Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll check for tweak using the AE strap too... Can I get a new strap only when the hook and loop wears out?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is it still suggested to do the tape thing under the battery in the 3 spots? 1 small piece on the left and right and one larger piece in the center?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkfawcett
I'll check for tweak using the AE strap too... Can I get a new strap only when the hook and loop wears out?
Ive been running them since the release and they still feel like new. I doubt wear will come into play anytime soon
Old 09-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Ive been running them since the release and they still feel like new. I doubt wear will come into play anytime soon
Cool! Thanks for the vote. I've had other hook and loop fall apart too quickly.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Check this out. This Hex hub came in a TC6.2 kit. It was never cut to allow the hex to clamp to the axle. Would you believe that AE has refused to send me a replacement. Its clearly a brand new but defective part. I'm going to have to sincerely consider ever buying AE again.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
Check this out. This Hex hub came in a TC6.2 kit. It was never cut to allow the hex to clamp to the axle. Would you believe that AE has refused to send me a replacement. Its clearly a brand new but defective part. I'm going to have to sincerely consider ever buying AE again.

When i got my 2nd kit it had close same problem 1 of the hexes were not tapped for the screws to tighten them luckily i had a awesome LHS that swapped the parts and took care of warranty
Old 09-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

sorry to see that....shoot me an email and I will get you one sent to you

[email protected]
Old 09-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had the same exact problem with my kit last year. I sent them the hex hub and they replaced it that week with no questions asked. Odd they didn't replace it. Should have called them directly and asked why. It may have been an over sight.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
sorry to see that....shoot me an email and I will get you one sent to you

[email protected]
Thanks, I really appreciate that.

Originally Posted by TC5Driven
I had the same exact problem with my kit last year. I sent them the hex hub and they replaced it that week with no questions asked. Odd they didn't replace it. Should have called them directly and asked why. It may have been an over sight.
No it wasnt an oversight. The reason given was because I didn't buy the car from a hobby shop but from a secondary person selling the car. I was truthful with them and I really didn't think it would matter to them to replace a clearly defective part from a new unused car with the Associated name on it. Apparently they cared. Frankly I was surprised for such a little thing.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

With the recent impressive results from ROAR race, what they will do now???
Keep the current car???
Or launch a new ver???
Old 09-14-2015, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

With the way the current chassis is working, I would assume that all the results and testing will contribute to the new chassis. Trail and error is all part of it.

BTW congrats to Ryan Rick and Keven....along with the entire team for showing that Team Associated TC cars are on their game.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Rick posted on facebook they were running prototypes, not 6.2s. The new car will probably be on the street in November/ December as is customary with the AE TC release every 2 years.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The team is still using the 6.2 with the modified parts that we have already listed in this forum. I'll get Ryan's winning setup posted soon so that anyone who has converted over to those parts can give it a shot!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Forgot to list on the setup sheet there was an additional 10g weight in the center of the chassis between the ESC and battery.

Props go out to Steve Weiss for coming up with this setup, we only made a few variations to fit Ryan's driving style.

Droop is measured with the car sitting on 10mm blocks, measured to the top of the axle against the hex AFTER setting ride height and camber.

See Sean C's earlier post about the modifications to the TC4/TC5 arms.

Congrats to Rick and Keven for completing the mod podium sweep and for the 1-2 finish in 13.5! AE dominating the 2015 ROAR paved nats! 5/10 cars in the modified A-Main were AE!

Last edited by Randy Caster; 09-14-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have to say, I'm pretty sure I'm AE's target market. I bought 2 6.2's when they came out at full price. I tried to keep up with all of the mods posted in here. To the point I think there are about 7 6.2 parts left on it. Leave it to AE to find a mod I couldn't do. Put Ryan C behind the controller. No offense to him at all, he probably could have won it with his short course.
But I'm done buying a $400+ kit just to mod it to death.

Ryan C could probably have won it with a box 6.2. That probably would have done more for AE than anything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.