Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't know what you people heard about the government paying employees for screwing around when they're supposed to be 'working,' but it isn't true. And anyone who ever gave you that idea is a liar!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beeen
I don't know what you people heard about the government paying employees for screwing around when they're supposed to be 'working,' but it isn't true. And anyone who ever gave you that idea is a liar!
OBAMA TOLD ME THAT YOU AND JASON ARE THE TOP DOGS OF THE WORLD.
(I ALSO SPOKE TO THE LITTLE OLD LADY AT YOUR JOB, BEN. SHE GAVE ME THE SCOOP ABOUT YOU! )
Old 06-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmackani
What the heck kind of hat are you wearing now? We bust on you about losing your hair and now you look like a space cowboy. You probably scared all the other drivers off the stand.
That there is my championship bonafide hotdangity hat and special diamond studded x-ray sunglasses to protect this new 20-20 vision I had installed..... My daughter dared me to wear them for the trophy presentation...lol

See you folks soon. I blew up my electric truggy, but replacement speedo is on the way. I am going to get into that sct class you're in Jason. What are the tire specs for that class? Run-wat-u-brung?

I still have the nitro going as well. I'm trying the mugen this year. It's not bad, and it seems durable enough.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
OBAMA TOLD ME THAT YOU AND JASON ARE THE TOP DOGS OF THE WORLD.
(I ALSO SPOKE TO THE LITTLE OLD LADY AT YOUR JOB, BEN. SHE GAVE ME THE SCOOP ABOUT YOU! )
It's funny you should mention her, she did something today that she'll never live down, in front of all of us...

...I think I'll wait to tell you next time I'm at the shop
Old 06-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tharris1959
That there is my championship bonafide hotdangity hat and special diamond studded x-ray sunglasses to protect this new 20-20 vision I had installed..... My daughter dared me to wear them for the trophy presentation...lol

See you folks soon. I blew up my electric truggy, but replacement speedo is on the way. I am going to get into that sct class you're in Jason. What are the tire specs for that class? Run-wat-u-brung?

I still have the nitro going as well. I'm trying the mugen this year. It's not bad, and it seems durable enough.
We have been running the mod sct this year. Run what you brung. Cody has been running this and Ethan is now running nitro truggy with me. I am looking at getting a mugen at the end of the year maybe. I drove my buddies and liked the feel of it. No slop in it like the losi's have. Did you fry a tekin rx8? I have a hot bodies ve8 that I have not finished building yet that I may someday run.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

No, it was the castle. I jumped too far; when it landed just shattered the circuit board. I knew better than to jump so far- somethings got to give. It looked good though!

Even though the castle broke, I think they still have the toughest speedos. I have the tekin also in my buggy, but really have only practiced with it. I will say this much- don't let anyone tell you the tekin is smoother than the castle. I had the castle programmed so it was ultra smooth on the low end. The tekin is good too, but to hear folks on this site calling the castle junk is bunk. I already ordered a new castle as well as sending the broken one in, so I'll have a spare. I'm going to get one of those super-soft sponges to fasten down to somehow so the shock of the big air wont crack it again.

The 8T really works well with the electric, as it is so stable inherently. I can nail the throttle in any condition and it straightens itself out.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I ordered sorbothane for mounting mine. It's supposed to be some type of impact absorption stuff. I have the tekin for the buggy, but I am afraid to put the thing in from the reports found on here. I have an mmp coming for the other short course truck though. We cooked an lrp in it a couple of weeks ago.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Track Help

Sorry I couldn’t make the races this weekend but 2 day events are off of my schedule because of other demands with my family, friends and “Honey-Do” lists. Also with heat indexes 95-100 degrees both days and the 50 % chance of storms; it was a no-brainer for me

I believe a big reason attendance is down is that many people don’t have a lot of extra money to spend due to the economy ;there isn’t much money left over after bills are paid.

My 2 cents for G’s Raceway Improvements:

1. IMPERATIVE-Keep races moving 4 minutes between heats, 10 minutes between rounds. (Unless there is a very light turn out.)

2. If there is food provided, eat during the racer down time. Don’t stop the race, it runs things late for those who travel.

3. When you have prize races: Give out gift certificates instead of prizes the racers may not be able to use. (Also this would bring customers in to shop and possibly they’d spend more money!)

