Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default hey guys

hey hey i just got a jammin x2 and got to run it this weekend i love it just need to get a good setup put on it any advice would be great we run on a high traction medium dusty track thats pretty open, i would love to hear some setup info thanks a lot guys,
Old 05-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

type in jammin google search. then go to set ups.
www.jamminproducts.com

Last edited by bigmatt; 05-24-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: make to read
Old 05-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

If the track doesnt have a ton of big jumps, then tune your car for steering first, and pay attention to the toe-in/out and sway bar tension... It can net you a vehicle with maximum grip and will lead to better cornering speeds.. and you should make up a ton of time, as opposed to tuning for jumps if there are less than 3-4 big ones... Maybe even start with Chad's standard setup, and then play with those and maybe the shocks a bit... Little changes lead to big differences, so start with one at a time, and run a test motor just to determine setup first if you have one. Take your time and do it right.

jason
Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For all you guys who were interested, DE Racing has updated their website to include the new Jammin' BumpSkid. Here's the link:

http://deracing.net/sales.htm#jamminx_front
Old 06-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sugs
For all you guys who were interested, DE Racing has updated their website to include the new Jammin' BumpSkid. Here's the link:

http://deracing.net/sales.htm#jamminx_front
Very cool. Did they change it anyhow, do you know? or is it the same as the one for the 777? I liked it, but, I just didn't like the rear portion that went under the front chassis too much... It just didnt want to stay flush with the chassis, once it got some run-time on it, the plastic skid-plate rear portion would separate a bit and get dirt underneath a little too. If anyone has an easy solution/mod for this that looks clean and works, plz post pics. Just don't want the bumper hanging lower than the chassis...

Oh, and BTW - Finally had a strong finish at Rev last weekend... Qualifying sucked, but we ran three rounds, so I finally had a halfway decent round ending up 3rd on the grid... Grabbed a decent start, ending up only one car back and he crashed over a rolling tabletop, while trying to down-side it just perfectly... and I went right by...Never looked back... Ran 20 min, and led the whole thing. pitting at the 6 min. mark meant I came in one extra time too, but I pretty much lapped the whole field at one point... then a couple guys caught back up to the lead lap while I came in for one last splash, and started driving a little more conservatively, since I knew I should... Here were the final results...
Best Heat Lap/Time for BUGGY AMATEUR/EXPERT:
E RICKY RACER with 7/5:00.38

-- BUGGY AMATEUR/EXPERT - A Main --
Pos Car Laps time name id avg.mph
1 3 26 20:19.37 JASON GARROW 6 14.96
2 2 25 20:07.45 EVAN SHEA 9 14 14.30
4 7 24 20:00.93 LUC ELLIOTT 2 14.02
5 9 24 20:14.60 MATT RUPERT 24 13.86
6 10 23 20:23.32 CHRIS GIL 20 13.19
7 4 23 20:33.83 JIN CHOI 3 13.08
8 5 22 17:37.65 ANTHONY SMALLS 30 14.59
9 6 22 19:03.36 VINCENT NGUYEN 4 13.50
10 8 19 20:13.09 E MIKE HOLTSCLAW 8 10.99
11 1 6 4:42.58 E RICKY RACER 28 14.90
Old 06-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NsideLine
Very cool. Did they change it anyhow, do you know? or is it the same as the one for the 777? I liked it, but, I just didn't like the rear portion that went under the front chassis too much... It just didnt want to stay flush with the chassis, once it got some run-time on it, the plastic skid-plate rear portion would separate a bit and get dirt underneath a little too. If anyone has an easy solution/mod for this that looks clean and works, plz post pics. Just don't want the bumper hanging lower than the chassis...

Oh, and BTW - Finally had a strong finish at Rev last weekend... Qualifying sucked, but we ran three rounds, so I finally had a halfway decent round ending up 3rd on the grid... Grabbed a decent start, ending up only one car back and he crashed over a rolling tabletop, while trying to down-side it just perfectly... and I went right by...Never looked back... Ran 20 min, and led the whole thing. pitting at the 6 min. mark meant I came in one extra time too, but I pretty much lapped the whole field at one point... then a couple guys caught back up to the lead lap while I came in for one last splash, and started driving a little more conservatively, since I knew I should... Here were the final results...
Best Heat Lap/Time for BUGGY AMATEUR/EXPERT:
E RICKY RACER with 7/5:00.38

-- BUGGY AMATEUR/EXPERT - A Main --
Pos Car Laps time name id avg.mph
1 3 26 20:19.37 JASON GARROW 6 14.96
2 2 25 20:07.45 EVAN SHEA 9 14 14.30
4 7 24 20:00.93 LUC ELLIOTT 2 14.02
5 9 24 20:14.60 MATT RUPERT 24 13.86
6 10 23 20:23.32 CHRIS GIL 20 13.19
7 4 23 20:33.83 JIN CHOI 3 13.08
8 5 22 17:37.65 ANTHONY SMALLS 30 14.59
9 6 22 19:03.36 VINCENT NGUYEN 4 13.50
10 8 19 20:13.09 E MIKE HOLTSCLAW 8 10.99
11 1 6 4:42.58 E RICKY RACER 28 14.90

Congrats on the win!

