Old 09-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They work better - more efficient due to better design
Old 09-22-2008, 11:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gameover
got a question about servo savers for the M03R.
Chris...
Here you go, Chris. The blue dotted line represents the area I shaved away using a Dremel. This could just as easily be accomplished with a file. The ball studs are in holes I drilled myself, using the stock Tamiya part as a template.

Last edited by monkeyracing; 08-12-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

53205 wear out faster. The pin will wear out the material surrounding it. The few sets that I've used lasted me only 6-12 months of racing.

53597 have 2 sets of holes for the pin to rest in. So once one set of holes is worn out (12-18 months) you can reassemble using the spare set of holes and get another 12 - 18 months.

Another interesting point is you can use the titanium axle (53681 - I think) to lighten the universal, but, the titanium axles i used seemed to wear out twice as fast as the normal items ... so for me, I'll stick with 53597
Old 09-23-2008, 07:18 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I have a question. My friends and I are running minis and they are a lot fun. We are thinking experimenting with the Tobee gear sets. Has anyone had any experience with them? If so what combination works best? We're running silver can Tamiya and Mabuchi motors. We are considering a 34T spur and the 22T transmission gear. Three of us run the M03M and M03L chassises and two of us run the M04M and M04L chassises. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We just had a 4 hr endurance using XB Minis with no spares/changes allowed.

Haha, my team was racing on rims 1 hour into the race. Many others were having the same tire wear problem or other durability problems caused by the stock M03(old knuckles). It was a really tight and exciting race!

The last 45 mins, my team's car was scrapping the ground like mad, however, any long pitstop will have denied our victory.

OUR POOR BUT VICTORIOUS CAR AFTER THE RACE:

Photo Courtesy of Emxra

Last edited by Kail; 09-23-2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Credits
Old 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Who is this man, and are those bananas loaded?

And is that a forest of Sport-Tuneds?

Click here to read about Tims latest trip to Japan, and also to check out our HUGE Sport-Tuned Dyno test....

Oh and lots of new additions to the Mini Fans area, and also some other new pics of our own cars in the Gallery.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Hey, what's up everyone. I'm NOT new to this thread and I'm not new to minis (cooper) but i don't know about the swift.

I'm tired of the car not stable at HIGH speeds. It throws the ass out in a corner and spins out almost.

I'm running x-pattern all around. Its a FULL modded mini so i have every hop up needed and uneeded lol but it "looks" cool.

Ok my main question is does the swift have better speed handing? Is there anyone that has both and could tell a HUGE difference? I don't wana buy some new tires,rims, swift,paint, if its not going to solve this speed issue.

Btw i have the mo3r so i don't need the extended chassis.

Just don't wana buy a couple bodys and rims just to find that i don't like itttttt

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool

Hey, what's up everyone. I'm NOT new to this thread and I'm not new to minis (cooper) but i don't know about the swift.

I'm tired of the car not stable at HIGH speeds. It throws the ass out in a corner and spins out almost.

I'm running x-pattern all around. Its a FULL modded mini so i have every hop up needed and uneeded lol but it "looks" cool.

Ok my main question is does the swift have better speed handing? Is there anyone that has both and could tell a HUGE difference? I don't wana buy some new tires,rims, swift,paint, if its not going to solve this speed issue.

Just don't wana buy a couple bodys and rims just to find that i don't like itttttt

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

I'm going to quote directly from our own "Mini for Dummies" section. Where we talk about the differences in the wheelbases.

Some people will tell you that they handle differently, they don't really. Its purely personal preference, nothing more. Any handling differences are no more than you can alter yourself through set-up. There is NO significant difference.

And it's true.

Your problem is probably in your suspension and/or steering setup, it's nothing to do with the wheelbase.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kail
We just had a 4 hr endurance using XB Minis with no spares/changes allowed.
What the....?!? Were you racing on flaming sandpaper? Yikes!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
What the....?!? Were you racing on flaming sandpaper? Yikes!
Haha, we were racing on stock tyres with no inserts. Hence, the tyres became slicks by the half hour mark and they blew at the 1 hr mark. Haha... Isn't it interesting the kingpin got grinded ill they were gone? Haha
Old 09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony gray
There is NO significant difference.
That's VERYYY!!! Much tony.

That's a bummer

(Sorry for all the repeat'd posts, This site has been acting like a donky kong on some good shhhh)
Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3

Thanks for any input.
Maybe if you post the exact same thing a few more times you'll get a different answer.

Your question was already definitively answered by an authority on the subject!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
That's VERYYY!!! Much tony.

That's a bummer

(Sorry for all the repeat'd posts, This site has been acting like a donky kong on some good shhhh)
Whoops -- I certainly understand the site acting up. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.