noisy hobby car? Most areas allow yard work at reasonable hours and people view it as a temporary distraction and a necessity. Your .28 engine sounding like a pack of bees is not a necessity to helping property values. No one is saying you can't drive a nitro car in a secluded area, but I would call the cops on you to if you were buzzing up and down my quiet street with your car and I like nitro noise (sometimes).
+1
Old 07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theDr
Some of you guys in this thread crack me up.
But you in particular continue to prove not only your misunderstanding of the law, as well as how they're applied, and there's not a court in Florida or the rest of the country that would support your supposition.
How do you want me to prove it? Do you need an example of a business who has sued the gov't for compensation by the actions of the government changing its law. Because there a lot of businesses in Florida that have been "grandfathered" and allowed to still operate even though they might not allow those practices anymore.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2002/12/02/story5.html?q=Burt%20&%20Jack's%20Restaurant%20For t%20Lauderdale,%20FL

May not be an rc car, but its a business who went against the government by the way they want to enforce the law.

Last edited by ezveedub; 07-06-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Suspended

Let me think a second; so you're suggesting a evryday business that provides goods and services and provides jobs to the general public compares to a recreational activity that is a nuisance for anyone within ear shot?
You use some very irrational comparisons and ways of coming about your conclusions.
I give up.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Let me think a second; so you're suggesting a evryday business that provides goods and services and provides jobs to the general public compares to a recreational activity that is a nuisance for anyone within ear shot?
You use some very irrational comparisons and ways of coming about your conclusions.
I give up.
Here you go, read it. Exact subject the thread is about. They would have prove these noises along with other regular noise can be held up in court.

And no, its a nuisance to everyone. Also, at one point of owning an RC track not offer services and jobs directly and indirectly to the LHS owners and people alike?

http://www.hendersoncountync.org/minutes/071009m.htm

Last edited by ezveedub; 07-06-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For everyone that is complaining about noise you all need to realize that there is a lot more noisey hobbies than rc what about the nighbor with the race car or that other nieghbor with the dirt bike or chopper and then you have thekids that riding there moped up down the street all day Saturday and Sunday. If you want to be so dam quite go be a monk. If you have nieghbors that bitch and call the cops on you tell them to get a life and tell them that the cops have better things to do then to come and make people quite plaing with there toys.

Also to those that say if it is a nessecity than its all right well thats not true either. Just because your lawn needs mowed doesn't give you the right to do at 6 in the morning now does it. Also you see signs that say no jake brakes on semi's hauling items from place to place is a nesecity.

I don't care what nighborhood you live in the summers are always louder than winter's give me a break all ready.

The funny thing is that this neighborhood is probably right next to railroad tracks.

And last thin is that just because your track was there before the condos don't mean nothing.

More fuel to the fire on this worthless debate. I couldn't sleep so I thought I would put my two cents in.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
For everyone that is complaining about noise you all need to realize that there is a lot more noisey hobbies than rc what about the nighbor with the race car or that other nieghbor with the dirt bike or chopper and then you have thekids that riding there moped up down the street all day Saturday and Sunday. If you want to be so dam quite go be a monk. If you have nieghbors that bitch and call the cops on you tell them to get a life and tell them that the cops have better things to do then to come and make people quite plaing with there toys.

Also to those that say if it is a nessecity than its all right well thats not true either. Just because your lawn needs mowed doesn't give you the right to do at 6 in the morning now does it. Also you see signs that say no jake brakes on semi's hauling items from place to place is a nesecity.

I don't care what nighborhood you live in the summers are always louder than winter's give me a break all ready.

The funny thing is that this neighborhood is probably right next to railroad tracks.

And last thin is that just because your track was there before the condos don't mean nothing.

More fuel to the fire on this worthless debate. I couldn't sleep so I thought I would put my two cents in.
Funny and true!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Haha, I agree with you.
ezveedub - it's really a losing battle trying to rationalize with a toolbox.
Just a couple electric fanatics playing in the nitro forums.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The point is none of us are complaining about the noise.
A couple of us logged into the discussion trying to point out the potential ramifications that might befallen some of you oblivious of the nuisance you're becoming and the trouble you could get into as a result of thinking it's within your rights to make such noise, and then a few irrational and argumentative types tried to make some ridiculous comparisons while suggesting it was OK to piss off the neighborhood.

It's got nothing about getting a life, or that cops have better things to do, but it does have something to do with rude and obnoxious behavior that seems to be invading an ever-greater portion of our population.
They don't pass laws like Noise Ordinances for the fun or it, or for no reason. They pass laws because people refuse to act civily or fail to use common sense, and do things either ignorant of or oblivious to, or that infringe on, other people's rights.
Ignoring laws? Jails are full of people like that, and city coffers are filled each year by them as well.

