Wiki Posts
Search

WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A TRUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Dave,

I'm not sure what the deal is with Mike and Brant. I haven't talked to them for a while. I wasn't putting you off either, was out of town for work and don't carry a computer.

Thread topic,

For what's it's worth I like both, but the Truggy seems to be my stronger class. I've always been more of a truck guy than buggy. When I have both to run I will always run both classes. Trying to get the most bang for my buck on race day.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Dave,

I'm not sure what the deal is with Mike and Brant. I haven't talked to them for a while. I wasn't putting you off either, was out of town for work and don't carry a computer.

Thread topic,

For what's it's worth I like both, but the Truggy seems to be my stronger class. I've always been more of a truck guy than buggy. When I have both to run I will always run both classes. Trying to get the most bang for my buck on race day.
Maybe we'll see them at the winter series. If not, I'll miss them. They were pretty cool to hang out with. You Know?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I love my truggy, it's so fun to drive, but sometime it sucks running it in at a club race or n e race when not running pro. I've only been racing truggy for a month and a half and wow most of the truggy drivers are hacks or bashers that look at it as a fast monster truck! Most guys are attracted to truggy because of the Monster Truck style I guess. I'm into it because it's a big buggy I can push harder. Most of these racers hack, cut the track, cheat etc while the rest of us take it very serious. I think overall the truggy is faster and more consistent but I can pull faster lap times in my buggy.

Andy

O ya and tires are a little more pricy.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 02maxima18
I love my truggy, it's so fun to drive, but sometime it sucks running it in at a club race or n e race when not running pro. I've only been racing truggy for a month and a half and wow most of the truggy drivers are hacks or bashers that look at it as a fast monster truck! Most guys are attracted to truggy because of the Monster Truck style I guess. I'm into it because it's a big buggy I can push harder. Most of these racers hack, cut the track, cheat etc while the rest of us take it very serious. I think overall the truggy is faster and more consistent but I can pull faster lap times in my buggy.

Andy

O ya and tires are a little more pricy.

thats weird believe it or not the sportsman truggy class i ran in there was very little hacking or cutting the tracks .

yea the tires are more but hey at least they last a while depending on what surface you run on.

as for, lap times when i did run buggy i think i had slower lap times than truggy now my track is rough and blown out so that has something to do with it.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

To fill the time between buggy races????
Old 11-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Z
+1
Old 11-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Z
Exactly and to block and run over 1/8th scale buggies.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lanmine657
I think it would bring in more people knowing that u would get in and out quick, it works great in motorcross racing. For me the waiting around gets boring and that keeps me away from most races. I guess its hard to dedicate the whole day to rc when on the weekends I just want to relax from work and spend time with my family.
i dont know where you raced motocross but i can tell you racing RC cars is ALOT shorter of a day. i mean at the nationals i went too, practice friday, stock saturday and mod sunday. and racing would start by 9 at the very latest and it wouldnt get over till 7-8 at night, some times we had to finish the next day due to running out of day light. 90% of the time we wouldnt pull out till 9 o'clock at night.... also RC racing is very relaxed, you can sit at your trailer and take a nap if you want. motocross, well good luck getting a nap or even relaxing a little bit. RC racing isnt anything physical, MX you would be drained. so there isnt a comparison, no reason to complain.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

cheap words to live by...
Old 11-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Prophet

jmaxy : you have a pm by me
Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ossietiger
Buggy Rules......
1. Complain About bad/novice drivers
2. Complain about anything that isn't a Buggy
3. Complain about people who don't like what you like
4. Before race grab Johnson and pull
5. During race grab johnson of driver next to you and pull (because everyone else is doing it)
6. Complain about having to wait for other people to race other classes.

Just Jokes Guys.

Lighten up, who really cares what blows your hair back, just get out there and support R/C.
Dang, dude.....where do you race?!?!

My idea of a "happy ending" is when I don't have to be marshalled for the entire race!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
i dont know where you raced motocross but i can tell you racing RC cars is ALOT shorter of a day. i mean at the nationals i went too, practice friday, stock saturday and mod sunday. and racing would start by 9 at the very latest and it wouldnt get over till 7-8 at night, some times we had to finish the next day due to running out of day light. 90% of the time we wouldnt pull out till 9 o'clock at night.... also RC racing is very relaxed, you can sit at your trailer and take a nap if you want. motocross, well good luck getting a nap or even relaxing a little bit. RC racing isnt anything physical, MX you would be drained. so there isnt a comparison, no reason to complain.
9am to 8pm and taking a nap in the afternoon? come on really. Who wouldnt like starting at 7am and being home by noon, then u can at least still have a productive day outside of racing. I sure that only the truggy guys wouldnt like this because they wouldnt be able to sit around all day eatn cheeseburgers, smoken cigs and seein who has the most chins
Old 11-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Please shutup. Why would anyone whine about having to wait all day to race in the C main in sportsman buggy. The Truggy guys pay the same race fee as your slow ass so.................

Anyways, I race both, and while I do like buggy better due to the precision it takes to drive, and more competition, Truggy is fun though.
sounds like u have been in sportsman c main for a while now, not sure what class that is but it must be a fast because u sound like a real tuff guy
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RESPEK
Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Buggies will always be at the top of RC Racing. But with out the introduction of truggies, the RC scene would not be as big as it is in the States. In the LHS here, truggies sell almost 2:1 over buggies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.