Wiki Posts
Search

Yellow Corrugated Tubing

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Yellow Corrugated Tubing

Does anyone know where the tracks that have the yellow tubing are getting theirs from? We are looking to do the same here and I cannot find a source for any.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Do a search, someone else asked that and I posted like 5 different places to get it
Old 04-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

care to give me a hint on the key words. Ive tried yellow and corrugated and tubing with no luck
Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do a search for corrugated drainpipe. Make sure it's UV resistant, or it will get very brittle very fast in the sun.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Smith90
care to give me a hint on the key words. Ive tried yellow and corrugated and tubing with no luck
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...nitro-pit.html
Old 04-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.baughmantile.com/polycap1.htm
Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

coragated or acordian like conduit
Old 04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

You may also check your local lumber yard, I've seen it there before and I personally have bought it at places like farm and fleet or tractor supply type places if you have those around your area...hopes this helps
Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sleek
You may also check your local lumber yard, I've seen it there before and I personally have bought it at places like farm and fleet or tractor supply type places if you have those around your area...hopes this helps
Sleek, have you seen the yellow stuff at Farm n Fleet or Tractor supply. I've only seen the black stuff at the stores by me.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Our track is at a public park and they had it around the fences for the baseball fields but they started getting wasp nests in them so they gave us a bunch for the track
Old 04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just curious, what are the advantages over the yellow pipe over the white pipe and 3" corrugated pipe? Right now our track has the 3" black flex pipe and over 6 weekends it has gotten torn apart in some areas. We have the white pipe and that should be much better as well as more visible, so why would you want the yellow pipe over the white pipe?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Baughman Tile Co. is who makes the yellow corrugated tubing. The stuff you want for an r/c track is the 4" non-perforated:

http://www.baughmantile.com/nonperforated.htm

Their price is $0.35/foot if you go there and get it direct. It doesn't matter if you get a 100 foot or 250 foot roll, or if you get 1 roll or 20 rolls. Its a straight up $0.35/foot, so its easy to figure out how much it costs.

If you don't want to drive there and live in the midwest, Carter Lumber is one of their distributors. http://www.carterlumber.com They have stores around the northern midwest. Generally it is marked up 40-50% at hardware stores though, so going direct is your best bet. I was able to fit 9 rolls of 250' tubing in a 16x7 foot trailer and the bed of my truck.

If you don't live around there, ask your hardware store if they can get product from Baughman Tile. Otherwise, it is often marked under the "Poly-Drain" line of products in their catalogs. Its the same stuff from the same place.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for the great information.
I am doing a track at Michigan International Speedway in May and this is just what I needed to help make it happen.

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
Baughman Tile Co. is who makes the yellow corrugated tubing. The stuff you want for an r/c track is the 4" non-perforated:

http://www.baughmantile.com/nonperforated.htm

Their price is $0.35/foot if you go there and get it direct. It doesn't matter if you get a 100 foot or 250 foot roll, or if you get 1 roll or 20 rolls. Its a straight up $0.35/foot, so its easy to figure out how much it costs.

If you don't want to drive there and live in the midwest, Carter Lumber is one of their distributors. http://www.carterlumber.com They have stores around the northern midwest. Generally it is marked up 40-50% at hardware stores though, so going direct is your best bet. I was able to fit 9 rolls of 250' tubing in a 16x7 foot trailer and the bed of my truck.

If you don't live around there, ask your hardware store if they can get product from Baughman Tile. Otherwise, it is often marked under the "Poly-Drain" line of products in their catalogs. Its the same stuff from the same place.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We use the yellow on our track, and it was way more expensive then the black or white. It also seems to feel thinner then the others. It does look cool, but we are planning to start switching to the white this summer, as we replace the yellow that's worn out.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My track switched to 80mm and 100mm mooring rope. Very easy on the cars, and doesn't mind cold, heat or the sun. And it lasts forever. It's been down two years now, and still looks great.