Wiki Posts
Search

BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Ive been reading a book called " The 50 th law " by 50 Cent and Robert Greene.

Its a story of the Rapper 50 Cent, his early days as a hustler , gangster and later musician. it tells how he scraped a living from the streets and after years of hard work managed to get a record deal ! you can imagine he was home and hosed, poised for fame and fortune ! But, the night before his debut release he was shot 9 times in the back of a car ... you can immagine that dampened the spirit a bit .. his record label dumped him soon after and he was left barely alive in a hospital bed with 9 holes in him. He had to hide because he was afraid of them coming to finish him off ... a year later he emerged with a song he released called " Fuck You " it was an in your face retort to the very people that tried to kill him and his dreams.

you might be asking what the hell does this have to do with fuel ? , nothing on a physical level but metaphorically it has everything to do with it ... I remember when i first made fuel and used it , i was pretty happy with its results etc. i raced at the track for a while and had great results , i was really having fun ! i loved racing my car and tuning and even modifying the engine, i made a lot of friends .. then one day i came to the track with a label on my fuel bottle and a MassiveMods logo ... lol ( i still have that bottle) i was very proud to have that label on there .. and i was really surprised at the response i got from it ... i went from having a lot of friends to eventually being the black sheep .. all because i went out and made my own fuel .. and put a label on it . Regardless of how well i went in racing , without flameouts and even doing really well in point score racing , the rumours started BEFORE I EVER LET ANYONE TRY IT !!! So to say i was doomed before i started was an understatement. It did not matter what i was using there was always an excuse from someone as to why it wouldnt work or that it was bad for the engine etc.., all from people that had no idea how to even make fuel !!! wow ! yet i was using that very fuel and had great results ! It made me look at people very differently and try to understand them a bit more, i was perplexed by this phenomena, but i realise that you usually meet with resistance without cause when people fear you or what you bring to the table . at the end of the day you cant please everyone and some people are so bored with their lives that all they can do is try to drag others down to their level. and yes its still happening even with so much proof to the contrary. So right now its water off a ducks back. I dosent affect me at all , in fact its causing a huge sympathy vote as many see this sort of drudgery as sad. Im excited because for the first time i sold out of A Main fuel in 2 days ! instead of the usual 5 to 6 day turn around thats about 300 litres in 2 days !! . today a guy came in who usually runs HB444 , he mentioned that he read this thread .. he said im curious about A Main fuel, so i told him all about it ! he walked out with my last 2, 4 litre bottles of A Main C2 blue dot !

This is what ive learned about the forums , when you think it looks bad dont worry because negatives always turn into positives in the hands of a person with direction in his life. And i dont believe in staying away from the forums , i feel thats where i started .. and thats where i get to keep in touch with whats going on and my best way to support an ever growing mass of supporters in a most efficient way. you see someone out there will learn something from all this and thats a good thing !

Getting Back to 50 Cent , he later became famous not because he was destined to but because he used all the negative energy thrown at him and turned it into a positive ! the very people that tried to stop him were the very reason he became a success ! I bet their guts turn every time they hear a 50 cent song on the radio

Dave , peace to you my friend ! you are always welcome to stop by and have a beer at my shop. I know your words arent you , its just your stuff. Ill be the bigger man and apologise for any stress i may have caused you .

Cheers MM

Owning and operating a business will have their highs/lows but defending your hard work is important it take so much time and investment others don't realize these things since they work a normal 8-4 job. Making things right while extending customer service will create a strong and loyal following.

Everyone make mistakes (not implying) but taking a chance while living your dreams while enjoying ones career is a rarity. No opinions on Go or MM fuel but as mentioned curiosity has sparked interest it has made me research the new GO line

Also MM has offered a apology that's respectability right / wrong it doesnt matter TRUST me he understand everyone's concerns but since you folks live in the same location its best to enjoy the HOBBY and MOVE on !!!!! Take his offer stop by have a beer its FREE that's a great incentive

Good Luck
Old 11-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

props to Massive for the "olive branch".

i'm not gonna give my 2 cents worth cos it'd probably amount to $4.60 lol

end of the day you can't change peoples minds once there already made up!

but forever is a long time.......

i mean Jeez Craig Lowndes has gone back to Holden..........
Old 11-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Orange SA
Thats why Adam Alexander has had 3 podiums from 3 major events this year running GO motors and Amians Fuels?

1st Truggy Vic Titles
2nd Truggy Nats
3rd Truggy ACT Titles
Thats great for Adam, he deserves it.

