Team Magic B8RS Buggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic B8RS Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can somebody tell me. How well does this car hold together? I am still running the M8 and have constant problems with the front upper arms either breaking or losing camber (unless glued). My last breakage was the steering horn(?). I know they have made changes but not many people are running TM, and I want some facts.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rkhess
GOOD NEWS Team Magic is in the testing phase of a new truggy based off the B8rs chassis
Does anyone know if this is still true? It would be nice to be able to race both classes with close to the same setups. (8b,8t; RC8b,RC8t; Z01-B,Z01-T; etc.)
Old 11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i was told this too but that was many months ago... not sure when its going to be out.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sim anson
Thanks bro, can link me to the write up,
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...tm.htm#8773785
I dont know if the link will work so I will cross my fingers
Old 11-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Drew Jensen
Can somebody tell me. How well does this car hold together? I am still running the M8 and have constant problems with the front upper arms either breaking or losing camber (unless glued). My last breakage was the steering horn(?). I know they have made changes but not many people are running TM, and I want some facts.
I have found a slight amount of camber loss. the upper arms twist alittle to a spot that works for the car and then dont move again. I have never had a front upper arm break although I have broken a upper rear one once. Things like to work there way loose on the car so you want to go around a tighten bolts periodicly . after you work out the shocks popping off issue the car stays together pretty well . I have broken some parts on it but I havent seen any perticular weak spot or repeat breaks and Ive had it awhile.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dandrat
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...tm.htm#8773785
I dont know if the link will work so I will cross my fingers
thanks,
My B8 hold well after one race, faster on the corner, very light weight, 2 thumds up.(for the price on this buggy)
Old 11-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default M1-B+

Hi, I have had my M1-B since Jan 2007 & have done probably 20 or so races in
that time ,- this does include some quite long periods off racing.
I have upgraded the car with various upgrades over this time as TM released them , so now the car is in M8 spec basically .Over this time i have had to replace a lot of the early plastic parts , but now most newer parts are more durable . Maybe not the best plastic but OK now.As for the other parts - The highly lightend drive shafts are still the originals (pins are a little worn but ok still) and the K factory Drive cups have worn slowly (unlike the originals fitted from new).The Diffs & pinions brought to replace useless originals, are still fitted & as smooth as ever.Shocks are M8 spec -no probs Shock towers also M8 spec ( the front tower does get bent if cartwheeled) but so do lots of cars.This car is very fast ,but a little loose at the back, so some may find it a handfull .The things I like are 1) 8x16x5 bearings allround ! 2) Light 3) Durable-M8 onwords4) very fast/good acceleration 5) Great looks - Things i dont like 1) Money i spent to make it OK! Cost & availability of parts 2)loose at back end out of corners So thats my mini revue feel free to ask or comment, I think by now i,m a bit of a M1-B expert Thanks mc
Drew- Try using the longer Front top arms from the M1-B with some 5x30mm turn buckles( I used hobao/ofna ones) they are longer arms so they screw in further -reset wheel camber hole or ajust to -1 Deg . TM Steering horn is weak fit alloy one instead ,also check for fouling of steering during servo saver movment at full locks.

Last edited by mcleTi; 11-14-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

so nice to heard that from a tm driver,
anymore tm driver want to share their view?
since we are the special breed..
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

the rear sway bar mount on my B8rs fell off on one side. rc shopping nor wolf hobbies carry the part (or respond to my emails). I see its the same part as there older buggy. does anyone know where I might be able to find it? I could fabricate something with parts from another buggy but I would rather use the right parts.If anyone knows and could pass it on I would appreciate it.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone had any more experience with this car, i would like to know how it holding up?? many broken parts ect...

Thanks Alot

Jake
Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default cometRC

Hi Jake
I am sure you ll find out about this car very soon.
Mete
CometRC
Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jake C
Has anyone had any more experience with this car, i would like to know how it holding up?? many broken parts ect...

Thanks Alot

Jake
there is alot of experience info on this forum thread I think. The car doesnt really break any more then average. any specific thing you want to know about this car?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dandrat
the rear sway bar mount on my B8rs fell off on one side. rc shopping nor wolf hobbies carry the part (or respond to my emails). I see its the same part as there older buggy. does anyone know where I might be able to find it? I could fabricate something with parts from another buggy but I would rather use the right parts.If anyone knows and could pass it on I would appreciate it.
just to let anyone who has had the same problem know that I figured it out and this part is on the RCshopping website in the hardware section. Its shown in blue but then you click on it there are other color options.
just an fyi........not that anyone asked but me of course.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by cometrc
Hi Jake
I am sure you ll find out about this car very soon.
Mete
CometRC

Any new news about this buggy??
Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

HI, Ive been running the B8RS buggy since may 2009, so other guys at my club.. by now we are 4 guys.. the 4th guy is a rookie, and is making the car sweat!! overjumps, lot of crashings, the usual trashing session of a rokkie driver... So far, a wing and a fallen swaybar support.

In my personal opinion, the car surprised me alot.
CONS:
- Maybe to much chassis flex, and the clutchbell hit the chassis. I highly recomend the Kfactory center stiffener and one piece engine mount.
-Also a front tower (maybe to lightened) (I also looked some MBX6s and RC8s with broken shock towers or fuel tanks)
- Fuel tank post broke.
- Chance your wheel pins, they are lightened and may broke one of them. I changed for some Mugen Pins.

-----------------
PROS:
Since I have the car, only 1 broken front lower arm... those things are really tough!!!
-No problem with wing, upper arms or anything....
-Super braking power, a little hard to set up, but really effective system.
-Nice look
- Super light design
- Easy manteinance
- Tough fuel tank
- Likes to go fast.. the Stock CBell is 15T, I tested 14, and 13T and still crazy in top speed and super bottom end.
- Really nice cornering. a lot of steering travel.
- Really nice suspension. Soft travel and durable shocks.
- I made some mods to give the car more downtravel... I will put some pics qhen I can have more posts. LOL.

I used to ran the Rc8, and the TM is way a better ride. Easiear to drive and as durable as the RC8.

Hope my comments may be useful for someone who wants to try this car.. is really under rated...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.