Anyway, I don't know what difference there might be between the Kyosho and Jammin ones as I never tried the Kyosho. There is a very slight gap on mine where the back of the plate doesn't touch the chassis, maybe .5mm. I've only got one race on it and didn't get any dirt underneath it, will have to watch it. Maybe a small short button head screw tapped in the center part would be enough to suck it up to the chassis?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Initiate

new wrap for my X2, no paint all wrap
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' X2 Buggy-x2_wrap_1.jpg  
Old 06-08-2009, 08:20 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Ran my X2 conversion yesterday and its like night and day!! Soooo much faster!!! A little twitchy but I have to make some changes. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

useful thread
Old 06-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mc_knijver
new wrap for my X2, no paint all wrap
That's a cool wrap, who makes it?

Originally Posted by JUD
Ran my X2 conversion yesterday and its like night and day!! Soooo much faster!!! A little twitchy but I have to make some changes. Any recommendations? Thanks.
What setup are you running? Did you have your X1 for a long time? Personally I'd run it a few more race days to make sure I was used to it, familiar with it. It drives so different from the old car, way quicker in every way. It took a little while for my reflexes to catch up with the new car and for me to know what it was going to do in race situations. Now that I'm used to it, the car doesn't seem as twitchy as when I first switched over.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 AM
JUD
Tech Master

That's a cool wrap, who makes it?

What setup are you running? Did you have your X1 for a long time? Personally I'd run it a few more race days to make sure I was used to it, familiar with it. It drives so different from the old car, way quicker in every way. It took a little while for my reflexes to catch up with the new car and for me to know what it was going to do in race situations. Now that I'm used to it, the car doesn't seem as twitchy as when I first switched over.
Yeah I had it for over a year. It turns very well. Im running 5-5-3 in the diffs. Blue and white springs 40w front 35w rear. Maybe i need to try to get used to thhis setup?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JUD
Yeah I had it for over a year. It turns very well. Im running 5-5-3 in the diffs. Blue and white springs 40w front 35w rear. Maybe i need to try to get used to thhis setup?

Sounds like you're running Chad's setup, or something close to it. I tried to run his setup for about 6 race days and was just never comfortable with it. It was especially hard to drive in loose conditions, like when the track would dry out. Freshly watered track and it was fine. I decided to give Matt Gosch's setup a try and I like it much better, or at least I seem to be more consistent with it. Don't get me wrong, car is still very agressive, I'm just able to handle it a little better. I also softened the clutch some, so it wouldn't bite so hard when it engaged.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:35 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Sounds like you're running Chad's setup, or something close to it. I tried to run his setup for about 6 race days and was just never comfortable with it. It was especially hard to drive in loose conditions, like when the track would dry out. Freshly watered track and it was fine. I decided to give Matt Gosch's setup a try and I like it much better, or at least I seem to be more consistent with it. Don't get me wrong, car is still very agressive, I'm just able to handle it a little better. I also softened the clutch some, so it wouldn't bite so hard when it engaged.
Whats the differnce between their settings? Im using 1.0 springs.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JUD
A lot from what I remember seeing... Go to the website...

I run basically Chad's setup (since he built the car, I just left most of it alone...) but I have done a few things just to try em out, and some are stuff he's done since his setup was posted there as well, that have worked for the better too... I went to the aluminum towers, as they are a bit more durable, and the car doesn't lose any advantages with the slight weight gain. I went to the alum. rear hubs too... and they are a bit wider at the lower pin, and if you put them in the forward position, they work well. And I would rather have the strength there too, and again, not much heavier. I added the alum. rear wing cross-bars, just for strength/looks, and there is a one-piece motor mount that is extremely hard to find, but was once designed for the new car (X2) but then scrapped for the two-piece mounts, as it positioned the engine block further inward, and you have to slightly trim the corner of the inside motor mount to avoid it just barely touching on the center-rear driveshaft. It's so slight though, that I don't mind barely shaving the corner off the mount to use it. "Right now I'm borrowing it though, until Jay finds me one hopefully!"

But I've tried a few different spring combo's and always came back to the stock blue-front, white-rear setup Chad runs. It works the best all-around. I see no need to use stiffer or lighter springs at either end. It just feels right...

I am a B-team driver, and run mainly at Revelation, and venture out to a few other tracks like Thunder Alley and ARC when I get a chance, or there's a bigger event, and for me the X2 has been awesome so far. I won (see above) two weekends ago, and TQ'd last Sat. by about 5 sec. (And showed up late and just threw the car out and ran the fastest time of the day in the class... with 0 practice besides warmup...) Then I was leading the first couple laps of the main until I got a little crooked off this off-set group of different sized jumps, which isn't too uncommon for that section of the track, and came down wrong, and the front driveshaft popped out, and my day was over...

I've been having this happen with the front-left driveshaft when coming down off big jumps, and/or landing slightly crooked and the driveshaft just comes out of the diff and jams itself up in there.

Does anyone ever have this problem, and if so, what causes it? Too much up-travel? Is there a simple solution? I haven't ever had it happen on the other side, and it seems that the left DS sits a bit more shallow in the diff cup, but I can't determine why... I have my diff spaced with two washers on each side just as Chad had it when I first pulled it apart...

I appreciate any help...

Jason
Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JUD
try to install the clutch the other way, you will be able to feel the didfference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.