But how many motors has he done? I have seen him snap a crank in warm up.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

when my bearing went after 3 litres of Amain...Mark told me that it was GRP fault and nothing to do with the fuel. this fuel was consumed in 48 hrs in a new motor prior to a race day

after a few emails back and forth with Mark and the engine importer. I had the motor repaired at my costs. as nether would admit any kind of responsibility { not surprising} and blamed each others product, or me the end user

I think that that poster here that pointed out that the Massive Mods fuel is inconsistent has hit it on the head. as Ive known drivers having no problem with amain, yet two benches down out of a different bottle drivers are having bearing issues.

also I have a quote from mark saying there is no need to run after run oil when using amain fuel , he also accused me of being a

quote" bitch with a skinned knee. Grow up Tommo " end quote.
...also something about me having kids etc

all this after recommending his HB 444, but saying that MY. Grp had issues with Amain..

this all happened around the same time frame as the now apparent issues with the motors at Liverpool club and other places around the country... .

up until Mark posted a very damning post against me on my own club forum, I was the best of friend with the Massive mods brand...not now though im afraid..

also Im supprised that Massive Mods would use his customers as guinea pigs for Amain fuel...

Im over it now. but after reading so many posts here and on other Aussie forums.
I thought id share my experience

Ive met mark quite a few times, and had beer/meals with him. i also considered him a mate inside this circle of RC buddies we all have. i did get my fuel for free too at one stage...pity it all had to go the way it did really as we was mates for a long while

Last edited by tommo; 11-11-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommo
when my bearing went after 3 litres of Amain...Mark told me that it was GRP fault and nothing to do with the fuel. this fuel was consumed in 48 hrs in a new motor prior to a race day

after a few emails back and forth with Mark and the engine importer. I had the motor repaired at my costs. as nether would admit any kind of responsibility { not surprising} and blamed each others product, or me the end user

I think that that poster here that pointed out that the Massive Mods fuel is inconsistent has hit it on the head. as Ive known drivers having no problem with amain, yet two bench down of a different bottle drivers are having bearing issues.

also I have a quote from mark saying there is no need to run after run oil when using amain fuel , he also accused me of being a

quote" bitch with a skinned knee. Grow up Tommo " end quote.
...also something about me having kids etc

all this after recommending his HB 444, but saying that MY. Grp had issues with Amain..

this all happened around the same time frame as the now apparent issues with the motors at Liverpool club and other places around the country... .

up until Mark posted a very damning post against me on my own club forum, I was the best of friend with the Massive mods brand...not now though im afraid..

also Im supprised that Massive Mods would use his customers as guinea pigs for Amain fuel...

Im over it now. but after reading so many posts here and on other Aussie forums.
I thought id share my experience

Ive met mark quite a few times, and had beer/meals with him. i also considered him a mate inside this circle of RC buddies we all have. i did get my fuel for free too at one stage...pity it all had to go the way it did really as we was mates for a long while

Its interesting to hear of your amain experiance and it just adds to the long list of others that have seen the same issues that are related solely to amain fuel 100%

Dont worry i was qouted from Mark only about three weeks ago that "os speeds only last 4/5 litres" when i asked him why on amain fuel they only last 4 litres and blow up, He did not relise it but that was one of the last lines of hes bull$hit i was ever going to listen too!.. So with that i went to another hobby shop to buy some real fuel from a real manufacture.. And what do you know but at that store i met even more unhappy mm customers... beleive me there seems to be a pattern emerging here tommo and i am glad i am putting a well made fuel thru my new Nova now

I also could not agree more about the consistancy... from day one simple things like not been able to have fuel the same colour gave me cause for concerns

I think the real undoing was when mark released the +2 castor fuel thou.. after telling every one how castor was not needed and priding himself on that fact.. And yes both myself and friends have been qouted on more than one ocasion that you dont need to use after run when using amain fuel, However after a recent phonecall a friend of mine had with mark i hear mark has changed hes tune on that one now

Man i allwase like marks fuel prices also.. Matter of fact i found he undercut he,s dealers which seemed a bit odd to me but hey i did not mind

And dont worry about the comments you received from mark and been out of pocket... your not alone man

I race with 15 + guys every second weekend that used to use hes fuel and now would not go anywear near it for the simple fact it kept blowing there engines/ bearings... I think it is starting to catch up with him unfortuanatly

We all know he could never admit to the stuff up ... so be prepaired for more bull$hit my friend as thats all mark can do from here on in and seems to be what he knows best sad to say

