Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the point of 17.5 blinky class?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Why the need for all the superiority and condescension in here?

FWIW, some of us DO in fact win, but are intelligent enough to realize things are not perfect and can process thought to realize that perhaps things are indeed not perfect and can be improved upon.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

My 8yr wanted to try buggy last week. Turnout was light so he wound up running with the regular 17.5 gang. The fast guys were still fast, the race director coached him through the heats, he learned to give room when it was appropriate, he wasnt last, no one died, wait was the the point of this thread again.

Sarcasm aside, when i got into this i tried running mod and i was aweful, no throttle control whatsoever so i went 17.5 and i found the cars to be much more forgiving to my on/off throttle techniques of that time. Yes the competition can be tough, yes there are guys with more into their rigs than me, no i don't care about it. My track does check for weight, voltage and blinky on all cars. On big races all motors go through tech. On club nights to save time they've been teching the top 5 which everyone feels is a good compromise.

Last edited by bdemegs; 12-16-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

17.5 has failed to take off twice at my local track. on race night the race director sets up the heats based on how feels they should be grouped. he tries to group people of similar skill levels together. the re-sort after 2 quals will fix things if someone is having a good night or a bad one. last club race, he grouped the fastest guys together, it stayed like that after the re-sort and it just sorted the order for the main. nobody complains.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Why the need for all the superiority and condescension in here?

FWIW, some of us DO in fact win, but are intelligent enough to realize things are not perfect and can process thought to realize that perhaps things are indeed not perfect and can be improved upon.
The irony is so thick in this post, you could cut it with a knife. Say, what is the view like from up there?
Old 12-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey hey now. I merely stated my opinion and stated examples as to why I felt such a way and if I you go back and read, it was not I who proceeded to dole out backhanded insults.

Mirrors may serve some Mods well.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Hey hey now. I merely stated my opinion and stated examples as to why I felt such a way and if I you go back and read, it was not I who proceeded to dole out backhanded insults.

Mirrors may serve some Mods well.
The only person I see insulting anybody, is you. Go back and re-read your first post on this page, carefully. I think this thread has taken it's course.