Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moderators Inappropriately Removing Threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default Moderators Inappropriately Removing Threads

The Trinity Pulse thread disappeared from the on-road section after a threat from one of the moderators that it would happen if people didn't stop being negative. I find this disconcerting, as the thread contained a lot of valid information about people's struggles with these motors, and was a great resource for the informed consumer. Now it's being swept under the rug, which does a great disservice to this hobby as a whole. Please ask your moderators to exercise better discretion, and not use a heavy hand when dealing with very minor issues, like a little negativity from people that feel like they've been cheated. If you have a problem individual users, deal with them directly. The rest of us have lost a valid source of information as a result of this poor moderation.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Aside from the thread content, my complaint would actually be if they said they would shut it down if it continued, and they didn't.

They said, "don't do it or this other thing will happen"... people continued and they shut it down. I say good for them.

And a "what did you expect?" for those that pushed the mods over the line after being told to knock it off?! We're in their house, and have to play by their rules. Like it or not, that's only fair.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
[B]And a "what did you expect?" for those that pushed the mods over the line after being told to knock it off?! We're in their house, and have to play by their rules. Like it or not, that's only fair.
I agree wholeheartedly, this is their house, and it's akin to a private club. That's why I didn't throw around the ever-popular "censorship" and "freedom of speech" arguments, since they don't apply here.

But, while this site is free to us, it makes them money. They're monetizing our posts by putting ads on these pages. There is no content of their own, it's created 100% by the people that participate on this site. Because of that, I feel we're deserving of better treatment than "because daddy said so."

That thread could have easily been cleaned up with a few private warnings to individuals, and some hiding of the overly negative posts. Instead, the whole thing was nerfed. That was the largest warning we had about these PULSE motors, and it allowed a lot of people to wait and see where things go, rather than spend their money and get caught up in this wait cycle Trinity has people in now.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Legend

I feel the moderator overstep his bounds and should not
had deleted the thread .....

Now I wonder if other threads on RcTech are being deleted just because they are not politically correct...

After viewing the thread

I will not buy another Pulse* as I never saw Trinity have the chance to respond and correct the problem ....

At least someone could had posted they have a motor returned under warranty .

But NOOOO !

Now I believe Trinity is`nt doing anything and those who purchase bad Pulse motors are just out of luck ....

Big mistake !
The thread needs to be restored along with someone from Trinity to answer the serious complaints express on that thread ....

*yes , I brought one( 8.5) after 1 1/2 months still very please with its performance thus far....
Old 02-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

well....

thanks bob for the support....

i am the one who moved the tread to the garbage forum.....it was moved because it was morphing into another trinity bashing thread......

instead of calling trinity, a majority of the posters bashed and complained....

i warned about closing the thread, and the response was , better close it, cause we wont stop....

so it is nestled with all the rest of the trash....

now, on to the money part....as a moderator here i have NEVER GOTTEN ONE PENNY. i am friends with shane, and when tech went online, he made me a moderator.

i spend hours per week on this site trying to keep the spam down, and listen to the ppl who are angry because they were scammed....

so for the good of the site i got rid of the headache....
Old 02-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Legend

Seen similar threads with other companies being resolve by their representatives on RcTech...
Understand
I was only hoping to see a similar outcome...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Seen similar threads with other companies being resolve by their representatives on RcTech...
Understand
I was only hoping to see a similar outcome...
rctech has no connection with trinity.....if you want answers go to their site.....i cannot facilitate that type of resolution.....
Old 02-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mr. losi
rctech has no connection with trinity.....if you want answers go to their site.....i cannot facilitate that type of resolution.....

Correct , If only a Trinity Rep steped in and resolve the problem , one post from them would of cancel out a hundred negatives....
Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
well....

thanks bob for the support....

i am the one who moved the tread to the garbage forum.....it was moved because it was morphing into another trinity bashing thread......

instead of calling trinity, a majority of the posters bashed and complained....

i warned about closing the thread, and the response was , better close it, cause we wont stop....

so it is nestled with all the rest of the trash....

now, on to the money part....as a moderator here i have NEVER GOTTEN ONE PENNY. i am friends with shane, and when tech went online, he made me a moderator.

i spend hours per week on this site trying to keep the spam down, and listen to the ppl who are angry because they were scammed....

so for the good of the site i got rid of the headache....
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

That thread is the #1 hit on Google if you search for Trinity Pulse. It had a lot of information about the motors from people like Paul Lemieux and Todd Putnam. There were a lot of beneficial posts explaining how the motors were failing, what people were doing about it, etc.

A few bad seeds came along, mucked things up, and now the entire thread is gone. These pages are like our R/C Wikipedia, and benefit people far and wide in this hobby. Would you "trash" the 1/12 thread, or the RDX Phi thread if a few people were in there raising hell? Of course not, you'd deal with them individually. Why was this different? Because someone pushed your buttons and didn't listen when you told them to stop?

Things like this hurt the integrity of this site. I understand moderating is a thankless job, and I too appreciate your hard work. I'm sorry to call you to the carpet on this, but it's a terrible precedent.

And before any of you trot out the tired old argument of "if you don't like, it, start your own site," stop right there. I've spent years here, and genuinely care about this site's impact on the industry. My comments here aren't to insult everyone's buddy, but rather to call attention to an error. That's it.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Rick Howart had posted in the thread when they first came out, and its doubtful that NO one at trinity had been following it. They don't want to own up to the problem, as is their rep. I really liked the duo motors, I feel bad when locals tell me they're out several hundred dollars in paper weights. The thread was NOT THAT BAD. You could have edited single posts and left the meat of the thread.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Adam?
That thread is the #1 hit on Google if you search for Trinity Pulse. It had a lot of information about the motors from people like Paul Lemieux and Todd Putnam. There were a lot of beneficial posts explaining how the motors were failing, what people were doing about it, etc.

A few bad seeds came along, mucked things up, and now the entire thread is gone. These pages are like our R/C Wikipedia, and benefit people far and wide in this hobby. Would you "trash" the 1/12 thread, or the RDX Phi thread if a few people were in there raising hell? Of course not, you'd deal with them individually. Why was this different? Because someone pushed your buttons and didn't listen when you told them to stop?

Things like this hurt the integrity of this site. I understand moderating is a thankless job, and I too appreciate your hard work. I'm sorry to call you to the carpet on this, but it's a terrible precedent.

And before any of you trot out the tired old argument of "if you don't like, it, start your own site," stop right there. I've spent years here, and genuinely care about this site's impact on the industry. My comments here aren't to insult everyone's buddy, but rather to call attention to an error. That's it.
what hurts the integrity of this site is when ppl openly criticize the moderators, and continually second guess the decisions that are made.....

here are some points to ponder...

did you buy one of these motors??

if so did it work????

if it didnt work, call the customer service at trinity do not try and fix the problem on the internet....its not your problem to fix....

the bottom line is this, if you dont like the decision i made, cool, i dont have a problem with it,

but you now have 2 choices, live with it, or go away....period end of story

continue to argue, and i can make the decision easy for you
Old 02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator

btw, adam?, why the new user name??

also, i guess you guys have never tryed to deal with some of the members of our site, tehy get somewhat hostile, and a simple suggestion or infraction will usually escalate to a ban.....simply because ppl dont want to be given direction.....
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

if there was alot of good info in the thread, why not just delete the bashing and posts of people just being retards, and leave the useful info there?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Administrator

how much time do you think i have?????

any way i am done with this.....i am not bringing it back....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.