Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
what would cause a engine to burn all it's fuel no matter how rich the settings? >

what would cause a engine to burn all it's fuel no matter how rich the settings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what would cause a engine to burn all it's fuel no matter how rich the settings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default what would cause a engine to burn all it's fuel no matter how rich the settings?

Now matter how rich i put the settings on my picco .26 outlaw it burns it all. And is running over 300 degrees. Of course half of the piston skirt is broke off

does anyone know the correct head shimming for this engine?
Old 04-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Prophet

sounds like you have a leak somewhere man, if its 300 degrees and its tuned rich than there is a leak .
Old 04-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What do you mean "burns all it's fuel"?
Man, you sure do have alot of problems
with nitro engines.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

no man no no. It's cool buddy!! This was a old busted engine with a busted up piston. I replaced the rod. It is ment to punish. All my other engines are race engines.

Air leak huh? doesn't really matter. I do not care about this engine much.

it is an expieriment!!! i was having fun!!!

da da dadadad da da da fun fun yipppeeee!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
no man no no. It's cool buddy!! This was a old busted engine with a busted up piston. I replaced the rod. It is ment to punish. All my other engines are race engines.

Air leak huh? doesn't really matter. I do not care about this engine much.

it is an expieriment!!! i was having fun!!!

da da dadadad da da da fun fun yipppeeee!
If it doesnt really matter, why make another thread? Do you even race? It seems like you like to tinker with the engines more then you like to race. You do know even you have the fastest baddest kick ass engine in the world, you still have to know how to wheel it.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by portyansky
If it doesnt really matter, why make another thread? Do you even race? It seems like you like to tinker with the engines more then you like to race. You do know even you have the fastest baddest kick ass engine in the world, you still have to know how to wheel it.
Like people driving around in Ferraris knows how to use them properly? Or even ever tries?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

sorry. Look, yes i race at my local club and yes i want this motor to run when i am not at the track so i can save my better engines for the track. This was the first nitro motor i ever had and it threw a rod. When it did it broke parts of the bottom of the piston off. It's not scratched, bearings are good and so is the crank. SO i put a new rod in.

But it over 300 degrees and would like to get some imput that''s all. No harm done. Yeah i don't care much for this engine but i still want it to run right. I am going to resleeve it too.

My local track just closed as well. He won't have a new one till the end of may
Old 04-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

disonect both fuel lines pinch one withur finger and blow into the other one, i bet u got a leak in ur tank, that there will make it run real lean, most of the times it would be a cracked tank or bad O ring on the tank lid, first place i would check before checkin for air leaks on the motor
Old 04-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

good thinking skidoos!!! think i will try it. but i think i will plug one end and submerge the tank in water then blow.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

What is ur first name?? Don't ever remember meetin u at action, and I am there REGULARLY. So......
Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Engine

Where is the piston broke? If it is the lower skirt and it is on the exhaust port side, that is where your fuel problem is. When this happens and the piston is at TDC, the fuel charge in the crank case is vulnerable to being lost out the exhaust.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

yeah man. It's really a messed up engine. When the rod blew it blew out parts of the piston on two sides. I know it's the crankcase volume/timing that is doing this and its ok. It still screams and stays around 260 so it's ok. I have to hike my endpoints on my throtle just a hair to let it idle right. Can use the idle screw because i have to be able to control the ilde so it won't die.

I might resleeve it. Or i could just get another motor for my other buggy.

I am surprised that it even runs at all.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sounds like its time for a new motor. Even replacing the piston and sleeve still leaves you with used bearings and possibly a warn crank shaft pin. With most budget motors in the $100-$150 range it might just be a better idea to pick something elese up then keeping this one going.