4. Give Senior Citizens (old farts 60+) a one lap “geezer bonus” for each heat and 2 for the main to level the field. (I thought I might as well try to sneak this in and no one would notice!)

5. Aim the P.A. system speakers so the racers in front and behind the shop can hear the announcements. Move the speaker on the drivers stand to the rear of the stand so it isn’t directly pointing in a driver’s ear at that end of the stand when the stand is full.

Overall you guys do a great job and some of the people don’t appreciate the work you put into the track and running the races. I hope you continue to improve as you have been and remember you can’t please everyone. Thanks for all you do.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

GOOD POINTS, SAM.
I THINK MY COOKING DAYS ARE COMING TO AN END. I MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT LAST WEEKEND ABOUT DOING SOME DEEP FRIED TURKEYS AND HAVING AN OLD TIME PICNIC ON THE WEEKEND OF THE 4TH. I ASKED PEOPLE TO LET ME KNOW IF THEY WERE INTERESTED. ONLY ONE PERSON CAME FORWARD. SO, NO COOKOUT. AS A MATTER OF FACT:: WE ARE GOING TO BE CLOSED ON THE 4TH! (PEOPLE SAID ALOT OF THE TRACKS ARE CLOSED)I CAN'T AFFORD IT ALL OF THE TIME ANYWAY. ALOT LESS WORK FOR ME.
I THINK THE "OLD GEEZER" BONUS GOES BOTH WAYS-I WANT ONE, TOO! WE ARE WORKING ON THE TRACK FOR TODAY & TOMORROW.THE SPEAKER ON THE END OF THE RACERS STAND HASN'T BEEN HOOKED UP FOR SEVERAL WEEKS. WE WILL MOVE IT THOUGH (WHEN WE GET ANOTHER ONE). WE WILL SEE YOU LATER. ROBIN
Old 06-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

It's funny you should mention her, she did something today that she'll never live down, in front of all of us...

SOUNDS GOOD. IF IT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU GUYS WILL HARASS HER FOR, IT MUST BE GOOD!!
ARE YOU STILL GOING TO GO TO CARLISLE WITH G ON SUNDAY MORNING BEFORE THE RACES.
SO FAR, EVERYONE BUT TRAVIS HAS BACKED OUT. HE WILL ONLY BE THERE FOR 1/2 HOUR-45 MINS. PASTOR JEFF WANTS THE MEN AND THEIR SONS TO COME TOGETHER. GIVE US A HEADS UP.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmackani
I ordered sorbothane for mounting mine. It's supposed to be some type of impact absorption stuff. I have the tekin for the buggy, but I am afraid to put the thing in from the reports found on here. I have an mmp coming for the other short course truck though. We cooked an lrp in it a couple of weeks ago.
I'm going with the super soft sponge material. I've been getting some big air lately
G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa-losi-floored.jpg
Old 06-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Kyosho makes vibration absorption mounting tape that is over 1/4 inch thick. Its a little pricey but many guys on the west coast are remedying there esc woes by doubling up on the tape. You can double up and still have enough for 2 esc's. I have 3 packs in stock if anyone needs any.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS SOON.

JUST A HEADS UP TO ALL RACERS....FULL THROTTLE NOW HAS A LAP COUNTING SYSTEM RUNNING. HOPING TO SEE A BUNCH OF GUYS THERE ON SATURDAYS. IT'S ONLY 25-30 MINUTES FROM SHIPPENSBURG.
ROBIN
Old 06-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

IT MUST BE A JUICY STORY! CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER MESSAGE I POSTED YESTERDAY TO YOU, BEEEN. WE SWITCHED FROM CENTURYLINK TO COMCAST INTERNET & PHONE. MAYBE IT GOT LOST IN TRANSMISSION!

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TO DO THE DEMO FOR THE FATHERS & SONS AT THE 2ND PRES. CHURCH ON GARLAND ROAD, IN CARLISLE. WE WILL LEAVE ABOUT 8 AM. SO FAR, EVERYONE ELSE HAS BACKED OUT EXCEPT FOR TRAVIS. IT WILL BE A SHORT SHOW, BECAUSE WE HAVE TO GET READY FOR RACES HERE.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tharris1959
I'm going with the super soft sponge material. I've been getting some big air lately
Attachment 606127
WE ALSO HAVE HAD SOME BIG AIR..............OH, YOU MEANT WITH THE R/C VEHICLE, RIGHT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.