Personally, I don't care. You guys can do whatever you want.
I'm out.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Believe me I fully understand laws, what they are for, and the consequences of breaking them. I've never recommended anyone go out and break any laws. I said the person should have the decibals of his cars measured. That's not good enough for you guys. To your thinking it's just pack it in and move because someone felt they had the right to start whining. You make no allowance that there are neighbors out there who like to call the cops or the building authority over any little b.s. thing. I've seen plenty of people like that around. They are miserable people who cause nothing but hassle for the authorities, other people, and business. You guys want to empower them by just taking it, fine with me. But don't get all upset b/c there are many people who will stand up to a bully.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Believe me I fully understand laws, what they are for, and the consequences of breaking them. I've never recommended anyone go out and break any laws. I said the person should have the decibals of his cars measured. That's not good enough for you guys. To your thinking it's just pack it in and move because someone felt they had the right to start whining. You make no allowance that there are neighbors out there who like to call the cops or the building authority over any little b.s. thing. I've seen plenty of people like that around. They are miserable people who cause nothing but hassle for the authorities, other people, and business. You guys want to empower them by just taking it, fine with me. But don't get all upset b/c there are many people who will stand up to a bully.
I really don't get you guys.
This isn't about whining, or complaining to the authorities.
But it is thinking that individual rights extending beyond the tip of your nose, and where the true bullying comes in is you thinking they do and doing as you please in total disregard for anyone else's expectation of peace and quiet.
The "miserable people" only get that way from getting bullied by those willingly being disrespectfull and showing lack of human decency.
I have nitros, but I wouldn't think of running them up and down the street in front of my house and getting every dog within blocks barking or rattling the crystal of the little old lady next door.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

I really don't get you guys.
This isn't about whining, or complaining to the authorities.
But it is thinking that individual rights extending beyond the tip of your nose, and where the true bullying comes in is you thinking they do and doing as you please in total disregard for anyone else's expectation of peace and quiet.
I have nitros, but I wouldn't think of running them up and down the street in front of my house and getting every dog within blocks barking or rattling the crystal of the little old lady next door.
What nitro car are you driving? Seriously, I own about 5 nitro cars and they're not that loud. I haven't had any dogs barking when I did run mine and the stupid dog next door barks all night sometimes for nothing. I generally don't run cars in my neighborhood anyways, only for a few minutes if I'm testing something. As for me, I have the option to jump in my car and go somewhere to run them. But a lot of kids can't don that.

Think about it, if you saw a kid running his rc car in the neighborhood for say 30 minutes, would you call the cops on him? Come on, give me break. Now if the kid ran it up your driveway constantly just to annoy you or through your lawn, thats a different story. Just because someone doesn't like the sound of an RC car doesn't give them any more rights to get the authorities to enforce noise ordinances. And even at that, it would have to fall under noise rules for all noise emitting devices parties, everts etc., not just an RC car.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Suspended

Wink

Originally Posted by ezveedub
What nitro car are you driving? Seriously, I own about 5 nitro cars and they're not that loud. I haven't had any dogs barking when I did run mine and the stupid dog next door barks all night sometimes for nothing. I generally don't run cars in my neighborhood anyways, only for a few minutes if I'm testing something. As for me, I have the option to jump in my car and go somewhere to run them. But a lot of kids can't don that.

Think about it, if you saw a kid running his rc car in the neighborhood for say 30 minutes, would you call the cops on him? Come on, give me break. Now if the kid ran it up your driveway constantly just to annoy you or through your lawn, thats a different story. Just because someone doesn't like the sound of an RC car doesn't give them any more rights to get the authorities to enforce noise ordinances. And even at that, it would have to fall under noise rules for all noise emitting devices parties, everts etc., not just an RC car.
This isn't about what's loud to you or me, it's about what's loud and obnoxious to other people. People that don't own these little beasties and find the obsessive buzzing a pain.

But your kid comparison does bring something to mind. Kids act oblivious to everyone around them when they're having fun, whether it's riding their bikes or skateboards up and down the block, or running their RCs about. One day it's just up and down the block, and the next day after that was boring now they're ramping their skateboards off my brick mailbox post or using the end of the nextdoor neighbor's driveway to jump their RCs because of the bump. Now I have a marked up mailbox, my neighbor has huge unsightly gashes in their asphalt driveway - so are we supposed to pay for that, or are you going to do it? Neither of us should have to live with the consequences of the actions that weren't of our doing.
The parents blew us both off saying, "they were just kids being kids" while refusing to make the repairs. So yeah, the cops ended up getting called the parents cited by their lack of proper supervision and the kiids eventually ended up having to spend the summer mowing half of everyone's lawn on the block as their pitance.
But kids aren't expected to act like adults, but adults should and are expected to be held to a higher standard of behavior.

Honestly, you keep trying to make these wide-reaching stretches to make your comparisons - nitro RCs v. lawnmowers, nitro noise v. parties - that just aren't comparable or relative to one another.
But either way, it's why things like noise ordinances have been passed in cities around the country - in response to those of you that insist on overlooking their own transgressions and/or figure that others should just have to "deal with it."
People get tired of dealing with it, or putting up with it, so it's easier to just call the cops.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Suspended

I'd also suggest you read up on your own local laws, amazing what a simple Google search showed, since what you're proposing as OK is definately outside the allowances of your own city's Noise Ordinance. http://ci.ftlaud.fl.us/police/noise.html

Maybe you should have read the paper this morning too. http://ci.ftlaud.fl.us/police/noise.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.