Wiki Posts
Search

Finally Got My MBX5T ProSpec!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Finally Got My MBX5T ProSpec!!!

Ok so as some of you might rember i bought what i thought was a mugen truggy and it ended up being a MSR.........i was pretty pist but on the plus side the guy included all the parts to convert it back into a buggy and so i did and ive enjoyed it for about 3 weeks and couldnt be happier with it NOW FINALLY THO i got my MBX5T PROSPEC of ebay and this one is 100% prospec and barely used i jsut thought if would share some pics i bought it as a roller and so far ive only added the rims and wing i still need to find a motor,pipe, body and a few other things tell me what u guys think!!!!

PS some on look at these break rotors are these made by mugen??? they look awsome from the looks of it they are steel covered in some kinda of fiber material anyone know where i can buy a set???

Here is a pic of the buggy i built a few weeks back everything is still the same on it exept i dyed the wing black so it looks better

Here is the pics of the truggy WORK IN PORGRESS i will borrow the motor and pipe from the buggy so i can use it till i find a motor specificaly for this car lets see what i can come up with

Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Brakes are most likely Thunder Tiger option brakes, direct fit for the Mugen and great brakes.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

It looks very good. A friend of mine switched from Losi to Mugen and he loves. The car is very solid built.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:35 AM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, those look like Thunder Tiger heat sink discs. A lot of racers are using them on their MBX5T's. They look like they need a good cleaning though!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yo Yo YO..
Nice rides.
Adam
Old 06-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the replies i was starting to think this thread was abandoned......anyways atom u think its gonig to rain today??? im sick of this rian everyday crap!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I hope not, but i know for sure the track is flooded now, and no one is willing to show up and help drain it.
Adam
Old 06-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Here is some pics of the finished product.....

I still havent ran is since the weather really sucks lately BUT it does make one hell of a paper weight...... either way tell me what u guys think????

Also im thinking about selling the Mugen Buggy since i know for a fact i will never use it again after i drive my truggy how much do you guys think i should ask for sellin it as a rolling chassis???? the wheels are almost new and the body is brand new never used?? you think 250 sounds like a fair price??? and comments are welcome plus i have a few spare parts and would include all the parts needed to convert it into a MSR truggy
Old 06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

All depends, you told yourself that you will not drive the buggy, if this is true, having a 'shelf queen' is very hard to eat, sell them and get some cash from it.

Selling it as a roller is very interesting, but since people seems crazed to switch to a 5-R setup, your Prospec needs to be quite cheaper since if anyone buys them should end as a spare parts car or for someone who need to pull their teeth (all two needs very different equipments, one needs a roller, the other needs a most complete kit).