Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I still haven't heard anything else from Jcoleman. He told me in a a few PMs that our deal is done and there are absolutely no returns. He didn't attempt anything at all to make this deal right despite all of the discrepencies in his ad. This is definately not how I do business with anyone. I have made hundreds of great deals online and some awesome deals on this site so there are some great sellers here... but this is NOT one of them. Buyers beware!!!

I went ahead and submitted negative feedback since I have seen Jcoleman online multiple times after I contacted him about the problems with this car and his ad. Unfortunately it looks like he is ignoring my problems with what I recieved and has no intention of making this deal right.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default deceitful seller

He even put in his discription "The blue body is in fair condition now".

The blue body is in terrible condition...
He obviously was hiding the true condition of this vehicle... and he said that the VTA bodies were from a friend... but he clearly bought them with the car a few months back... this guy is untrustworthy and sneaky... I feel bad for you Funky... not everybody on this forum is a complete jerk.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Thumbs down Getting Worse Here

Funky, sorry to see you got stuck with junk for the money. In the pass 2 months, I too have had bad dealing with sellers. Carma will get them.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

I wanted to do a quick follow-up to this thread. It was very unfortunate how this deal turned out. Jcoleman was able to just log off (he barely had any history to lose), keep my money and unload his junk to me. I never heard from him again and he never attempted to make anything right with this deal. After hundreds of online transactions (mostly RC Heli stuff), this was my first deal that has gone wrong.

The good part is, there are still MANY good guys on this site!!! I have only been a member for a short time on this site, but I have purchased 6 other used cars and made a great trade with Slow Supra for a Baja since joining this site. I have also bought some motors, ESCs and other various items. ALL of these other items have arrived just like they were described and I was able to make some great deals despite the problem with this one.

Anyways, my point is, there are a lot of great guys on this site and a TON of good deals to be made. Don't let the bad guys like Jcoleman turn you away from online dealing. Just check my feedback, every one of those guys have been A+ sellers/buyers and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with any of them again!!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Dude! Have you lost your mind!

I just noticed the crap the you've been spewing about this deal.

Let's review the facts.
FIRST OFF, I was asking $300 for this package originally. I had several people offer me deals when I told you I would sell it to you for &260 shipped!!
It cost me $15 to ship it!!

I had no ill intentions in my original posting.
I thought I could help a dude out.
You went on to tell me it would really help you out right now, you've been laid off and don't have any money, you can't compete with the dual belt cars at your track, etc......

Dude, I talked to you for like 20 minutes on the phone!!
I told you that a couple of the pictures were taken a while ago and that the body is not in that condition anymore. I clearly stated that no electronics were included. You have made it sound like I told you something incorrectly.
I went over each item while on the phone with you!!!
You have concocted such an inaccurate story about this whole thing.

The wheels you are trying to show were EXTRA FREE SOREX PRACTICE WHEELS/TIRES I GAVE YOU.....NOT IN THE ORIGINAL LISTING.

You have left many details out in your rant.
I told you this deal was final when I accepted your $260.00 offer.

I have made several deals in the RC world and never had an issue,
I have many transactions on ebay, never an issue.

This is ridiculous.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Facts

Originally Posted by JColeman

Let's review the facts.
FIRST OFF, I was asking $300 for this package originally. I had several people offer me deals when I told you I would sell it to you for &260 shipped!!

You went on to tell me it would really help you out right now, you've been laid off and don't have any money, you can't compete with the dual belt cars at your track, etc......

I told you that a couple of the pictures were taken a while ago and that the body is not in that condition anymore. I clearly stated that no electronics were included. You have made it sound like I told you something incorrectly.

The wheels you are trying to show were EXTRA FREE SOREX PRACTICE WHEELS/TIRES I GAVE YOU.....NOT IN THE ORIGINAL LISTING.

This is ridiculous.

I am glad to see you finally responded. Your post cracks me up. Since I joined this site I have bought 6 other cars besides your TC5 plus made a trade for a Baja SS and I didn't have a single problem with any of those transactions... but this deal was VERY FAR from how it was advertised. Just look at the name of your thread "Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras", would anyone consider the condition of that body, the bottom of the car and those tires "like new"?? We did talk on the phone for more than twenty minutes and you told me I was getting a car that you bought new, ran 5 times on carpet only but you couldn't keep up with your sponsored buddies so you were selling the car. It was supposed to be set up by a local sponsored driver but it was a joke when I got it. The front diff was crooked, it was completely missing the spacers on one arm, the rear diff was one of the roughest I have ever felt and it was installed crooked too The droop was setup different on every arm (ranging from 3 to 8). The tires in that pic are the Jacos, not those junk Sorex you threw in (that you also claimed were like new and only run on carpet although they were clearly worn out already from running on asphalt). I can post some pics of the Sorex if you would like, they are even worse than those Jacos.

I sent you a PM about the electronics after paying because I noticed they were not pictured in every ad. I was very excited and after looking over the pics again I noticed the electronics were not in all of the pics. I didn't think it was a problem since the ad clearly stated "I have taken detailed pictures of everything included". I still figured I should ask to make sure. This was my PM sent at 5:15PM the same day my payment was sent

"I just noticed that some of the pics in that thread have the servo and Spektrum SR300 but some of them don't. I thought they were included, but I wanted to make sure before I assumed they were. Are they included with the TC5R?

Thanks again for the awesome deal, you don't know how much it really helps to find a great deal like this!!"

You were online several times before you finally sent your response at 10:08PM that night

"Hey Jason,

Man I'm sorry if that was misleading. The car is without any electronics. I forgot that I took those pics with my servo and receiver still in there. I did state that you would need to add all your own electronics...

You still got a sweet ride for a sweet price...

Sorry for the confusion. You should have the package by Thursday... Have fun..."

If you told me that no electronics were included on the phone (like your post says above), then why did I send you that PM?? I felt pretty upset but I decided to let it go. I thought your ad was clear and showed the SR300 in the very first pic of the car with no body. My response to your PM was:

"Thats ok, I should have asked about it when we were talking on the phone. I just didn't notice they weren't in all of the pics. It is still a pretty good deal though. Thanks for getting it shipped out quickly."

I was clearly not looking to screw anyone. I even let the electronics ripoff slide because I thought I was getting a "like new" car with awesome bodies... not bodies that are beat up, drilled for other cars (multiple times) and badly tweaked. I just wanted the car that was described on the phone and in your ad. When I didn't get it and offered to return the car immediately at my own expense, you refused. You didn't try to work it out in any way, you just said the deal was done. Your ad is clearly misrepresenting the car I recieved and our phone conversation made the car sound even better than the ad

I think anyone that looks at your ad, the descriptions and then sees the pics of what I recieved knows who got screwed.

Thanks for the negative feedback too. I have hundreds of online transactions and a perfect feedback rating on every site. It is clear to see who is the scammer here.

Last edited by Funky; 11-11-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

You could have offered a refund regardless. He pays shipping and you refund. Bottom line, you seem sneaky and not to be trusted on line where trust is basically required.

Originally Posted by JColeman

Let's review the facts.

This is ridiculous.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yes very sneaky, and not forthright since the beginning. I bet he didnt even take the pictures. I bet those are the pics from when it was sold to him. He beat the crap out of it stripped it then sold his POS to someone else. Dude ur a POS. I hope everyone on here sees what a piece of crap you are.