Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to Carolinas RC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pl_unc86
Honesty, i find it rude that people feel the need to post something like this on a public forum. If you are having a problem with a company or someone, just call them and ask the question yourself. Coming onto a public forum and basicly trash talking a company is flat out rude. I am not saying you cant be fruststrated but if you have an issue, they are only a phone call away. I can confirm that i have a received an email of their expansion in the next few months. Serouisly though, its sad i even feel the need to make this post.
ridiculous statement.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pl_unc86
Honesty, i find it rude that people feel the need to post something like this on a public forum. If you are having a problem with a company or someone, just call them and ask the question yourself. Coming onto a public forum and basicly trash talking a company is flat out rude. I am not saying you cant be fruststrated but if you have an issue, they are only a phone call away. I can confirm that i have a received an email of their expansion in the next few months. Serouisly though, its sad i even feel the need to make this post.
I made a post, because i wanted the discussion. I am frustrated with trying to order stuff from their site, and i am getting no where. Out of a list of 15 items, they had ZERO. All basic AE parts for an RC8 and RC8T. If you dont like it, then contact them and let them know that loyal customers of theirs are starting to get discouraged from shopping them anymore. Plus with modhobbies going under, its just more reason to wonder. Yes, i had heard of the "BIG CHANGES," but i have seen those big changes turn into a closed sign far to often.

No, if you have a problem with my posting this, PM me, and i can explain everything for you. But to come in here and state that i shouldnt because you feel it is a mut point, fine. either way, i asked why it seems nothing is in stock, and you are the one that attacked me for it. I find that rude, as should you, but i am sure you feel you are right in your actions, and i expect more of the same.

Either way, they have nothing in stock. If they are just trying to fill backorders, maybe they should up there order totals to increase stock? its just a thought.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

CarolinasRC is the best RC Store around and where I buy most of my RC racing needs!

CarolinasRC rocks!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casevac
who, me?
Two days ago.
thanks i have a few order still on back order from march and april might have to give them a call or a email thanks
Old 08-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Legend

I buy all my gear from my local race facility and would never support from a mail order house ..

So what they are out of stock ,.
Find somewhere else for 5 bucks less & be happy .
Old 08-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dandrat
ridiculous statement.
+1
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

I hate to see people upset or disappointed about Carolinasrc. Jon has worked hard to get his business to where it is. People or consumers have no idea what it take to run a hobby shop and MAKE MONEY. People are always trying to find the best deal and most will buy some where else just to save a couple of bucks. I run a hobby shop and get beat up everyday over prices because "Amain has it for ____" "carolinasrc has it for___" Sometimes the prices they sale at would only make me a dollar. The bad thing about it is the same people come in the local hobby shop want you to get the product they purchased from somewhere else running,working right list goes on and on. If on line stores would stop under cutting each other everybody would make money and be able to survive. EXAMPLE: MAP pricing Losi buggy 699.99 but everybody knows when you hit the buy it button the price drops. More and more hobby business are closing and it sucks. I hope that people well hang in there for Carolinasrc and when he gets moved in to the new facility and back up 100% it will be awesome.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I deal a lot with Jon @ carolinas. In fact I help him with some things with the store. Mostly promotional type things. The economy has been rough on small companies. Jon has done what he felt needed to keep his store "OPEN" and working and further more keep his workers paid. I respect this a lot. I have worked for several companies within this industry who when money gets tight they just stop sending checks. Regardless of what they have in a contract. This hurts people and families. Jon is very smart, he is getting things going. Soon the store will be moved to this new location and once the merger takes place www.carolinasrc.com will be fully stocked. Jon told me within the next few weeks customers should see the inventory levels go up! So hang in there! For the time being Jon has put plans in place to help customers as much as possible. You may try calling and asking about "drop" shipments. This meaning you order online/phone and the shipment comes direct from the distributor. He is also willing to work with customers on larger orders(price) in an attempt to help with theh inconvienence. The also offer the best discount codes online! That helps and when inventory rises these discounts will be in place for you guy!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've ordered plenty from Carolina's and they're not that great anymore. They've had my money on a backordered part for over 6 months,and now i don't have that car anymore so IF i ever get the part it will be useless to me.they completely messed up my reward point total ( i called and they gave me my points back, but these have an experation date) and i was going to get some pipes my LHS doesn't carry and they were backordered so instead of waiting for Carolina's backorder to come in i just told my LHS to order them and we got them cheaper too. Customers are the reason any company runs, treat them wrong and your company will not survive.
I also got my survey and told them the same thing i've said on here.
I've also called and tried to switch my backordered item to a different part and the woman told me they don't have that either.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

+1 To what both of you just said!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Prophet

i order most of my stuff from carolinarc and i order losi eight parts and tires and most of time when i order they have what i want in stock i get my parts in 3 days everytime love that and there prices are great compared to amain and others and there shipping prices is the best it sucks paying 8 to 9 dollars for shipping, and about lhs my closed 5 mouths ago yea it sucks but my opinion in what hurt the store the prices started to get to high and not enough deals and having things out of stock a lot of times espially tires and parts
Old 08-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bgbelden
I've ordered plenty from Carolina's and they're not that great anymore. They've had my money on a backordered part for over 6 months,and now i don't have that car anymore so IF i ever get the part it will be useless to me.they completely messed up my reward point total ( i called and they gave me my points back, but these have an experation date) and i was going to get some pipes my LHS doesn't carry and they were backordered so instead of waiting for Carolina's backorder to come in i just told my LHS to order them and we got them cheaper too. Customers are the reason any company runs, treat them wrong and your company will not survive.
I also got my survey and told them the same thing i've said on here.
I've also called and tried to switch my backordered item to a different part and the woman told me they don't have that either.

Belden, with all due respect keep in mind of the economy. Things are in a crunch. Carolinas is not "treating" customers anyway. Inventory has gone down and made it harder for the customer. Things will get back to normal. If you have reward points and they are close to expiring let me know. You can also just use them. Many people/shops don't offer reward points in the first place. Sometimes in situations like this people slip through the cracks. However, I am aware of your situation now. Please email me and let me know your order number of the back ordered part and what you would like in it's place. I'll make sure you get handled. But lets make sure your able to use your reward points right away, and get something in return for your backordered part right away.

My email is [email protected]
Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

I'm gonna stick to carolinas, find it to be a great shop, great service!
The few mishaps I've experienced have been sorted out just fine!

All in for the long haul!
Old 08-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Bren, looked through your orders. I tried to narrow down what you are waiting on. You have 5 orders total with carolinas. I seen one from march 19, that had a $1.69 CEN part on backorder, I also seen one that had a black losi wing on order. I'm assuming it's the CEN part since cody now is with his losi

If you need a losi part in place of that CEN part let me know what you need. I'll make sure it gets out. It also looks like you have 158 reward points for use anytime.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Belden, with all due respect keep in mind of the economy. Things are in a crunch. Carolinas is not "treating" customers anyway. Inventory has gone down and made it harder for the customer. Things will get back to normal. If you have reward points and they are close to expiring let me know. You can also just use them. Many people/shops don't offer reward points in the first place. Sometimes in situations like this people slip through the cracks. However, I am aware of your situation now. Please email me and let me know your order number of the back ordered part and what you would like in it's place. I'll make sure you get handled. But lets make sure your able to use your reward points right away, and get something in return for your backordered part right away.

My email is [email protected]
Now that's service!!

Alan, keep us updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.