Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not me. I love my KF2.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Quiet in here...did everyone get a B6 for Christmas?
no... and i just picked up a second hand K1 to start my 4wd journey...
Old 01-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone else got sloppy steering blocks?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Here are some nice shots of the new kf2 proto, looks interresting!
m not to long for a release, when they allow to take pics already!?

http://events.redrc.net/2017/01/chas...al-orlowski-5/
Old 01-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by micholix
Here are some nice shots of the new kf2 proto, looks interresting!
m not to long for a release, when they allow to take pics already!?

http://events.redrc.net/2017/01/chas...al-orlowski-5/
Nothing new there. Its just a KF2SE in the low traction configuration.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

No, there is a new 3-gear transmission, so motor is mounted on the other side, new cf side pots and some other new bits!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

3 gear tranny and still use belts? seems a bit like overkill, but good to allow weight movement as required.
However, he's TQ for 2 and 4wd, so what do i know?! Nice work Michal!

Last edited by oldernoob; 01-07-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by micholix
No, there is a new 3-gear transmission, so motor is mounted on the other side, new cf side pots and some other new bits!
Ah, didn't notch that, just saw it is still belt drive, so not sure what advantage the 3gear trans will make
Old 01-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Riverbluff
Ah, didn't notch that, just saw it is still belt drive, so not sure what advantage the 3gear trans will make
Lightweight(two pad) slipper configuration too.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:17 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Lots of little changes to his car if you look closely. We can duplicate most of it but the 3 gear setup will have to wait.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone else tried the front anti-roll bar as shown (disconnected) in the pics?

I've been using it for a couple of years on outdoor astro/concrete and like it, but find it requires a very different set-up.
Attached Thumbnails New Schumacher KF2-arb.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am in the process of fitting a anti roll bar. A few of the guys at my track really like how they work. Unfortunatlly they dont drive Schumacher cars and there isn't one from the factory so it takes some work to make one for our cars.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JsK
Lots of little changes to his car if you look closely. We can duplicate most of it but the 3 gear setup will have to wait.
Definitely small small tweaks here and there. One thing I noticed is the top deck has more of a contoured shape where the original "low grip" top deck has a square cut.

The CF side rails have channels milled into them. Perhaps they will have different versions of those with different milling depths/patterns to tune the flex characteristics of the chassis.

I don't see anything that will not bolt onto the existing KF2 chassis so the upgrade path should be clear for those wanting to do that. This all assumes they end up releasing this stuff of course

One of our local indoor tracks is converting to Astro (and taking longer than expected ) and I am very much looking forward to unleashing the car in its native habitat. As the average grip levels at tracks here in the USA continues to rise the KF2 will be even more competitive while the competition continues to evolve towards the design the KF2 already has. Some examples: The laydown tranny revolution, the use of CF in the shock towers (TLR drivers are using an x-factory conversion kit for this now), gear diffs in the box, etc. The competition cannot move the motor forward much more and keep the three gear configuration so I wonder how long until a major manufacturer comes out with a car that transmits power via belt/shaft with a more forward motor position? Tebo had something like this at the last Worlds (shaft driven RB6 prototype).

There are two very telling races coming up for Schumacher. The Reedy Race in a couple weeks will not be friendly to the car setup in the "low grip" configuration. I expect the use of the MM layout like last year or maybe we'll see the standup prototype return that seemed to be very effective at the Euro off road championship? The second race to watch will be the 3rd round of the EOS at Hudy arena in early Feb. Team Associated will be at this one and assuming they bring their top drivers we will see how Michal Orlowski fairs. He has been absolutely torching the competition in 2wd in the last two appearances. I wonder how much of this is due to the improvements in the car or the evolution of his driving skill?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:26 AM
Tech Rookie

set up sheet is online now at schumachers site
Old 01-12-2017, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Definitely small small tweaks here and there. One thing I noticed is the top deck has more of a contoured shape where the original "low grip" top deck has a square cut.

The CF side rails have channels milled into them. Perhaps they will have different versions of those with different milling depths/patterns to tune the flex characteristics of the chassis.

I don't see anything that will not bolt onto the existing KF2 chassis so the upgrade path should be clear for those wanting to do that. This all assumes they end up releasing this stuff of course

One of our local indoor tracks is converting to Astro (and taking longer than expected ) and I am very much looking forward to unleashing the car in its native habitat. As the average grip levels at tracks here in the USA continues to rise the KF2 will be even more competitive while the competition continues to evolve towards the design the KF2 already has. Some examples: The laydown tranny revolution, the use of CF in the shock towers (TLR drivers are using an x-factory conversion kit for this now), gear diffs in the box, etc. The competition cannot move the motor forward much more and keep the three gear configuration so I wonder how long until a major manufacturer comes out with a car that transmits power via belt/shaft with a more forward motor position? Tebo had something like this at the last Worlds (shaft driven RB6 prototype).

There are two very telling races coming up for Schumacher. The Reedy Race in a couple weeks will not be friendly to the car setup in the "low grip" configuration. I expect the use of the MM layout like last year or maybe we'll see the standup prototype return that seemed to be very effective at the Euro off road championship? The second race to watch will be the 3rd round of the EOS at Hudy arena in early Feb. Team Associated will be at this one and assuming they bring their top drivers we will see how Michal Orlowski fairs. He has been absolutely torching the competition in 2wd in the last two appearances. I wonder how much of this is due to the improvements in the car or the evolution of his driving skill?
Your seeing the latest evolution of the KF Michal ran at the DHI cup.... look for something new at the Reedy Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.