Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 06:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead82
Just by eyeball mine seem a little off too. I guess I should buy a camber gauge...
Yes!
A camber gauge should be one of the first set-up tools a guy should buy!
I never even go by the manual recommendations when building camber links.
I always shoot a lil black grease in the end, get the turnbuckle started and run it in a certain amount of turns, then do the same for the other end. When the kit is built I throw some tires on and get out the camber gauge and set them to my usual settings for the track (usually -1* up front and -1.5* to -2* in the rear). The manual settings are merely a suggestion and shouldn't be the set in stone setting as they will be way off!
Old 02-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did check the trailing arm pills, and caster inserts. I wasn't really going to stay with the kit settings for camber anyway but everything should be even side to side or close enough that you can't eye it. I use the de racing setup wheels on a glass table to measure the camber so the readings should be accurate enough. But at this point I feel like I checked every thing. Any other ideas?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Is your trim set correctly? If your front tires are turned even slightly your camber as measured to the surface will change. You have to check the front camber with the car and radio on and steering centered dead-nuts.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good tip, but I definetly measure with everything on and centered. I do notice the steering block has a lot of up and down play within the caster block, especially compared to the fit on my b5r. I took the entire front clip off of my b5r and bolted it up to the chassis of the b5m lite and did not have this issue, so I think the chassis is straight. I would really hate to just buy all the plastic on the front and replace when it's brand new
Old 02-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Are there 2 different length rod ends in the kit? Would measure the samesame between thethe rod ends butbut be longer/shorter between the balls.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I checked and the cups are the same with the total turnbuckle length being 76mm.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDeez
I checked and the cups are the same with the total turnbuckle length being 76mm.
Upload a picture if you can. It will help troubleshoot.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Wow and I thought my OCD was bad... I'd just set the camber and go.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
Is your trim set correctly? If your front tires are turned even slightly your camber as measured to the surface will change. You have to check the front camber with the car and radio on and steering centered dead-nuts.
This is a must to have the radio on and steering centered....
Old 02-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok I just swapped the front shocked left to right and now it seems like everything is ok as both are around 3 degrees so I can adjust from there. I still don't know what was wrong but at least I know the chassis isn't tweaked. I'm not really super OCD about cause at leAst I don't feel that you can ever set thing 100% the same left to right but it should be close. This was so far off before that I knew it would never be close. it it's just that if the something isn't right I know I will just be chasing a setup and it's easier to find out now versus after running it. Thanks to all who responded as it was all good stuff to check.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDeez
Ok I just swapped the front shocked left to right and now it seems like everything is ok as both are around 3 degrees so I can adjust from there. I still don't know what was wrong but at least I know the chassis isn't tweaked. I'm not really super OCD about cause at leAst I don't feel that you can ever set thing 100% the same left to right but it should be close. This was so far off before that I knew it would never be close. it it's just that if the something isn't right I know I will just be chasing a setup and it's easier to find out now versus after running it. Thanks to all who responded as it was all good stuff to check.
I'm trying to understand how swapping the shocks would affect it at all? From your post I started measuring my car and noticed some differences left to right. I do know I had a hard time screwing the ends onto the pistons so I doubt they are even.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have some questions guys I will be running on a hard packed indoor smooth clay dirt mixture track it usually stays damp I am just a mid pack driver which car would be better for me a MM or RM car.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Yes!
A camber gauge should be one of the first set-up tools a guy should buy!
I never even go by the manual recommendations when building camber links.
I always shoot a lil black grease in the end, get the turnbuckle started and run it in a certain amount of turns, then do the same for the other end. When the kit is built I throw some tires on and get out the camber gauge and set them to my usual settings for the track (usually -1* up front and -1.5* to -2* in the rear). The manual settings are merely a suggestion and shouldn't be the set in stone setting as they will be way off!
Me too, I just run them all the way in then back them off when wheels are on.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2016/02/avid-tr...t/#more-108237

Avid have introduced the Triad direct drive set that allows stock racers to remove the entire clutch assembly for conditions where the driver feels having less rotating mass and zero slip except from the differential is beneficial. The unit is of a very lightweight design which was accomplished by removing all the plates and pads as well as the steel spring with a minimalist design done in aluminium. The DD plate is hard anodised for strength and the DD post is gutted for weight removal for a grand total of 0.8 gram. For B5M owners, there is also an included M4 aluminium flanged locknut to remove even more weight. The direct drive set is a direct fitment for Team Associated 5th generation vehicles such as the B5, T5 and SC5 and it is also usable on TLR22 and Kyosho RB6 kits with the latter requiring the Avid Triad Kyosho aluminium top shaft. The set will hit the stores soon.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Tas4
I have some questions guys I will be running on a hard packed indoor smooth clay dirt mixture track it usually stays damp I am just a mid pack driver which car would be better for me a MM or RM car.
MM hands down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.