Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
I just read where this car is banned from the Byron' challenge race coming up. Seems the DM1 flat chassis is ok , but they don't want anyone else to play.
why was the car banned?

I am looking into the electric version of this chassis for mostly local club racing, nothing serious... who knows, maybe someday I can give bassman a run for his money
Old 09-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This car is ABSOLUTELY LEGAL for the GT8 class. Bill, I am looking forward to your challenge .
Old 09-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
why was the car banned?

I am looking into the electric version of this chassis for mostly local club racing, nothing serious... who knows, maybe someday I can give bassman a run for his money
This car is ABSOLUTELY LEGAL for the GT8 class. Bill, I am looking forward to your challenge.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bassman2
This car is ABSOLUTELY LEGAL for the GT8 class. Bill, I am looking forward to your challenge.
Glad to hear that Andy!

I really like the corvette body that ships with it, plus I learned the electric version has a locked center diff which should help minimize some of the maintenance by only having 2 gear diffs to rebuild:

Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been racing the GT8 version for 6 months now and I have had some one-way issues on the two speed. They have slipped or failed . I love the way the car drives and have enjoyed racing it. This past weekend I noticed that suddenly my diffs are tightening up by themselves. I tore them down and didn't see any reason for them to do that. I'll keep working with them to see what's causing this . Not coming down on the car in general it has worked very well. I have the local track record with it and have shaved nearly .5 second off my lap times with my Inferno. If anyone has had these issues , please post up and tell me what you have done to correct this or let me know I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

That Corvette is awesome looking...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

IGT Hobbies is now an official Team C dealer. We will be adding parts to the site over the next few weeks, and will have all parts in stock within a few weeks as well. Most of Team IGT Hobbies will be driving these cars, so look for them at all major races.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Hey guys Lets get this thread up and going again! I run for Team C USA and also own RCShox.com anyone that knows of me knows that i have a knack for engineering, designing and machining custom parts. I am headed to FL (from TX) for the Pan Am nats in january.

Spooky and I have been going back and forth via PM about the one way issue , rest assured it will be fixed "one way" or another

GT8 and nitro are new to me, my claim to fame has been my dominance in F1 over the past 4 years:
Texaseos.net
UF1houston.com ( i am the originator)

Today is the first day to get the car on the track, i am leaving in about an hour!
my first set up is as follows: GT8L
Alpha soft tires
1000wt shock oil
RCShox 2 stage pistons
100k front fluid
10k rear fluid
Alpha 5port buggy engine (OS XZ-R speed on the way!)
everything else is kit standard

I will chime back in this afternoon with a follow up!

I also have the Audi R8 LM body that i am working on too!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Looks very nice Marcus, can't wait to run with you for the next EOS, though I went with a DM1e to run locally, just doesn't make sense to run nitro when our mains are only 5-10 minutes here in Austin.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

That is bad-axx!!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

See the car in action on a race track at the famous German Hockenheimring.

http://www.bigscaler.de/forum/member...uehweincup.jpg

http://www.bigscaler.de/forum/member...uehweincup.jpg

By the way, it is the brushless version.

Last edited by C@T; 12-13-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

OK just got home from shakedown runs, i went through about 5 tanks today and not a scratch on the body! definately needs some adjusting as there are a few things that need to be addressed.

I didnt like the 100k in the front, most are running 300k on the serpents but i felt a Serpent dif and mine at 100k feels thicker than the Serpents so i am going to drop to 50k.

On the 5th tank i chewed up the main gear, when i installed the motor i pushed it as far into the mesh as i could so it looks like i need to do some chassis grinding to get a proper mesh.

I recommend immediately replacing the servo horns, they are all soft and mind didnt last very long at all. Bad news is that if it chews up the spline while you are under braking your throttle will be close to wide open (ask me how i know!!)

Handling wise i didnt really do to much chassis tuning was more concerned with the motor and making sure screws stayed tight!! but i will say that with the body off the car was very nimble but when i finally installed the body it pushed pretty bad to the point where i had to use the brakes to get it to turn in. An easy fix for this is to cut the wing down but i think im just going to make a wing that has no Gurney flap but has the side dams for stability, if i need more rear traction i will construct a diffuser. I heard that the AUDI body creates more front grip so next weekend i will test it but right now i dont want to make too many changes. I also think it needs more droop, especially in the rear.

My XZ-R comes in tomorrow!! But im not going to install it until i get the chassis closer to performing like i want. but i am going to take my Alpha motor apart over the weekend and do some porting, it really needs some top end!

I will continue to post my progress as i go!
Pic with Alpha wheels:

Last edited by MantisWorx; 12-13-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Did some AERO work today! The stock wing had too much downforce, would be ok for a short track and i could probably have cut it down but decided to go with a low downforce wing and then a fully functional diffuser. The diffuser goes under the rear arms and to the chassis so i expect it to work well.

I also took apart my Alpha motor to clean port and polish, I havent run it on the track yet but it is sooo much more responsive and has a radical sound to it. BAck in my younger days i own a Speed shop named Apexx Racing and RotarySC.com both shops specialized in Rotary Engines so i have probably built and ported 200 motors from 150 hp to 1000 hp on methanol!! these engines are basically the same thing so i will apply some of what i know and see what happens. Judging by the sound it should be really good.

My XZ-R speed also came in , i plan on breaking it in next weekend!

Setup wise i changed front fluid to 50k and rear to 5k, made some new carbon brake rotors as the stock ones were already showing heat stress. And since there is no center dif why are the brake rotors different sizes? i made them both the same, the brakes faded quickly last time out. Went to a short rear link (inside on the hub), on the outside there is almost zero camber gain. An i added a little more droop front and rear. last time out it had a tendency to lift the inside front wheel on exit. Should be able to hit the track tuesday to see how it goes.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

New Team C short chassis body!!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

D#%@ lfa o_O

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.