Dave
Old 11-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

one of the biggest problems I had was the yellow residue that was left behind, I had to scrap it off with a plastic instrument. I so wish id taken pictures of that. all this after 3 litres...

another driver at our club who i supplied some Amain to for testing also had residue problems.
the motor was an RB and he was trying to start it on the box, it seemed like it had done a rod or something like that, as it was almost solid, we took the back plate off, inside it was gummed up with the yellow residue......Many were witness to that ,again only a couple or so litres of amain were used there too.

look
I actually liked mark quite a LOT
I started my relationship with him when we were runing CMB engines. and always ran HB444, I thought that was a good fuel, and surprisingly i still do.

but its the alternative stories and information that mark gives that are his undoing. for
for example, the cmb motors used to do Rods like an old granny busts knees in a fall.
but nothing was ever blamed on the engines at the time. it was only a couple of years later that it was admitted that he Rods were at fault, and was known all along to be that case.
we also sent motors in for repair, twice the motors came back with missing head screws..just another thing to add to the list..I also ignored all of this, and continued my support of Massive

please remember that my son and I had only just entered the hobby, and we took all information we could get back then as gospel, so we were certain it was our lack of knowledge that was the issue...turns out it wasn't.

so its with all of this background history, that has now given me an opinion on the massive mods brands and fuel.

I still like the bloke though really. and mark would be a top bloke to have a beer with etc. I know Massive mods still has a good following, and im happy about,
I'm only posting this information for marks benefit really, just so perhaps next time he will think twice before he allows all of this to happen again , also I wasnt aware of this thread until recently, as i was pointed here by a driver that knew I'd had problems

i think that his retaliation towards me was a knee jerk reaction, after hearing that Id been slagging off the fuel to all the club drivers, the fact was, Id informed the WA importer of my experience, and two other mates that were using it...all the time telling them to keep it to themselves. as in all good Consciousness I couldn't not say nothing to them. as it was me that introduced these drivers to amain.

if anyone would like to view this threads.

http://www.radiorally.org.au/forum/v...=1015&start=60

http://www.radiorally.org.au/forum/v...t=grp&start=40

Last edited by tommo; 11-11-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've found this to be an interesting and entertaining thread. The one pattern I have noticed is that rc skyline obviously has a problem with a certain product but lacks any real proof. If so many motors have died due to this product, show us some real proof, pics or something not just BS, he said she said rubbish written by a kewboard warrior who can't back things up with proof.
I dont use any of the products named in this thread but for some one to say such n such is talking Bulls$it they should at least be able to back it up with some sort of proof not just bla bla told me and bla bla siad this and bla bla hates or will not use this.
PROOF MAN !!!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by H9_nutter
I've found this to be an interesting and entertaining thread. The one pattern I have noticed is that rc skyline obviously has a problem with a certain product but lacks any real proof. If so many motors have died due to this product, show us some real proof, pics or something not just BS, he said she said rubbish written by a kewboard warrior who can't back things up with proof.
I dont use any of the products named in this thread but for some one to say such n such is talking Bulls$it they should at least be able to back it up with some sort of proof not just bla bla told me and bla bla siad this and bla bla hates or will not use this.
PROOF MAN !!!

I think here lies the problem with these fuel versus bad bearing topics, as it very difficult to get definitive proof of what is really to blame for us average blokes. i suppose you base your opinions on your own experiences , and that of others..

but here's some pictures for you..this motor according to the poster was only ran on amain fuel..Massive determined it needed a New piston/rod/sleeve, rear bearing and a crank polish

thread is located here http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthrea...=13633&page=16

these crank were taken from a GRP motor. the top one ran only sidewinder. and had about 6 litres and no maintence done to it with afterun etc. the bottom crank is mine after 3 litres of Amain. also there was no dirt ingression before anyone asks

Last edited by tommo; 11-11-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know what your saying about the discolouration.. i would call it more an orange colour, My nova that has seen 4 litres of Meccamo fuel looks like new inside with no discololouration what so ever

And beleive it or not the engine you have posted the pics on is about 2 litres old max!.. I am yet to hear as to why it need a new rod/sleeve/piston set.. seems a bit odd to me and yeah its an amian fuel engine... anyway that guy would have gotton warranty if mark has stuck by hes policy of go engine/ amain fuel

H9 nutter, what would you like as proof?... i could post pictures of any blown engines and say its amain, would you call that proof?

