Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*NEW* WILDFIRE D06 Touring Car from VBC RACING

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I see posts about going back to standard size shocks. What conditions make it better to use the longer shocks instead of the TBB shocks.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its more the longer springs rather than the shocks. The original 25mm springs seem to work better on asphalt for me. Think the short springs are ok for carpet.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
Here is something from a previous page to address your question.
When I do my droop I use the droop blocks then I use a vernier going from the top off the wheel nut thread to the board.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lycan
Its more the longer springs rather than the shocks. The original 25mm springs seem to work better on asphalt for me. Think the short springs are ok for carpet.
Thanks for the info.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lycan
Agreed. The longer springs will be a little more "plush" feeling. The shorter springs tend to be more aggressive but work killer on carpet.

If you guys want a short spring that feels like a long spring, check into the Ride short big bore springs. Ride worked really hard to get those springs to have characteristics like their longer springs.

On another note, we had a good weekend at the Reedy Race! I'll have a more detailed report hopefully tonight.

-Korey
Old 05-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Agreed. The longer springs will be a little more "plush" feeling. The shorter springs tend to be more aggressive but work killer on carpet.

If you guys want a short spring that feels like a long spring, check into the Ride short big bore springs. Ride worked really hard to get those springs to have characteristics like their longer springs.

On another note, we had a good weekend at the Reedy Race! I'll have a more detailed report hopefully tonight.

-Korey
You guys were going really well at the Reedy, I would be really interested to hear what changes you made from a kit setup car during the race week.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

My setup should be posted shortly on gridworksracing.com
Old 05-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scoyle
You guys were going really well at the Reedy, I would be really interested to hear what changes you made from a kit setup car during the race week.
Oddly enough, my setup started to gravitate more and more towards the kit setup as the week went on. The track demands a car that transitions extremely well, and the kit setup does that well if there is enough grip.

-Korey
Old 05-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Gents I need a little advise

If I use a standard 10mm Hudy droop block and measure droop under the pin on the front arm I can set it to the normal 5-6 for indoor carpet

What would you be setting the rear to under the hoop if I wanted the standard 4-5 droop?

I hope that makes sense lol
To do this, I always took the hub off! I have now decided to use the centre of the pin on my setup board as taking the hub off was a right pain!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

-Korey
Which Ride springs are a rated like the VBC springs ie: Orange=? Red=? and so on if you know. Just don't want to purchase all of them if I do not need to...lol Congrats to you guys you all did very well!! I hope you were happy with you results! Thanks for your time...
Old 05-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
My setup should be posted shortly on gridworksracing.com
Looking forward to seeing that Randy. Your car looked dialed all week!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BigCheezy
Which Ride springs are a rated like the VBC springs ie: Orange=? Red=? and so on if you know. Just don't want to purchase all of them if I do not need to...lol Congrats to you guys you all did very well!! I hope you were happy with you results! Thanks for your time...
Use the following link for reference:

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/1-10...pringChart.pdf

Happy Racing!

-Korey
Old 05-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow, we have finally recuperated a bit from the 2014 Reedy Touring Car International Race of Champions.

Both Gridworks Racing and the VBC Racing Team had some excellent results with the Wildfire D06. In fact, there were 3 Wildfire D06s in the A-Main!

I would like to congratulate Randy Caster, Korey Harbke and Fred Hubbard for making it into the show and driving consistently well all weekend and showing exactly what the VBC Wildfire D06 is capable of!

Here are a few shots of mine from RROC:

A3 Run:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Randy's setup SHOULD be posted later this evening.

Last edited by Gridworks Racing; 05-29-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks again to Gridworks Racing for making sure I had everything I needed not just at Reedy, but leading up to the race as well. Looking forward to getting some even better results once I can get to the track and practice a bit more. Felt like we were up against the clock getting prepared for Reedy but the D06 has been dialed for me since day 1 and that has made things much easier.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You are welcome for me pitting next to you

Car looked great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.