Perhaps you have not read some of the posts in this thread is all i can say mate, For me the proof is in the fact that i know guys including myself that on amain fuel could not keep there engines from failing!, Soon as they ditched the amain they had no more problems... If thats not good enough proof for you thats fine but its well good enough for me and more than a handfull of others shall i say

One post stated that they ran two of the same engines thru the same amount of fuel... one amain and the other another fuel... the amain one lasted 3 litres and the bearing was shot, If you think that i am lying or making it all up along with the other people that have had the same problems mate thats fine as your well entitled to your opinion

Dave
Old 11-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What a soap opra......Glad all those problems are down unda But how long are you going to beat a dead horse. Your not happy with the fuel OK move on get a different fuel and be done. I keep reading about a long list of people disappointed at the fuel but I dont see any of them backing you up and telling there stories here but maybe 1 other person. But dont get me wrong on a boring evening this is great to read very entertaining better than watching the ol TV.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

tommo that crank picture proves nothing mate the only thing that can possably be a sign of is nitro been left in any engine for a period of time and storing any fuel with a nitro content then your crank will may start to rust mate will do this and any fuel will discolor the inside of a engine when the back plate is removed
Old 11-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H9_nutter
PROOF MAN !!!
Lol there are many people who could back him up, however after Mark threatened people with legal action (including myself) it has caused them to go quiet. I know I haven't said much but I can back up these claims... I've seen it all. I don't really care that Mark said he wants to sue me because the way he went about it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life, I laughed more than I was scared.

Not to mention he took it back and said he was never going to do it... Anyways... I'm afraid Tommo's ''claims'' are correct.

Cheers
Old 11-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All this happened a long time ago,and i was 1 of the guys who had some dramas with it, although the guys who use amain fuel now seem to be getting good results with it, albeit a different mix.

Im over it now anyway ,and am very happy with the fuel i use now

Oh and btw Os bearings do last longer than 5 litres.

Last edited by juzza99; 11-12-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Rookie

i for one back skyline as well,i was using massive mods HB444 with no problems,then i went on to A Main and yes within 2 litres i had bearing issues also at about the same time, i have seen OS,RB,GO,Siro,Nova all having problems and yes they all were using A main,i also seen a Go 3port engine crankcase crack in half after the rear bearing clapsed at the Australian NSW state Titles.all this can not be a coincidence and what gave it away was when he brought out A Main C2,why bring this fuel out if the A Main is the best fuel going around and your factory driver is using C2 instead of straight A main (very sus).In my opinion the manufacturer could not get A main of the market because then people would of been suspicious even more.

Originally Posted by rc skyline

When my all but new go tech 5 port blew up that driver said to me "dont go showing anyone the engine will you".. You see Mark its the crap like that that i am sick of... you can only cover up so much and be un truthfull to a certian degree and the more it happens the more people like myself will jack up

Cheers

Dave
so you are not the first person his put that on i see,Shame Flanno Shame.

i had no intention on joining this formum but when people started to ask where is the other,that when i wanted to say what i did
Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
tommo that crank picture proves nothing mate the only thing that can possably be a sign of is nitro been left in any engine for a period of time and storing any fuel with a nitro content then your crank will may start to rust mate will do this and any fuel will discolor the inside of a engine when the back plate is removed

yeah Matt your right mate.. Ive no idea about the two pictures with the crank still in the motor..but the other one is mine..and that I do know about.

the residue after only three litres was unreal mate. and all of this in under 48 hours. it was done on a Friday arvo, then a Saturday, raced it Sunday, then stripped it..

as I say.I should have taken pictures..but neglected to do so

the other chap who's motor gummed to point of not being able to turn over is Rick ....so ask him when you see him next..we both used HB 444 for about three years prior to this

when all the shit was flying back a few months ago..I think I even read somewhere that people were not recommending the amain as a run in fuel, due to the fact the piston wouldn't lap in correctly as the oil protected it too much....but not the rear bearings, as to why that is..I dunno mate. perhaps its got nothing to do with the oil. but either bad methanol or Nitro...

I don't know all the people that are posting here and else where and i cant say if they are making it up. Matt....you know me. and I don't complain. or make noise if its not warranted

i expect mark has fixed the fuel now...of that im sure....Ive known others to have bad nitro that has killed motors..so it does happen..perhaps this was the case...I cant say...but as a driver that's done everything right, and been told that its either his fault or a third party..you get on a merry go round of blame ..i got off that and fixed the engine, which i still have and use...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.